Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama

Jan 3, 2019, 4:11 PM

The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama

The absence of defensive tackle Dexter Lawrence didn’t make much of difference against an average Notre Dame, but there is no doubt that he will be missed against Alabama. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama

Jan 3, 2019, 4:15 PM

Tell that to Albert Huggins...

Hoping his absence will be a little extra motivation for the

Jan 3, 2019, 4:17 PM

rest of the guys on the D-line. Glad he'll be able to be on the sidelines!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

I think he just meant in terms of depth.

Jan 3, 2019, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

I love Albert Huggins, but we will feel the absence of Dexter Lawrence against a team like Alabama. You don't capriciously lose an All-American player like Lawrence and not feel the effects of it. Not convinced, but don't like our chances against Alabama/NCAA. Everythibg flowing their way.

guess we better just forfeit the game and give them the

Jan 3, 2019, 7:05 PM

Trophy. I'm so scared.

They are missing their starting guard. We are going to snack tua over and over again.

Jan 3, 2019, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

Tell em coot!

Again with this we stuff, dg.

Jan 3, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

As I have previously stated, the only way for you foolish fowls to have any enjoyment out of college FB is to psyop a winning program. Sad. Pathetic. But, understandable.
Remember the white stuff in chicken crap is chicken crap, too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 9:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

No matter who is playing Brent Venables will have his Defense ready and prepared no matter what the obstacle is

Jan 3, 2019, 6:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

I have great respect for Albert, but fear that the NCAA has doomed us to defeat----what else is new?

Jan 3, 2019, 7:42 PM

Decent I a big loss...
Oh, well....instead of 14, we win by 11.

Jan 3, 2019, 7:44 PM

Dex is a big loss...
Oh, well, instead of 14, we win by 11.

Jan 4, 2019, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

Seriously, as a gamecock fan, why did you waste your time posting 2000+ comments on TNet? DO you really have nothing better to do?

Someone said this stuff had a half life of 24 hrs.

Jan 3, 2019, 4:24 PM

If that's the case we'd be looking at .0000125% right now. That's 1.25x10^-5, I doubt a that would show up on a test. Evidently .0002 comes in when you're taking an IV of the stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Someone said this stuff had a half life of 24 hrs.

Jan 3, 2019, 4:44 PM

Well yes! I don't have an explanation, but there's a snake in the woodpile somewhere. We will just have to play past this somehow. Can we do it against a team like 'Bama? Probably not, but having an all-world QB like Trevor Lawrence certainly helps. And we have a stable of top WR's who can challenge anyone. And if our OL can block them, we have some very good RB's who can tote the seed. I'm always hopeful.

Re: Someone said this stuff had a half life of 24 hrs.

Jan 3, 2019, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Someone said this stuff had a half life of 24 hrs. ]

I’m glad someone has finally woken up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely hate it but...next man up. Never play that card***

Jan 3, 2019, 4:37 PM

Re: Absolutely hate it but...next man up. Never play that card***

Jan 3, 2019, 4:45 PM

Sorry, what do you mean?

Jan 3, 2019, 4:47 PM

Click bait article

Huggins is better against the pass than the run, Dex is better against the run, than the pass. Hence why Dex would come out on third down.

Going into the Cotton Bowl, Huggins had as many...

Jan 3, 2019, 4:51 PM

..QB pressures as Wilkins. Tied for most on the team at that point. Dexter rarely played on obvious passing downs. Notre Dame was anything but average. You don’t go 13-1 as an “average” football team. Dabo said it best, there was no talent gap. We could play the game 10 times & the outcome would be different each time. It was just our day that. We prepared better. Played better. Every break went our way. Notre Dame only gave up 4 plays of 40 yards all year. That’s an amazing stat. That’s not average. Alabama cannot claim that. Notre Dame played some heavy weight teams along the way, too. I’m sick of hearing Notre Dame didn’t belong. They did, and were a helluva good team! What we have, is a driven staff. A driven team. A will to win that I haven’t seen in a long time. Deshaun Watson carries that with him. He gave it to the rest of the team, and sort of willed a Championship through his leadership. It was a team effort. But, everyone fed off of #4. We don’t need that kind of leadership this year. Everyone seems to have that edge about them. As long as we continue to carry this into the game Monday night, we will wear Bama down in the 2nd half. The first half will be tough sledding. But, we can wear them down, and take them down! Huggins is more than capable. Our D-line will be more than okay. Just another “they sky is falling” without Dex article. This team is bigger than any one player. Dabo says it all the time. One day, the media will believe him!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Right on.***

Jan 3, 2019, 4:58 PM

Re: Going into the Cotton Bowl, Huggins had as many...

Jan 3, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Going into the Cotton Bowl, Huggins had as many... ]

Make this headline news. That's more like it! Only regret not being able to give more than one TU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Going into the Cotton Bowl, Huggins had as many... ]

Great post. the idea that Notre Dame was somehow a second rate team is absurd. I agree that Huggins is a great player, but not really a Dex. Having said that, I still think that we have a very good team at the LOS, but not sure we measure up to Alabama. Don't think that we can run on them, so it will be up to our passing game---if our OL can hold off their pass rush, we have the QB and receivers to get the job done. I'm going out on a limb and predicting that we upset Alabama, but fear that I'll be back on here eating crow after the game.

Jan 4, 2019, 10:07 AM

Why would you have to come back here and eat crow? As if anyone didn't know you just showed us all your feathers.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 6:38 PM [ in reply to Going into the Cotton Bowl, Huggins had as many... ]

We are 14-0;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our PR dept needs to squash this

Jan 3, 2019, 4:52 PM

Keeping this in the headlines every week is counter productive for obvious reasons

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kiss off... Your dribble is getting old fast.***

Jan 3, 2019, 11:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His drivel is, too

Jan 4, 2019, 9:11 AM

He plays basketball?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Jan 3, 2019, 4:54 PM

No offense to Big Dex, but we'll be fine. Sure could use him to stop those RB's, but I think chasing down Tua is going to be priority 1. Wouldn't be surprised to see 3 DE's on our line. We will need speed in this game. And hat's off to Huggy Bear - the guy is a stud as well for goodness sakes.

Jan 3, 2019, 6:37 PM

Huggy is a man! He'll get the job dome. The other three dudes at that position all weigh over 300 lbs. and look like they don't wish anyone well.

Jan 3, 2019, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: The absence of Dexter Lawrence will be felt against Alabama ]

He's a little on the small side, which worries me. He's only 315. Chuckle.

Jan 3, 2019, 5:00 PM

Next man up!!! This probably means we will also see more of XT3 who can definitely create havoc in the pocket. Can’t wait to see him chasing Tua all over the field!!!!

Jan 3, 2019, 5:34 PM

XT imo needs a lot of snaps. The kids strong and has wheels! I think he could be a difference maker.

Why isn't there an AUTOMATIC re-test with new sample

Jan 3, 2019, 6:17 PM

it seems like that would be the very first thing done.

null

Same reason they don't let you retake a breathalyzer

Jan 3, 2019, 6:53 PM

a day or two later.

Re: Same reason they don't let you retake a breathalyzer

Jan 3, 2019, 7:07 PM

Actually, I could be wrong but had heard that the appeal process involves submitting a fresh sample. I’m not sure anyone has created an anecdote for beating these test, and it looks better on him and Clemson if he did fail a 3rd sample. This would in my opinion lead me to believe he got it unknowingly. And apparently a lot of it. Tragic for sure but we have got to move on and hope this never happens again. I suspect Dabo and Co are really driving home the point to these players that they cannot so much as eat a snack unless it’s approved by the program and has been thoroughly tested.

Jan 3, 2019, 6:36 PM

The way the talk is going, why spend the money and talking a doomed trip. I say horse sh!t. We have a player in Huggins that will be using this game Monday night to improve his draft stock for the NFL, and he will get the job done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 6:39 PM

I agree! He is a beast! We'll be fine.

Jan 3, 2019, 6:41 PM

Of course we will miss Dex but I truly feel Huggins is up to the task. The rest of the defense will play harder to compensate. No way there's a let down. We will prevail! Go Tigers ??!!

Paycheck game for Huggy Bear

Jan 3, 2019, 7:53 PM

The fact of the matter is that Albert Huggins is a very good DT. If Dexter hadn't signed with Clemson, Huggins would be starting and we'd love him and he would have had an incredible year. Despite all that, he's a co-starter. And he's done a phenomenal job given his reduced snaps.

This is a paycheck game for Huggins in that his performance, as a starter, against Bama's OL will provide great tape for NFL teams. I'm thinking Huggins is a 2nd or 3rd round guy. This is his chance to show it. He knows all of this. And I'm telling you he's going to play like his hair is on fire. This is his last chance to wear that uniform... against the best competition in college... for the national championship... and he's playing as a starter. Bama should be afraid.

Amazing how Dabo and staff have handled this, treating

Jan 3, 2019, 8:18 PM

it like an injury from the get-go and plodding along with no sorrow or shame - just part of the process of the game of football. The 3 are traveling with the team as would an injured player. It's a bummer for sure, but it's still all about team and taking care of business. No hiding behind 'team rules' either.

Go Tigers. All of them. All of us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amazing how Dabo and staff have handled this, treating

Jan 3, 2019, 10:13 PM

Christian, Albert, Clelin and Austin will play the game of their lives. GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 3, 2019, 10:15 PM

So I guess Huggy bear is chopped liver?...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 11:54 PM

Next man up!

I agree with the XT comments, his speed could be a killer Monday night. I would love to see him sack Tua like the one he had at the end of the Syracuse game.

And Huggie is the man!!

Jan 4, 2019, 10:04 AM

Some great replies

Feel for Dexter and other 2 - suxs

GO TIGERS

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2019, 9:28 AM

While I agree 100% on the effects the absence Dexter Lawrence has in Monday ‘s game, there is one name you didn’t mention. What about true freshman Xavier Thomas? He certainly doesn’t have the experience that Lawrence has, but he has looked very good when he is playing. You can’t replace a Dexter Lawrence, but hopefully his backups will play above their abilities Monday night. I pray the Lord gives them strength equal to their tasks. Go Tigers! Fight!

Not your best work David

Jan 4, 2019, 1:08 PM

Sad to see such a bad attitude that disrespect the team and fans of Clemson.

If you are unable to be more positive and realistic, figure out why and do something about it.

You have done much better work and thus isn't part of that body of work. Stunning that you would produce this just prior to the National Championship game. We can get plenty of this sort of journalism elsewhere and I hate seeing it here on Tigernet.

GO TIGERS !!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic