Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out

Mar 8, 2021, 5:15 PM

Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out

The Clemson Tigers were back at practice Monday afternoon and once again selected members of the media were allowed to watch the early portions. We have plenty of observations and injury news to pass along. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like what we are hearing out of Shipley. May be one of the rare ones

Mar 8, 2021, 5:46 PM

Where the understanding of the game isn’t a typical Freshman understanding as in Hunter and Deshaun etc. I know how important pass protection is to Coach TE and if that develops he’s going to get some playing time.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like what we are hearing out of Shipley. May be one of the rare ones

Mar 8, 2021, 6:06 PM

I think so too. Sounds like the rave is maffah also. They'll both get PT. If so, may see a transfer or two. Hope not... But if they're that good, got to get em reps with the ones.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Something tells me Dixon and Shipley are potential

Mar 8, 2021, 11:11 PM

superstars and will wind up with the bulk of the touches at RB this year. Mafah, Mellusi, Rencher, Dukes, and Pace may all have their moments, but I see them mostly as situational role players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Like what we are hearing out of Shipley. May be one of the rare ones

Mar 9, 2021, 6:45 AM [ in reply to Like what we are hearing out of Shipley. May be one of the rare ones ]

I agree. Shipley's playing time will be in direct correlation to his ability to pass protect, especially his ability to pick up the blitz and make the block.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out

Mar 8, 2021, 5:50 PM

Thank God it’s early but injuries are a nag.

Mar 8, 2021, 6:12 PM

I know. Cannot remember a stretch of injuries like this in Dabo era. Started last year and seems to have spilled over to fall.

Especially KJ, he needs the reps and develop a mean streak. Sure hope XT reaches his full expected potential.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out ]

Yellow and White Spring Game this year?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gotta get LaVonta Bentley on the field...

Mar 8, 2021, 7:44 PM

Nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta get LaVonta Bentley on the field...

Mar 8, 2021, 11:45 PM

That would be nice.....maybe the last 2 CFB playoff loses are enough to make some modifications to the "Friends & Family Plan" when it comes to playimg time.

Mar 9, 2021, 11:52 AM

Exactly. Have not seen any linebackers that can fill the gap and stop a runner at the point of contact except Bentley. It gets old watching the same LB's never get off a block and seldom bringing a RB down without being dragged another 3 yards. It's an undersized group compared to the elite teams and it sticks out like a sore thumb regardless of how many run blitzes we throw at it.

Mar 9, 2021, 7:10 AM [ in reply to Gotta get LaVonta Bentley on the field... ]

Been a big fan of his. Hopefully at the end of the year, everyone has heard of him.

Re: TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out***

Mar 9, 2021, 10:35 AM

D line needs

Mar 9, 2021, 10:43 AM

Tre Williams and Capehart need to step up. These were two big recruits that should be pushing the guys in front. It would be nice to have a 4 man rotation with those two in the mix.
KJ and XT need to ball out too! If so, this could be an all time great D. If we don’t get depth???

Mar 9, 2021, 11:13 AM

I would be careful of boasting you're one of "selected" media allowed to watch practice. You weren't "selected" for your critical analysis. Quite the opposite. You can be depended upon to present the company view. And you did.

You're quite the curmudgeon, aren't you?***

Mar 9, 2021, 11:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

What does your post have anything to do with

Mar 10, 2021, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out ]

"Practice Observations"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Go throw some more Muschump buyout money

Mar 10, 2021, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Practice Observations: More injury news, linebacker standing out ]

under your spur-less chicken statue, coot.

David was selected because for decades, TigerNet has been a grade A source of Clemson sporting news. If media is allowed at anything Clemson, TigerNet has someone there. Who are YOU and why should I give a #### about your opinion? We don't listen to chickens 'round here; we eat them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic