Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Pigskin Prophet: A rivalry weekend as boring as the Gamecock coaching search
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Pigskin Prophet: A rivalry weekend as boring as the Gamecock coaching search

Nov 27, 2020, 8:01 AM

Pigskin Prophet: A rivalry weekend as boring as the Gamecock coaching search

Welcome to what used to be rivalry weekend. We are used to seeing rivalry games the weekend after Thanksgiving, but the modified schedules and weirdness of 2020 means that we get to see the Iron Bowl, which will be about as competitive as South Carolina against The Citadel (haha). Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither the Marbleheads or the Corndoggers have a reason

Nov 27, 2020, 8:16 AM

to want to play that game. A&M wants to preserve their playoff hopes, and LSU wants to not get embarrassed again. I forsee some medical disagreement and a cancellation for this one. And in the SEC, it just means more, of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Pigskin Prophet: A rivalry weekend as boring as the Gamecock coaching search

Nov 27, 2020, 8:41 AM

I just hope Coach BV has prepared our D for the “shovel pass” that killed us in 2016.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Pigskin Prophet: A rivalry weekend as boring as the Gamecock coaching search

I just hope Coach BV has prepared our D for the “shovel pass” that killed us in 2016.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 27, 2020, 8:42 AM

Nov 27, 2020, 8:58 AM

Maybe you should tell him just one more time.

Nov 27, 2020, 11:07 AM

Sorry for the multiple posts. Itchy finger??. But I was there in 2016 and BV did not adjust our D at halftime which is the only time I can recall that happening. Go Tigers!

Nov 27, 2020, 2:02 PM

Yeah, that was bad.

Our D had not given up a TD pass to a RB or TE all year, but that day we gave up 4 to Pitt. Their OC (I should remember but don't) came up with some schemes to get our LBs isolated into man pass coverage and we failed miserably (particularly Boulware--he was too short and small for the TE, too slow for the RBs and he cannot backpedal in space.)

But the next week Wake tried the TE shuffle pass, and we killed it. The same with SouKarliner. So at least it only got us for one whole game.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:38 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Pigskin Prophet: A rivalry weekend as boring as the Gamecock coaching search ]

Yeah. We got it the first time.

Considering Clemson/Pitt is 330 as well as Iron Bowl

Nov 27, 2020, 10:02 AM

Clemson Pitt game is the game that saves the weekend

"bigly mad" . . . . . love it.***

Nov 27, 2020, 11:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Nov 27, 2020, 2:13 PM

"Can you imagine the triple option in the Southeastern Conference?"

I think a bigger question is "Can you imagine Jeff Monken at USC?"

After years of Mus encouraging his players to jaw and trash talk and act like wannabe bullies without the chops to back it up, Monken is going to come in and try to instill some humility and discipline? THAT is worth the price of admission alone.

If Caslen really wants Monken, all he has to do is promise the OL the opportunity to cut block Clemson's DLinemen in the last game before the postseason and suddenly the boosters will make him the leading candidate.

Wins and Losses be d*#^ed. It's not as though they've got a prayer against us before 2025 anyway.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic