Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment

Jul 3, 2018, 8:01 AM

Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment

There are almost seven months until National Signing Day 2019 and for Nolan Smith, his recruitment isn’t over until he signs his National Letter of Intent.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so you're saying there's a chance***

Jul 3, 2018, 8:10 AM

does anyone know if we've ever flipped a 5* before? I'm not getting my hopes up

Re: so you're saying there's a chance***

Jul 3, 2018, 6:40 PM

Get your hopes up...
I wouldn't

j/k

dream on
:D #21

Jul 4, 2018, 6:46 AM

Guys, this is just a jock who feels the need of attention. Why would you want, or trust, a guy who so publicly flouts his "commitment" as, well, just a suggestion? It is one thing to be talked out of it by a recruiter, quite another to put it on the auction block. Leave him to Georgia and move along.

Jul 3, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to so you're saying there's a chance*** ]

We flipped XT from what was said! He was already committed to Coots!

I think he just likes his name being in the headlines...

Jul 3, 2018, 8:11 AM

wouldn't put a whole lotta stock in Nolan Smith changing it up before signing day. I do however see him hinting around like this throughout the process but in the end he'll stick with UGA. I could be wrong but...i'm not.

I agree, 99.9%***

Jul 3, 2018, 6:41 PM

If this was our recruit saying this about another school,

Jul 3, 2018, 8:21 AM

this board would lose its freaking mind

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If this was our recruit saying this about another school,

Jul 3, 2018, 8:25 AM

Not really, this just looks like a whole bunch of nothing

Re: If this was our recruit saying this about another school,

Jul 3, 2018, 9:37 AM

I'm lost at the statement; However, if Clemson is to do the unthinkable, the onus will be on the coaches. What is he talking about, what is he wanting, what is it that he expects our coaches to do to get a signed letter of intent from him. If he is wanting our coaches to offer him something unethical like some other school would do to get his commitment, well then he doesn't know Dabo very well at all. I believe that our coaches has already given him the unthinkable when compared to most schools that has offered him, and that is an unconditional truth about what Clemson can offer him if he works his butt off and proves that he is serious about becoming the best FB player that he can possibly be, and if he does that, our coaches can help make him into a bright star going into the next level of FB, in the NFL....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nolan Smith loves playing the game,

Jul 3, 2018, 8:25 AM

Don't believe what you hear from this guy, believe what you see...

Re: Nolan Smith loves playing the game,

Jul 3, 2018, 8:32 AM

Lol and if he goes anywhere it definitely won't be Clemson. He wouldn't get any significant PT with all of the studs we have at DE.

Jul 3, 2018, 8:49 AM

Maybe he is better than some of the guys we have? No telling.

Jul 3, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Nolan Smith loves playing the game, ]

WRONG!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment

Jul 3, 2018, 8:53 AM

The kid is just playing the game. He knows who is asking the questions and what they want to hear. He is headed to Athens.

He seems confused, wearing a football helmet while

Jul 3, 2018, 9:01 AM

trying to catch a tennis ball. He either doesn't understand the game of football or he's trying to be a 2-sport athlete. Either way he doesn't seem like Clemson material to me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Just so everyone knows, tennis balls are used in football

Jul 3, 2018, 12:47 PM

workouts to coordinate hand and foot movement. I can't speak for the whole Clemson team but I know the OL does this. They roll a tennis ball between their hands while getting their footwork down properly. As far as this young man not being Clemson material, I'd let Dabo decide that, and maybe he already has.

Re: Just so everyone knows, tennis balls are used in football

Jul 3, 2018, 1:43 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hmm...this is interesting, or ironic, or...

Jul 3, 2018, 4:02 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance."

Didn't want to go there, but you made it really easy. Peace out.

Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment

Jul 3, 2018, 9:03 AM

Seems kind of smallish for a DE to me. More of an OLB frame. I guess he is in the mold of Vic and is a quickie. I like the Austin Bryant/Clelin Ferrell sized DEs.

But this kind of noise is why I’m glad Dabo doesn’t want your commitment unless you shut down other visits. Either he’s trolling the coaches or he’s not very committed. Seems like a lose-lose situation for Clemson.

Jul 3, 2018, 9:07 AM

Dabo mandates shutting down visits as a condition of taking a recruits commitment?

Honestly, sounds like this kid might be more about himself than a football program. Hard to know through the media. I hope he makes the best choice for the program he chooses and not his ego.

Honestly, sounds like this kid might be more about himself than a football program. Hard to know through the media. I hope he makes the best choice for the program he chooses and not his ego.

Jul 3, 2018, 9:29 AM

This guy is wishing he wasn't committed already , I betcha . Sounds like a good kid ... maybe thinking he made a snap decision in a very long process .
I wouldn't be surprised to see him come to Clemson , or stay in Athens . Hard to tell what will happen with 18 yr olds

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He's not coming to Clemson....

Jul 3, 2018, 10:08 AM

...but just likes the attention. Think of pretty girl that likes dudes tripping over themselves for her attention to stroke the ego.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm pretty sure our coaches have been in contact - unless

Jul 3, 2018, 10:18 AM

they don't continually communicate to someone that is committed to another school. Regardless, to say "all they have to do is talk to me" just doesn't seem right. He'd be a great fit and heck of a land if we can get him to flip. I don't get the sense that he really will though.

Re: I'm pretty sure our coaches have been in contact - unless

Jul 6, 2018, 6:47 AM

Of course they do. A commitment is not the letter of intent. And if the "commitment" is listening, then he ain't committed, is he? We;ve had several discussed this recruiting cycle. Every program does. Nothing illegal or unethical in it, so don't put us on some sort of goodie goodie pedestal ... we recruit. This kid's problem though is that he regrets committing so early and losing out on all the loving attention and adulation and in-home visits, so now he wants them. But they won't change his mind, and who would believe him?

Jul 3, 2018, 10:37 AM

Would love for him to come to Clemson but I really do not like the fact that he is commited to UGa but says we have a chance. Does commitment mean nothing to him? I don't understand.

Jul 3, 2018, 10:54 AM

I swear some of you obviously didn't read the article and you are talking negatively about the kid makes no sense to me!! He is the #1 DE in this class, he said he knows the 4 starters are gone next yr, he know we have XT and KJ, and he says he see's an opportunity to get on the field early. He obviously knows what is going on at Clemson so it isn't like he isn't interested in what is happening here!!

But the comments like he isn't Clemson material??? Really? Why would Dabo have offered then? Why would they still be talking to him? We just had many threads about recruits reading Tnet and then we have dummies talking negatively about a recruit that you have no clue what he is thinking!!

Whether he ends up at Clemson, UGA, Bama, etc., some of you just can't post something unless you are spitting sour grapes or spewing shade at someone. That won't help recruiting, I guarantee that!!

Jul 3, 2018, 11:03 AM

Agreed, great post. Dabo would not still be recruiting him if he was not Clemson material.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 6:09 PM

Josh Belk says hi.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 3, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment ]

So if you get married it is perfectly fine for you to say that another women has a chance if she does the right things? Makes a lot of sense. He commited to UGA. He should never have commited if another school has a chance. Why do you think this is okay?

Just so we are clear…

Jul 3, 2018, 12:52 PM

You are equating a marriage proposal to a college commitment? How many wives recruited you for your “ability”. Did you have websites that ranked your “ability”? Did they have camps where you could showcase your “ability”.
This is an 18-year-old kid playing a game that is enjoying the attention. Ease up…

Re: Just so we are clear…

Jul 3, 2018, 8:48 PM

I know he is just a kid and may jump the gun at commiting. That does not make it right tho. A commitment should actually mean something imo. Sorry if you do not agree.

Jul 3, 2018, 11:06 PM

Dabo will set the "committed" terminology straight! Don't think this means this guy isn't Clemson material!!

Jul 4, 2018, 8:42 AM

Never said that he wasn't. Doing one thing I don't agree with does not mean I do not like a person or believe that they are bad. I just don't like the fact that he has commited but is shopping around. He should never have commited is all. He is holding UGA from going after a different DE if he does flip and to me that is wrong. Many would love that because they hate Georgia but if he were doing that to us I wouldn't like it.

Jul 4, 2018, 10:14 AM

Isn't he the one that played April fools joke on everyone saying he flipped to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree if I based my judgement of a fanbase on Tigernet comments

Jul 3, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment ]

I’d say we have one of the worst fan bases in the country. Fortunately I know these commentors are a very marginal part of the Clemson fanbase or not really Clemson fans at all.

Thanks for the astute observations

Jul 3, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment ]

In a morass of bull malarkey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Holy crap. Finally, someone with some sense!

Jul 3, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment ]

I will remember your username and look forward to seeing you post more. +1

Great comments and my thoughts exactly. He sounds like a good kid with a great head on his shoulders - which makes me wonder why he’s Athens bound. I like our chances here.

The young man grew up in Savannah, GA

Jul 3, 2018, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Nation's No. 1 DE and Georgia commit says "anything can happen" with recruitment ]

And committed very very early to UGA before he played at IMG with XT and his bud Mike Jones. Not counting on anything but not throwing in the towel. Neither should any Tiger fans.

IMHO kids should not be offered, pressured, or even allowed to verbally commit prior to 2nd semester junior year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The young man grew up in Savannah, GA

Jul 3, 2018, 8:50 PM

I agree and I would love to have the kid. I just don't like the fact that he is commited but says we have a chance. If it were the schools in different positions most would not be too happy.

Agree C$T - just don't like kid verbally committing

Jul 5, 2018, 11:39 PM

in 9th grade ...

Re: Agree C$T - just don't like kid verbally committing

Jul 6, 2018, 8:35 AM

Yes that wayy too early for most. I understand if you have grown up a fan but you still need to visit other schools and truly find out what is best for you. A lot can change in 4 years. I just want kids to take commitment more seriously is all though. You don't need to commit till you are ssure. All in all these are young men tho that still have a lot of growing up to do. It is fine with me if they feel they made a mistake and want to change their mind.

Jul 3, 2018, 10:48 AM

This is as sure of a sucker bet as I've ever seen. He's all Dawg, just loves the attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 11:20 AM

This kid is a fickle tease. All he’s missing is a Nigerian mother.

Jul 3, 2018, 4:07 PM

Don't we need to see if he shows up with a Clemson steering wheel cover before we label him a tease?

Wish we'd stop covering this guy unless he officially flips

Jul 3, 2018, 11:26 AM

This dude is all Dawg, just stringing TNET along for the ride. If he flips to us, then awesome, put him on the front page. Otherwise, let's save the front page for something legit. Just my two cents.

Re: Wish we'd stop covering this guy unless he officially flips

Jul 3, 2018, 1:34 PM

The serious question is, do we want him even if he did flipped!!!

Jul 3, 2018, 11:29 AM

This does not sound like he is "ALL IN" with Georgia............Go get him coaches......Go Tigers!!!!

Jul 3, 2018, 11:37 AM

Smith has been a long-time commit to Georgia. To admit he is open to other overtures does not speak well for his definition of commitment. It appears to me there is an honorable way for Smith to handle this situation if he is serious about his recruitment. De-commit from Georgia and open up his recruitment. Georgia is still in the game but they are aware of his interest in other schools. He is a talented recruit and I would like to see him in a Tiger uniform. I would hope his character is such that this is not a game he is playing with Georgia and the other schools interested in his commitment.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. He says Clemson coaches just need to talk to him

Jul 3, 2018, 1:16 PM

putting the onus on them but if he's really open to other schools he needs to de-commit from UGA.

Jul 3, 2018, 12:38 PM

Hard to imagine this guy being "All In" anywhere.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 1:32 PM

If I were a 5 star DE I'm not sure I would go to a team that just signed Xavier Thomas and KJ Henry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2018, 1:36 PM

Although I would love to have him, I don't put any stock into it. Nolan just seems to like to get love from Clemson once and awhile. Hope I'm wrong.

FYI for Tiger Coaching Staff

Jul 3, 2018, 1:43 PM

This talented and well spoken young man is at or near the top of SocMan2’s recruiting list. This Tnet message is endorsed by SocMan2. Go Tigers!

No thanks.

Jul 3, 2018, 4:00 PM

He is not Clemson material by his comments. He definitely belongs with Kirby Dumb in Athens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No thanks.

Jul 3, 2018, 5:48 PM

You are 100% correct. I would not want this dude. He needs to go to Athens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No thanks.

Jul 5, 2018, 6:33 PM

I say throw out what we have to offer to this guy, and then let him sit with it. Make sure at the same time that we can't reserve a spot, for him, And then drop it! Worst thing we can do is pursue him. As one of the elite programs in the country, we are not desperate for any one player. Don't play to this kid's ego.

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic