Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: For Trenton Simpson, the best is yet to come
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: For Trenton Simpson, the best is yet to come

Oct 22, 2020, 5:01 PM

For Trenton Simpson, the best is yet to come

Dabo Swinney didn’t mince words when it was suggested that Trenton Simpson was easy to pick out in the Tigers’ throttling of Georgia Tech last weekend, saying that it didn’t take a football coach to notice that Simpson made “every tackle.” Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: For Trenton Simpson, the best is yet to come

Oct 22, 2020, 5:33 PM

Justin who?

Oct 22, 2020, 5:46 PM

We have 5 stars praying to come here. Don't take this time for granted.

Oct 22, 2020, 6:18 PM

He is impressive. Glad he is a Tiger

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 8:43 PM

Amen. So does Simpson start at Sam next year? And does that move Mike Jones to Will or Mike? And how about Spector?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 6:21 PM

This guy is going to be fun to watch. Glad he's a Tiger.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 22, 2020, 9:46 PM

I agree. We have a talented young man. Going to enjoy watching him play for our Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 8:24 PM

Watching #22, I was thinking:
He’s everywhere, he’s everywhere!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 8:58 PM

He’s definitely a good one in many ways!

Can someone explain why it took so long to offer Trenton?

Oct 22, 2020, 10:18 PM

His recruiting with Clemson seemed bizarre. 5 star, local kid, dying to come to Clemson, and we find a way to offer him late.

He committed early to auburn

Oct 22, 2020, 11:41 PM

we went all in for Justin Flowe, Simpson decommitted, Flowe didn't commit in a timely fashion, the offer went to Simpson when the staff decided that Flowe was no longer reciprocating the same level of interest when at the same time his interest in oregon was being documented as growing...
Simpson is now a Tiger and Flowe is a duck, win-win for all!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2020, 1:00 AM

If he puts on 20-25 lbs in the next 2 years, I think he could be a games-wrecking DE/OLB combo player.

Gotta keep the quickness though to be able to cover TEs (and sometimes RBs).

Oct 23, 2020, 3:56 PM

I may be a homer, but I don't think there's anyone in the country that even comes close to developing talent like Clemson. Winning 2 out of 3 or 2 out of 4, however you want to work the numbers, with recruiting classes that aren't even on the same field as Alabama and those guys is really impressive. Now, Clemson is signing classes every bit as talented as Alabama in the rankings, but the Tigers were beating them before with supposedly lessor talent. That's not my rankings, but all of the sites had Clemson's classes in the middle of the top 10 or lower.
This past class was off the charts, so my point is, what is Clemson going to do with equal or better talent coming in as the big boys like Bama? Players like Isaiah Simmons, Tanner Muse and James Skalski weren't even recruited by Bama. Now, there's Murphy, Bresee, Simpson and others like them that were the best in the country at their positions.
The future will be interesting, for sure, because the next class will have Jeremiah Trotter, Will Shipley, Payton Page, Beaux Collins and other top talents to add to the almost embarrassment of riches. It's gonna be fun and hang on and enjoy the ride.

Oct 23, 2020, 8:06 PM

I would put Wisconsin right up there with us. They are a factory when it comes to turning 3-stars into very good CFB players.

The difference is we get 5-stars every year and most of the rest are 4-stars. They are mostly 3s with some 4s, though that is changing some. They got Nolan Rucci for 2021 who is 5-star. If they ever start getting top-notch QBs and more speed in the secondary, Wisconsin will start winning the B1G sometimes instead of playing for 2nd behind Ohio State.

Oct 24, 2020, 9:35 AM

That's an excellent point. But, compared to the big boys playing for titles, I would put the Tigers up against anyone. Take the 2014 recruiting class, for example. Alabama was ranked #1, of course, but Clemson was ranked 12th in the ESPN rankings. Yet, that 12th ranked class helped Clemson climb to the top.
LSU was ranked 2nd, and they never did a thing until Burrow transferred in from Ohio State. FSU was ranked 3rd and they fell apart a short time afterwards. Texas A&M was ranked 4th and they've done diddly with that talent. Tennessee was ranked 5th and as recently as last year, the Vols lost to Georgia State. 6th was Florida, 7th was Ohio State, then Auburn and Georgia. Miami and Notre Dame both were ranked higher than Clemson.
To prove your point, Wisconsin was ranked 34th. Yet, the Badgers have never been in the playoffs, or even close. They do develop talent in the OL, recruit really good RBs and generally have a really stout defense which was a formula developed by Barry Alvarez. Following Wisconsin coaches know they can't recruit top talent to Madison, so they follow the Alvarez formula and it works well enough to win a weak Big 10 West. However, recent developments at Minnesota and maybe Nebraska will threaten that domination soon.

That 2014 Clemson class and much work by Dabo and company started the more recent recruiting trends by Clemson of:
7th in 2015
8th in 2016 and by the way, FSU was #1. Look where that got them.
10th in 2017, but Clemson could only sign 14 players. FSU was 4th which they completely screwed up.
5th in 2018 led by Trevor Lawrence. Texas was 3rd and screwed that up.
10th in 2019 behind such challengers as Texas and Michigan.
1st in 2020 which again validates my point. Clemson has been dominating with classes ranked inferior to teams they've beaten for titles.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic