Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible"

Apr 16, 2020, 8:17 AM

ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible"

College football fans are hoping that the 2020 season unfolds on time and in a normal fashion, but that’s a scenario that one ESPN announcer says is “impossible.” Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible"

Apr 16, 2020, 8:22 AM

got to love the doom and gloomers

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible"

Apr 16, 2020, 8:26 AM

He seemed more positive the other day before ESPN told him to take a 15% paycut .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Apr 16, 2020, 8:33 AM

He would know more than most. I hope he is wrong though. That would be a bummer.

Apr 16, 2020, 8:48 AM

hey carlsbad, even the most staunch trump haters, which you are right at the top, have surely got to be totally disgusted with pos pelosi and schummers actions and their continuing support of china.

You do realize that someone who disagrees with how Trump..

Apr 16, 2020, 9:52 AM

...has handled some/many things doesn't mean they are a fan of Pelosi, Hillary, etc. - right?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

No. I don't think he realizes a lot of things.***

Apr 16, 2020, 10:00 AM

Re: No. I don't think he realizes a lot of things.***

Apr 16, 2020, 10:03 AM

User Logo
stubborn_tiger
Orange Blooded [4566]
TigerPulse: 99%
No. I don't think he realizes a lot of things.***
Posted: Apr 16, 2020 10:00 AM

get back with me in 5 plus years. better get used to it.

I have no idea what this means

Apr 16, 2020, 10:09 AM

I have to ask. Why do you seem so personally offended every time a CFB analyst talks about the potential of the season being affected by COVID-19?

It's kind of weird.

Re: I have no idea what this means

Apr 16, 2020, 10:18 AM

User Logo
stubborn_tiger
Orange Blooded [4566]
TigerPulse: 99%
I have no idea what this means
Posted: Apr 16, 2020 10:09 AM

I have to ask. Why do you seem so personally offended every time a CFB analyst talks about the potential of the season being affected by COVID-19?

It's kind of weird.

what is weird is that they are commenting at all. they have no clue what will happen, much like me and you and all of the fake news media.

Re: You do realize that someone who disagrees with how Trump..

Apr 16, 2020, 10:01 AM [ in reply to You do realize that someone who disagrees with how Trump.. ]

User Logo
TigerTown
Orange Blooded [3769]
TigerPulse: 100%
You do realize that someone who disagrees with how Trump..
Posted: Apr 16, 2020 9:52 AM

...has handled some/many things doesn't mean they are a fan of Pelosi, Hillary, etc. - right?

maybe in a few rare cases. let me ask you this since you seem to know the way things "should" have been handled in a situation that has never before happened in this country. pretty sure there have been some mistakes made but name one politician that would ever say, sorry yall i f'ed up. what you may do is try to fix the things that did go wrong. fact of the mater is if trump found the cure today he would still be trashed by the media tomorrow. can you imagine the great obama, clinton, any foreign leader that is talked to and interrupted the way trump is. the man comes out there every day and takes the most idiotic questions for hours on hours. what the media does not get is they are just making the guy more popular, just the opposite of what their plan is.

I didn't say the media has done a good job -

Apr 16, 2020, 10:12 AM

nor that they haven't been off the wall dip**** crazy. That said, I think Trump has done some good things...but also think he has screwed up a ton of stuff that could have been avoided had he not been an egotistical #########. IF that offends you, go find your little safe space, tune in to whatever media makes you feel good - and enjoy your day.

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

This isn't going to do.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:13 AM

You're supposed to worship dear leader and not question anything.

Re: This isn't going to do.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:23 AM

i do not worship any politician. and my question is why was any of this done in the first place. it has never been done before. not for any virus, many much deadlier than this one. got a pretty good idea though. undermining our leaders every move since he won the election.

Has the flu ever killed 25k+ Americans in 2 months?***

Apr 16, 2020, 10:43 AM

Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks

Apr 16, 2020, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible" ]

derboberts.....I am not near the top of Trump haters. I definitely dont like him. If he beats Biden I won't be bummed. I think he his charlatan compulsive liar, but I support some things he wants...tough borders, no illegals, other nations paying their fair share, and a few other things. As far as Schumer and Pelosi, I don't like them either. I am a 1990's type liberal. I am not a radical liberal.

Some really need to expand their reading past Fox

Apr 16, 2020, 10:54 AM

Tigertown actually brings up some pretty good points. Trump has done a few good things. Political attacks happen both ways.

There's a couple good articles in the economist. Personally, I can't stand Pelosi. All politics and way to the left. A Bernie left...

That being said, Trump is way to the right, extreme right. Have any of you Trumpettes really thought it through about what Trump's policies are? The America first, close the borders and withdraw from the world society he's preaching in his infomercials each day? Do you listen to what he's REALLY saying. He's advocating for a pre ww2 world... Isolate America.

Here's what you're advocating. We're no longer the world leader, we withdraw from the world organizations and leave a vaccum. Guess what, that vaccum is being filled with China being the new superpower... Is that really the path you want to take? Like it or not, we need China... But the F the world policy doesn't work.

The world needs America, but America needs the world too. We lead the world after 9/11 because Pres Bush had a lot of people around him like his Dad, like Cheney. Trump now wants to isolate from the world.

Where's Ronald Reagan when we need him most.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some really need to expand their reading past Fox

Apr 16, 2020, 10:56 AM

I am with you.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Some really need to expand their reading past Fox ]

That being said, Trump is way to the right, extreme right. Have any of you Trumpettes really thought it through about what Trump's policies are? The America first, close the borders and withdraw from the world society he's preaching in his infomercials each day? Do you listen to what he's REALLY saying. He's advocating for a pre ww2 world... Isolate America.

lmfao. guess yall so soon forget their were many republicans who did not want trump at first because he was not conservative enough. he was the darling of oprah and all the hollywood elites. until he rode down the escalator as a republican. how soon yall forget. and i guess you do not agree with him shutting down the border during this crisis. and yes he wants people to come from mexico, but done the right way, not sneaking drugs and weapons and disease with them. isolate america. smfh at that sh!t. hey i know nothing i could say will change your narrow minds. all i can say is buckle up for 5 more years. then get ready for the actual first lady president.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:26 AM

Wouldn't expect nothing more from you deroberts. You're right, he was that before he ran. He quickly learned... Hey, he watched fox enough to run a campaign and spew enough issues that sounded like music to conservative ears. He's a master at that. Usually I would careless but we're in the midst of the biggest crisis this world has seen, speaking of the living that is.

And yes, enough Republicans have kept him reined in and he was most likely a shoe in b4 c19... I think he knows that too.

But this is not the Republican party I knew. Imho, you'll see more and more staunch reps jump ship b4 November. A lot of prominent old time Republicans are saying they don't know the gop anymore.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Some really need to expand their reading past Fox ]

Where's Ronald Reagan when we need him most.

cheering like he!! from above.

If you think Trump is anywhere close to Reagan...

Apr 16, 2020, 1:18 PM

...you don't know **** about either of their political agendas nor their motives. Just stop.

Do you think Reagan would "cheer" for Trump...

Apr 16, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Some really need to expand their reading past Fox ]

...when he said he has the power to over-ride the Governors?

Apr 16, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Some really need to expand their reading past Fox ]

Where's JFK when we need him! He drove the Russians out of Cuba, along with their nukes. He could drive this virus out!!! Surprisingly, he was a democrat! The three best - FDR, JFK, and Reagan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible" ]

How on earth did a comment of a poster saying he hopes Fowler isn’t right immediately lead to a political debate?

Apr 16, 2020, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: ESPN announcer says a normal college football season looks "impossible" ]

yet he never seems really sure of down and distance. Horrible PBP announcer

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 8:42 AM

Anybody who claims to know what the situation will be in August is full of it, just like anybody who claimed to know we'd be where we are today back in February.

Waiting for apology from Bob***

Apr 16, 2020, 8:55 AM

How did I know we'd be hearing from Eeyore on this topic?

Apr 16, 2020, 8:58 AM

Let's wait a few months before we call it, how about it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Logistically, can't wait until mid June to make the call.***

Apr 16, 2020, 9:56 AM

What? I was talking about me having to issue a retraction

Apr 16, 2020, 11:13 AM

of my comment from a couple of weeks ago.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Apr 16, 2020, 9:14 AM

I think his opinions are realistic and well thought out.

It's becoming obvious to more people there cannot be a normal season, if there is one at all.

Only possible exception is a surprise medical breakthrough that better happen quickly.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:15 AM

He’s right. If China and the WHO had provided facts in the beginning thousands of live would have been spared.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:15 AM

He’s right. If China and the WHO had provided facts in the beginning thousands of live would have been spared.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:16 AM

If you don't have a football season, there won't be money for spring sports. Football funds everything else except basketball, which barely breaks even. So worrying about disrupting spring sports schedules is ridiculous. They are history unless there is a football season. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2020, 9:35 AM

Forget for a moment the look on his face,but he may be correct.As of right now I doubt we have any sports by September if things hold true through the summer.
I talked to my cousin this week who is a Clemson grad ,and he was telling me even the Walker Golf Course is closed.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:42 AM

These guys have to do something to stay relevant. He may be right. But it’s too early to predict.

Just one mans opinion....

Apr 16, 2020, 9:49 AM

At the end of the day, Chris Fowler doesn't know jack $#!7 and has absolutely no say in the matter whatsoever.

Who cares what he says or thinks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I'm paying attention to the AD's.

Apr 16, 2020, 10:53 AM

I tend to think it's off if students don't come back to campus in fall, like the AD's say. If classes and students don't return to campus, I don't see a season with no fans at the games, and making the players come back to school, practice, and play in an empty stadium. Just bringing back 100 players, and many more coaches, support staff, etc. to work and live together also seems impractical because if anyone gets the virus, it can run through the locker rooms, dorms, and through the team enough they can't play anyway. It would put the team and coaches in the same danger they are avoiding by not resuming classes and dorm life for students.

Maybe spring football could work, who knows.

Luckily we have several more months to figure it out, and a lot of other stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do students need to be on campus?

Apr 16, 2020, 1:10 PM

Students aren't on campus or in class during the holidays when the basketball team is playing.

Not nearly as many students are on campus or in classes when the baseball team is playing in May and June.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Apr 16, 2020, 9:50 AM

There are so legal issues around the decision to reopen colleges and universities that those decisions will certainly not be made until later. The buck stops on President Clement's desk so don't give up hope that Clemson will reopen but remember, it will take all states to be cleared for all schools to reopen if fall sports are to happen on time.

China&WHO lies, NOT “hope”, got us into this situation

Apr 16, 2020, 10:02 AM

Let’s be clear. The US was the first to start restricting travel early on in an attempt to head this off at the pass. And the criticism of that move was right on time from the China apologists.

The only thing I fault the administration on is not shutting travel down into the US entirely in late January, including the southern border.

And I fault the FDA and CDC for the testing debacle, then I fault Trump for not firing some folks related to that. Not having sufficient testing in short order and not being able to test every one who was coming into the US cost us precious time in detecting this threat.

Now you can blame Trump for that if you want to, but he wasn’t the guy in the lab developing the test wrong. And he was being told by the “experts” well into February that we are going to be ok. WHO and Fauci included. He has also told the models predicted way more deaths than have actually transpired.

Any intellectually honest person realizes Trump can only rely on the information he is getting from the so called “experts”. In this case, for once, he put aside his gut instinct and listened to those experts and now I have to imagine he wishes he just kept trusting his gut instinct. But he couldn’t do that because the consequences of hit but being wrong here was too high.

So he was ###### if he did and ###### if he didn’t.

As far as his combative style with the press and his trying to tamp down on concerns early on, yep, he has to own that negative. The other stuff? Give him a little credit for not being Trump and actually listening. Geez... ??

Re: China&WHO lies, NOT “hope”, got us into this situation

Apr 16, 2020, 10:30 AM

Trump vs. Biden. I know who I want playing QB. Biden should be on the concussion protocol.

Apr 16, 2020, 11:11 AM [ in reply to China&WHO lies, NOT “hope”, got us into this situation ]

Debunk one myth. Trump was not the first to restrict travel. 30+ countries already had.

2nd myth debunked, Trump new if he'd even read or participated in the morning sec briefing established after 911 exactly what was happening in China.

3rd myth, learn what and how WHO works. America long ago put restrictions on what who could and couldn't do. Blaming them is a paper Tiger

4th myth, cubbards are bare cupboards are bear... Broken system. Here's a clue, you've been POTUS for 4 years... It's your job in 2017 to ensure cupboards weren't bare, it's your job to fix a broken system. I'd cut him a break if this was April 2017.

There's more.

Apr 16, 2020, 12:04 PM [ in reply to China&WHO lies, NOT “hope”, got us into this situation ]

Can you imagine the reaction of all the left wing kooks who are currently trying to blame all of this on Trump if he had done any or all of these things in January:

-Instituted a worldwide travel ban
-Instituted a national ban on air travel
-Instituted a national shutdown of all "nonessential" businesses, effectively throwing tens of millions of people out of work
-Sent lawmakers home in the middle of impeachment
-Shut down the entire Democrat party nomination process since Super Tuesday (or any of the rest of the primaries) would now not happen
-Effectively nationalized entire industries to produce ventilators, or whatever other supplies we were going to supposedly need, based entirely on his own hunch since most "experts" were still saying we had nothing to worry about through the month of February
-And I can go on and on

Can you imagine the cries of despotism? This would prove everything they ever feared about Trump was true and he was a monster who was just making all of this up to distract from his impeachment trial. They called him a racist, xenophobe even when he did these things on the current timeline. Imagine what they would say if he did it all a month or two earlier when China, the WHO and even Fauci were all saying this was no big deal. Anybody claiming it would have gone any other way had he done this is a lying, moronic, imbecile who should never be taken seriously about anything.

Fowler should do like others in sports and SFTU

Apr 16, 2020, 5:54 PM

about topics they have no expertise in

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: Fowler should do like others in sports and SFTU

Apr 16, 2020, 6:23 PM

What type of expertise is needed to give an opinion that it’s hard to imagine a normal season starting 4 months from now? Normal would not just mean playing games, but packing fans into stadiums all around the country.

Of course nobody knows for sure what will happen, but just because it isn’t what we want to hear right now doesn’t mean that it isn’t true. I’m not sure why it makes you so upset that he simply offered an opinion. It’s not like most of us aren’t thinking it ourselves, even as we’re all hopeful that things work out.

Apr 16, 2020, 7:21 PM

What's "impossible" is LSU making the playoffs again.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic