Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Syracuse offense - Anyone know if they've been
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,871

Syracuse offense - Anyone know if they've been

Oct 18, 2017, 9:55 AM

running that wackadoodle, moseying around in the backfield, then hurry up and snap it stuff all year?

Me personally, I thought it was brilliant. Venebles likes to take his time and analyze before sending in plays, and Syracuse's worked in a manner that completely made BV's calls ineffective and even left us looking at the sidelines sometimes when the ball was snapped.

Their gameplan was truthfully a work of art. Did they put that just for us, or have they been running the wackadoodle all year. I will say, if it's the same offense they've been running all year then I'm disappointed we weren't better prepared.

In any case, I know Dino and Dabo are friends. I seriously think some of that stuff they were running was very nicely designed, and I would have no issues with studying some of it and using it. I thought it was very well-played and intelligent offense.

In truth, they had great plans on both side of the ball. It was almost like they were working on it for weeks.

In any case, hats off to Babers and crew.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Syracuse offense - Anyone know if they've been

Oct 18, 2017, 10:34 AM

That's the cuse offense. Its spread on crack. Run to the line and snap again while the D is offset and shoot down field a bit.

it's a brilliant way to manage a talent gap, because it keeps defenders on their heels the entire time.

the only way for the D to really counter is to have a base defense on the field and just attack with it. Know the tendencies and formations and how the shifts work. Clearly BV and the coaches didn't do enough of this prior to the game. I don't think they make that mistake again.

Thanks for the info.

Oct 18, 2017, 10:47 AM

Would love to see Coach talk about why we looked so woefully prepared.

And yup, it helps against a talent gap, but darn that stuff would work on anyone. Can you imagine the look on Saban's do face when we're beating them with it in the national championship? ;)

In all seriousness, much like HUNH has been copied all over the place, I think Babers deal takes it to a whole new level. No shame in copying it.

they didn't have enough designed qb runs

Oct 18, 2017, 10:49 AM

and threw the ball further than 5 yards past the LOS

We aren't interested

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Troo dat

Oct 18, 2017, 10:55 AM

I'm with you. When Alabama, Wake Forest, and the c0cks are averaging more yards per pass attempt than WRU, then there may be a need to take a closer look at things? Maybe protecting KB a little too much?

By the way...

Oct 18, 2017, 11:04 AM [ in reply to they didn't have enough designed qb runs ]

Your last name VanBergen? I think I may know you if so.

me? no***

Oct 18, 2017, 11:07 AM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

The did a great job of playing against an unmotivated,

Oct 18, 2017, 11:14 AM

undisciplined team who's only goal was to make it to the bye week.

Hope they're enjoying their down time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Syracuse offense - Anyone know if they've been

Oct 18, 2017, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,871
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic