Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sunday sermon: Babylon has fallen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Sunday sermon: Babylon has fallen

Sep 30, 2012, 11:59 AM

From Revelation 18-2: Then the angel cried out, "Fallen, fallen, is Babylon the Great! It is become the abode for Demons and a prison to every impure and detestable spirit."

This morning, we are gathered to celebrate two fallen idols. First, the Sons of Clemson slayed one of the most persistent beasts to haunt our dreams yesterday.

Yesterday, we did not pull an FSU.

We did not fold, despite having half the team sucking fluids from drip bags, having the refs slide pylons in front of Nuk, WD 40 sprayed all over the field and a couple of errant plays that well have greased the skids to oblivion in the past.

Do you NOW believe that this team is different?

In fairness, though, I expected as much. I expect Clemson to come away with a double-digit win. I expect that 800-pound gorilla to be plucked from our backs and properly caged.

Smoke and mirrors are all that remains.

What I didn't expect was the sudden and utter collapse of Babylon and its smirking high priest of gimmickry.

Fallen is Babylon indeed, bested by a small band of insurgents from the hills of Tennessee and the unbending hubris of its lord. And having slayed one beast, the Tigers have an unprecedented opportunity this weekend.

Never ... NEVER ... has Clemson beaten Boston College and GTech in the same year. Let that simmer for a minute. Either GTech or BC has been a brickbat through the window of Clemson's season since we began playing them on a regular basis.

I propose that this year, this team, end that with prejudice. With a brutal, crushing, painful finality that leaves no doubt of two things:

1. The words "Georgia Tech has our number" will be forever obliterated from the lexicon of Clemson and

2. That the words "Pulling a Clemson" will henceforth be remembered as a time in the misty past when the Tigers, for whatever reason, were unable to foster the fortitude to crush those who would stand against us.

Let THIS be our memory of the Jackets...

The time to rewrite history is now. And it must be written with the vile entrails of the Bees.

Offense, you are hereby ordained to absolutely demoralize whatever hope the Jackets have. You are to feel no sense of pain or shame in crushing them. In fact, you are EXPECTED to do so. This pestilence, this abomination of losing to these honeycombed clowns has gone on long enough.

End it. Now.

Defense, you know how long the maidens of Atlanta have laughed at how the wizardry of Tech's High Priest has left you bamboozled. Well, if men you are, this is the day to do something about it.

The Wizard has become a smirking jester, doffing his cap and bells before the Sun Belt Conference. The SUN BELT. By 3 TOUCHDOWNS!

Babylon has fallen, and it is our solemn duty as Sons of Clemson to salt the land. Crush any remaining wall. Leave no two bricks standing.

We have longed for this, ached for this opportunity. We are the bringers of destruction, the architects of the Engineers' doom.

We have waited long enough. Destroy them, Tigers.

Wipe Babylon from the map.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sunday sermon: Babylon has fallen

Sep 30, 2012, 12:05 PM

Amen Rev!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inspired! Into the Valley of Death flew the yellow insects

Sep 30, 2012, 12:07 PM

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Point for another great job Rev!***

Sep 30, 2012, 12:07 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always enjoy your posts Rev, serious question

Sep 30, 2012, 12:10 PM

does it help or hurt CU that GA Tech lost yesterday?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does not matter if Clemson wins and keeps winning. So . .

Sep 30, 2012, 12:11 PM

....????

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It does us no favors...

Sep 30, 2012, 12:37 PM [ in reply to I always enjoy your posts Rev, serious question ]

...GTech with a win over MTSU is a better looking win for us. But GTech in disarray is always a welcome sight.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Babylon won't fall until November 24th***

That will be the Sodom and Gomorrah Sunday sermon.

Sep 30, 2012, 12:27 PM

nm

Re: yep lets be windshields

to the GT bugs

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who would thumb this down? Do you have the courage to

Sep 30, 2012, 12:13 PM

reply?

I guess Walt has a Scok?***

Sep 30, 2012, 12:38 PM

And all the Tiger faithful said

Sep 30, 2012, 12:14 PM

"SPLAT!"

Gooooooooooo TI-gers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

And all God's children said AMEN!!!!!***

Sep 30, 2012, 12:16 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great sermon Rev!

Sep 30, 2012, 12:30 PM

But since I feel that your sermons should go into the TigerNet Hall of Fame, can you edit "honeycomed" to "honeycombed"?

Looking forward to the Thanksgiving sermon because we all know what comes the Saturday after that.

Many thanks for the heads-up!***

Sep 30, 2012, 12:38 PM

Gives me goosebumps******

Sep 30, 2012, 12:30 PM

This is the time to NOT take a knee--landblast them to that

Sep 30, 2012, 7:54 PM

place where they and USuc reign.

If Babylon has indeed fallen,

Sep 30, 2012, 8:11 PM

would it be OK if I still got a hot dog at the Varsity??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only with a redemptive peach pie...***

Sep 30, 2012, 8:15 PM

Amen Brother...

Sep 30, 2012, 8:17 PM

Go TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen, amen, Rev. But get the

Oct 1, 2012, 12:31 AM

snakes out just in case. lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I could point this a thousand times, I would

Oct 1, 2012, 7:34 AM

I despise the Bees with every ounce of my being and nothing would make me happier than the wipe the field with their sorry, mutilated carcasses all day Saturday. I would love for Clemson to be the final nail in the coffin of their season.

So let it be written...so let it be done.***

Oct 1, 2012, 7:40 AM

four coot trolls tded this, proof they have nothing to do

Oct 1, 2012, 9:06 AM

with their time.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic