Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some of you Free TV people...I recently bought an antenna
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Some of you Free TV people...I recently bought an antenna

Feb 25, 2021, 4:13 PM

to put on a small TV in our kitchen just to have something to watch while cooking and cleaning. It's one of those antennas shaped like an "8". We live between Pickens and Dacusville.

I get all of the networks during the day. But at dusk, WLOS 13 (Asheville) disappears...usually by 7pm. Does anyone know if they drop their signal power at that time, or any other reason? It just affects 13 and their subs...13...13.1...and the 40's.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some of you Free TV people...I recently bought an antenna

Feb 25, 2021, 4:17 PM

You're fortunate . I have a square antenna that I paid $50. I get 4 and 4.1

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 25, 2021, 4:21 PM

Crap! I made one today our of two soda cans, a plastic hangar, and a piece of cable that gets me 4, 4.1, 21.1, 21.2, 21.3, 21.4, 21.5, and all of the PBS channels.

Saw how to do it on YouTube.

Wonder if I can get pics from the Mars Rover....?

Message was edited by: The Mole®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YouTube is great, ain't it? I bet I have seen 475 different

Feb 25, 2021, 5:53 PM

kinds of squirrel proof bird feeder videos on there. Only problem is, none of the feeders have seed in them, because the squirrels defeated them. I am telling you, squirrels are brilliantly inventive and tenacious when there is birdseed to be had. :)

Feb 25, 2021, 5:43 PM

There could be a couple of reasons. One is the WLOS has has many repeater stations since they cover a mountainous terrain. The repeater that covers your area may go down at night for some reason. The other is that they may “go directional” at night. AM radio does that. That is why you can get say WWL in New Orleans (870) at night but not during the day. WTOP in DC (1000) also does that. They boost power and change the phasing on their massive broadcast antennae array is how that is accomplished.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic