Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Smoked a chuck roast
General Boards - Cooking / Grilling / Smoking
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Smoked a chuck roast

Nov 23, 2020, 11:37 AM

Did not turn out like I wanted. I need a new thermometer on the dome of the BGE. Was rolling along cooking with it at 220-225 and for some reason just decided to stick a probe thermometer under the dome and turns out it was rolling at 350. slowed it down to finish but damage was done. Cooked too fast so it was dry and tough.

Smoke flavor was on point - great smoke ring, but it was almost like the Turkey from Christmas vacation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get yourself sumpin like this...

Nov 23, 2020, 11:45 AM

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've got a grill eye pro+ but the probes are

Nov 23, 2020, 11:46 AM

screwed up. Need to order a couple more of them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't need a new dome thermometer.

Nov 23, 2020, 11:47 AM

You just need to ignore the one you have, because it doesn't matter if it's accurate or not, you're not cooking anything at the tip top of the grill anyway. A decent dual probe setup will give you what you need.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It worked perfectly up until now!

Nov 23, 2020, 12:15 PM

Seriously, when my grilleye pro was working, the temp up top was never 125 degrees off of the one at the grate. Still, you are correct that the best course of action would be to buy the parts and use the grilleye.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
General Boards - Cooking / Grilling / Smoking
add New Topic
Topics: Previous | Next