Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Short yardage idea
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,468

Short yardage idea

Oct 11, 2014, 11:00 PM

Ok I for one don't believe the " well we don't run under center" crap, it's not that hard to snap under center, what's the worse that could happen a fumbled snap? Ok so in the shotgun you aren't afraid of snapping it 20ft over the qbs head, which has cost us a huge game....if you wanna be hard headed why not run the wildcat or something with choice? He was a qb in high school and u get an extra blocker with a big back that knows how to run downhill? It's not rocket science

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Short yardage idea

Oct 11, 2014, 11:04 PM

One Clemson: You are simply too smart. The regulars on this board won't like your idea but I like it as to what we did against FSU and tonite. Pitiful and the man is making over $1mil a year! Really now!

Oct 11, 2014, 11:07 PM

Haha yea I mean it just makes perfect sense to run that if ur gonna be that stubborn, the wildcat is not something you are gonna win a game with, unless you are playing scar but it could be the answer to not being able to gain 6 in if you insist on running out of the shotgun bc god forbid we take a snap under center

Continued pitiful, anemic play calls in red zone

Oct 12, 2014, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Short yardage idea ]

I just shake and hang my head with these calls..... it looked like our OL outweighed the Louisville DL by 50 pounds per man but we could not move or control them....not good.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Continued pitiful, anemic play calls in red zone

Oct 12, 2014, 12:14 AM

The OL controlled Louisville's DL on our 1 yd line when we needed the effort. The hardest distance to control is the 6"-8" between a players ears. The coach that learns how to master that effort the majority of the time is the National Champion. That said, I am still totally put out that our coaching staff does not rely on the OL for the same effort when we are on the 1 yd line attempting to score or need the length of a chain link to get a 1st down and let the QB go under Center for the 1st down attempt.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2014, 11:04 PM

I think many have wondered that. I do suspect we'll see it at some point. not sure why we havent already but the way short yardage is going I think we're bound to try some other things

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2014, 11:11 PM

Last play of the game was run from under center and we got 2+ yards. My! My! It worked.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally

Oct 11, 2014, 11:12 PM

I believe we should use a short pistol, maybe 1/2 to 1 yard behind the center, with the biggest, most physical backs we have right behind the quarterback, making a triangle. Go double tight end and pull one to one of the sides and go full motion that direction with the option to give it to the secondary back to pull to the opposite direction if the defense over commits.

Under center, shotgun, it doesn't matter.

Oct 11, 2014, 11:17 PM

You gotta get 6 from the one-foot line with 4 chances, some how some way. No excuses

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Oct 11, 2014, 11:55 PM

Well, it is stupid to have 4 inches to get a 4th down not to take the snap under center with a 6'-4" QB - of course it was equally stupid to go on fourth down. It is equally stupid to have 1st or 2nd and goal from the 1 foot line to go back to a running back and hand off to the running back like it is a draw play.

We already lost to FSU with this stupid stubborness and could have easily lost today because of this.

As good as the game was last week that Morris called, this game Morris called a horrible game. Dabo and Morris have to play the situations smarter than this.

Totally agree

Oct 11, 2014, 11:59 PM

Can the jet sweep inside the 20, put the QB under center with 2 fullbacks behind him that can push! Like the man says, it's not rocket science.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wildcat with 3 & inches!***

Oct 12, 2014, 12:20 AM

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,468
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic