Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Same ole same ole
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Same ole same ole

Jan 16, 2021, 8:39 PM

Win some games early in the season and then crash....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Way to support the team when they are down.***

Jan 16, 2021, 8:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Way to support the team when they are down.***

Jan 16, 2021, 8:42 PM

There is a long history o support that post.......

What do previous teams, including other coaches and players

Jan 16, 2021, 8:44 PM

have to do with THIS team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

They were all led by an incompetent coach***

Jan 16, 2021, 8:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Football board is that way —>***

Jan 16, 2021, 8:48 PM

Re: Football board is that way —>***

Jan 16, 2021, 9:00 PM

Brownell’s ##### is ?? Way

Out of all the replies you've made regarding basketball

Jan 16, 2021, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Football board is that way —>*** ]

I'm honored that you were so stumped at my post that you couldn't come up with a valid argument to mine. I will wear the badge of victory from this with pride for the rest of my days.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.***

Jan 16, 2021, 11:06 PM

Re: Football board is that way —>***

Jan 17, 2021, 1:04 AM [ in reply to Football board is that way —>*** ]

Are you Brownell? Only his account could support such a terrible coach year in, year out despite complete lack of results.

Since when is being our winningest basketball coach a lack of results?

Jan 17, 2021, 2:53 PM

Since when is being the only coach to beat UNC in Chapel Hill a lack of results?

Since when is having the best ACC winning percentage in program history a lack of results?

Since when is having one of our best seasons in program history a lack of results?

Look, if you want to see some things improve with our basketball program, fine. If you want to see us win more, fine. But don’t post crap like you just did. Lack of results?!? Come on.

Get a clue.

Re: What do previous teams, including other coaches and players

Jan 17, 2021, 8:46 AM [ in reply to What do previous teams, including other coaches and players ]

coaching not players! players do change but coaches have not. Last night loss on Brownell. Waited to late to call timeout. It looked like they expected to lose!

Re: Way to support the team when they are down.***

Jan 16, 2021, 10:36 PM [ in reply to Way to support the team when they are down.*** ]

You have to be related to Brownell. No one could blindly support such an average coach with such fever without reason. He is average. Get over it.

Why does it bother you so much that I am not bailing on a coach

Jan 16, 2021, 11:10 PM

that currently has us #12 in the polls, and who is the winningest basketball coach in school history?

We didn’t play well tonight. In fact, we played an awful game. This is on the coaches. It was embarrassing. No excuses from me.

But I’m not bailing on the team just because of this, in the same way we shouldn’t bail on any Clemson team after a bad performance.

What’s amazing to me are all of the “fans” coming out of the woodwork tonight preaching doom and gloom. It’s laughable.

Re: Why does it bother you so much that I am not bailing on a coach

Jan 17, 2021, 1:23 AM

So, first, I could not care less about basketball. But I am a Clemson alum and want the teams to succeed, so follow it loosely.

They're bothered because your blind support for Brownell isn't supported by history. There is no reason Clemson should be a punching bag in basketball. Clemson hasn't won an ACC title (regular season or tournament) in 31 years. Its average ACC placement under Brownell is 8th with a conference record of 85-92. Purnell had steadily improved team play each season. Clemson immediately got worse with Brownell. He's had 11 years at this point, and the team should move on.

Also, you can't exactly use the #12 ranking to justify your support when that ranking will fall this week after that debacle. The simple fact is, you're a Brownell fanboy, and you lash out at anyone who points out the simple fact that Clemson basketball plummeted in quality when Brownell took over. I don't know if you're related to him or what (others have accused you of that and you haven't denied it), but we have objective metrics showing that he's not good enough as a coach and we should move on.

Since you couldn’t care less about basketball, why are you here?

Jan 17, 2021, 3:02 PM

My support for Brownell is based on history. Yours and others’ lack of support isn’t. It’s based on your own ridiculous belief that Clemson should be good in basketball just because you want us to be, despite 100-plus years of mostly embarrassing results.

No, I’m not related to Brownell. I’ve stated that previously. You don’t seem to post much, so you obviously missed it.

We all want to see more success from our basketball program. If you think another coach is a better solution, that’s your right. I don’t care. But please stop criticizing me or anyone else for supporting our program and believing in our coaching staff. It’s a really bad look to come out of the woodwork after a bad loss and talk crap like you are.

Re: Why does it bother you so much that I am not bailing on a coach

Jan 17, 2021, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Why does it bother you so much that I am not bailing on a coach ]

we be out of the ranking again!

Re: Same ole same ole

Jan 16, 2021, 9:20 PM

The problem is when people post honest assessments of our teams, they are trashed. I would love to see Clemson teams win every game in every sport but guess what, that will ever happen. Granted, UVA made shot after shot but there is not a single player on our roster that would start for Virginia. Facts are facts and stats are stats.

Jan 16, 2021, 10:20 PM

Then do yourself a favor and leave the TV off when we make a run to the sweet 16. I had a bad feeling about playing UVA after 2 postponements just when this team was hitting its stride.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Jan 16, 2021, 10:31 PM

This game was like playing the Ocean Course when you really just needed to hit the range. Next game will be the true test. Go Tigers!

Jan 16, 2021, 10:49 PM

One loss and the whiners arrive. This team will bounce back from this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd ignore the OP..

Jan 17, 2021, 2:46 PM

All she does is b**ch when Clemson loses.. She never shows up when we win...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The best golf advice I ever received

Jan 16, 2021, 11:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Same ole same ole ]

was to take a lot of balls when playing the Ocean Course.

Re: The best golf advice I ever received

Jan 17, 2021, 12:07 AM

On that course you have to hit every driver shot just right. If not you are looking at double bogey.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Nobody and I mean nobody beats UVA tonight

Jan 17, 2021, 12:47 AM

Nm

Jan 17, 2021, 1:42 AM

That same ole same ole is actually kind of old. We haven't started like gang busters in recent years from what I remember. It was a bad game. It started off bad and the team never was able to get a footing. It happens.

This team is different and should close out well. I understand the sentiment to an extent because I have never been a big Coach Brownell fan, but he has put together a good team this year. There is also a core of good young players to make me think that the success will be continued for at least a year or two.

We'll see. Maybe you will be right and the team will tank from here on out, but I wouldn't crow too much. You may end up spitting out feathers.

So...

Jan 17, 2021, 11:05 AM

one poor outing against a really good team after only being able to practice twice in the last ten days because of COVID is crashing?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic