Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rub-Rock and another Vol site says TE...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Rub-Rock and another Vol site says TE...

Jan 26, 2021, 8:34 PM

Has reached out to several assistant coaches. Sounds like not sure if he is testing interests, or if he is trying to present a game plan to Tenn. Either way, there must be solid interests from both parties.

It was also mentioned on SportsTalk today that TE had already been approached by Danny White while at UCF to replace Frost a couple yrs ago. If Danny was impressed by TE then, you could see why he would still be at the top of the list for coaching position.

Not sure if this is just a Mock run for TE or not but sounds like he is testing the waters some.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rub-Rock and another Vol site says TE...

Jan 26, 2021, 8:38 PM

:(

Jan 26, 2021, 8:41 PM

SB nation reporting Josh Huepel is emerging as a leading candidate. Makes sense. New AD was his boss at UCF.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:43 PM

Someone will always take the Vols $$$$$.

However, Knoxville, over the past 20 years, is a graveyard for coaches, just like Cooterville.

Hope TE take's that into consideration.

Be prepared for the annual Bama whippin' every year!!! And the buttttttt licken' from the flea bags from Athens.

Charlie Whitehurst Win over #6 TN in 2004 Peach Bowl

Jan 26, 2021, 10:11 PM

It was Whitehust's soph season and Lee Greenwood sang the natl anthem. I was there with my Clemson buds. The budweisers were ice cold and the living was easy.

Satisfying 27-14 win, and lots of grumbling from TN fans after the game about Clemson being a second tier program and Fulmer needing to go.

The Noodle, Kevin Youngblood and Airese Currie were on that team. Lots of weapons.

January 2, 2004 4:30 p.m. vs. No. 6 Tennessee*
Georgia Dome Atlanta, GA (Peach Bowl)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charlie Whitehurst Win over #6 TN in 2004 Peach Bowl

Jan 26, 2021, 11:30 PM

I was at that game. Absolute blast. Little chick fil a blimps dropping chicken sandwiches down into the crowd. The UT fans couldn’t get over the idea little ol Clemson ran it down their throats all night. Chad Jasmin went full beast mode iirc.

Re: Charlie Whitehurst Win over #6 TN in 2004 Peach Bowl

Jan 27, 2021, 5:52 AM [ in reply to Charlie Whitehurst Win over #6 TN in 2004 Peach Bowl ]

Don't forget that Dwayne Coleman smacked a Tenn. player upside the head prior to the coin toss . My cousin was on that team. He said Dwayne was a nice guy bit a beast on the field .

Jan 26, 2021, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Rub-Rock and another Vol site says TE... ]

The irony of your graveyard comment given a forensic body farm is just a few blocks from the stadium struck me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 8:54 PM

The Vols have 5 winning seasons in the past 13 years.

Close to the coots!

Jan 26, 2021, 9:50 PM

I’m pulling for the Vol’s to win one particular game every year.

Jan 26, 2021, 8:55 PM

Went to McDonald’s today and ordered the “Big Mac” was extremely disappointed to find out it was only a crappy burger.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2021, 9:42 PM

No money in the bag? I had already tried that and it didn't work for me either. I tried to go covert, thinking outside the box and ordered the McRib in case that was the secret password, it wasn't!

Jan 26, 2021, 10:35 PM

Would food and money in the same bag be a health code violation? Even in Tenn?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS didn't age well......

Jan 26, 2021, 10:33 PM

It's Danny White's buddy Josh Heupel.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: THIS didn't age well......

Jan 26, 2021, 11:07 PM

You see it actually announced? I haven't seen it but many thought he was high on the list. Wouldn't surprise me if it Huepel, hope it is! I don't want to lose Elliott, just wish we had a little more window dressing on our plays. Especially when they start packing the box, so that our Offense isn't quite aa predictable. TE often phrases that teams were stacking the line to stop rush, well window dressing (Motion) can remove some predictability if ran smoothly, and give an edge. Chad had too much motion and TE doesn't have enough.

Well, I wish TE luck no matter where he is and he will always be a Tiger, just like J Scott will always be family. I miss JS being part of Clemson.

Re: THIS didn't age well......

Jan 26, 2021, 11:20 PM [ in reply to THIS didn't age well...... ]

Maybe TE was asking for a friend? Ha!

I wonder if he would consider UCF as a stepping stone. UCF has or did have before Covid, the largest attendance of any college in the nation. They had over 70k students so money, attendance, and sport support shouldn't be a problem as long as they hire a quality AD. Read an article little over yr ago that said UCF could and should be the best athletic school in Florida with the right AD. The author said they would jump at chance to join a P5 conference.

That made me think that schools like Rutger, Wake, Vandy and few others should never be a P5 school in football. Still believe so

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic