Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Reschedule the FSU game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Reschedule the FSU game?

Nov 22, 2020, 12:42 PM

Here is my opinion, for the little to nothing it is worth.

1. Rescheduling the game should be Clemson's option.
2. If Clemson wants to play the game it should be played at Clemson.
3. If ACC says the game must be played in Tallahassee, then the ACC should foot the bill for travel expenses(250-300K)

As fans, we will never know all of the behind the scenes discussions and disagreements and arguments about who ultimately made the decision to cancel the game. Most Clemson fans, understandably, think it was made by Norvell and the Athletic Department. I think it was made by the President who listened to the "worst case scenario" presented by whoever FSU uses for COVID testing and data. But, we will never know. All we can do is speculate and look at the situation from our ___________ colored glasses.

At any rate, Ohio State showed that they are less than an elite team yesterday. Pressure Fields, attack their defense and they look far less than awesome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Reschedule the FSU game?

Nov 22, 2020, 12:44 PM

Very sensible post Bret.
I doubt the game gets played honestly. The week before what will likely end up being a play in game for the playoff for us. Hard to say... but just another notch on 2020s belt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 12:51 PM

Bret, you are such a gentleman. You have a great sense of the game, and your perspective is always honest and fair-minded. I know you are a Seminole through and through, but there's a little orange in your blood, too!

Nov 22, 2020, 2:04 PM

Be careful about that "orange blood" comment. Just remember if there is any orange blood in me it is tinted with a hue of purple, not blue. (Florida :??)

Fair enough

Nov 22, 2020, 1:01 PM

I wish the game was played or could be played this season. However, I don't see that much to gain by playing this game the week before potentially playing in the ACC title game (Clemson still needs to take care of business before this happens).

If this game does go forward and played at Clemson, I feel Clemson should still retain home field for next season.

Lastly, I feel that if the real reason was the risk of one player possibly infecting other players, then I wonder why Florida State proceeded with its game with Norvell was diagnosed with the virus. Was there not a chance that he might have infected some of his players and staff? Just wondering.

Re: Fair enough

Nov 22, 2020, 1:10 PM

I agree. Bret's comments are so much above any other rival (especially coot fans) and is an enjoyable read.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 1:18 PM

Glad you didn't run away and hide after yesterday. You seem to be a very ok guy and was hoping you would come back to the board. Hate that it played out the way it did.

Good God Almighty. How many times does it have to be

Nov 22, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Fair enough ]

repeated. FSU did not proceed with it's game after Norvell tested positive. How did this BS spin so far out of control? Again:

Norvell tested positive on Friday, Sept 18. He went into quarantine for 10 days then. FSU had an open date the next day, Saturday Sept 19. They played Miami the next Saturday, Sept 26, and Norvell was still in quaurantine. He did not rejoin the team until the following Tuesday, Sept 29.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 22, 2020, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Fair enough ]

Norvell tested positive on a Friday before an off date. He quarantined immediately after being notified of the result. There was an 8 day lapse between his positive test and the Miami game. He did not attend the Miami game.

But, just to make it very clear, his positive result was not the day before the Miami game. It was 8 days before the Miami game. Totally different situation than the Clemson positive test.

Exactly - see my post above.***

Nov 22, 2020, 2:27 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Nov 22, 2020, 1:25 PM

Like I posted in another thread if it happened to ND Swoff would bend over backwards to refund their expenses.

Nov 22, 2020, 1:48 PM

Well said. In my view, I can't think of a single thing Clemson would have to gain playing the game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 22, 2020, 1:53 PM

You were the better man yesterday here.

At the end of the day, it happened. It sucked not getting to watch them play and it sucks for the players how it happened. Life will go on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 2:13 PM

Nah, fans are just very passionate about their team. Everybody wants to jump to the conclusion that puts their team in the best light. (You should see what some FSU fans are saying about Clemson and Dabo. No, I take that back. You shouldn't see it.)

COVID quickly became a "political disease" more than a "medical disease." We are now in a place where seemingly every decision made is a political decision more than a medical decision. The decision to postpone the game yesterday was 95% based on politics and 5% based on medical data. (That's my opinion.)

Agree 100%***

Nov 22, 2020, 2:05 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Nov 22, 2020, 2:53 PM

I’m confused as to why people keep saying if the game gets rescheduled. It already has been rescheduled for December 12 has it not? Would Clemson actually have the right to refuse?

Nov 22, 2020, 3:34 PM

Some sites have the game listed as cancelled.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Reschedule the FSU game? ]

This article says there will be a meeting this week to discuss the possibility of rescheduling.

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/acc/clemson-university/article247340924.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Nov 22, 2020, 4:04 PM

Like many others I’m sure, I see the chances of this being played as nil.

Can’t help but see that this provided FSU with the out they desperately were seeking to avoid this game. Their team is already capitulating. Can you imagine how many more will be gone for a game in December? FSU has nothing to gain by playing this game, It will just generate further national embarrassment. And no one is able to criticize a team for postponing/cancelling because of stated Covid reasons. It is the ultimate hall pass to dodge a humiliating loss.

Dabo knows that this about a lot more than just wanting his guys to be able to play. When you are in the hunt, it really impacts your status with the voters. There is at least some trend showing that “out of sight, is out of mind”. Look at the Heisman race. TL is being precluded from a good number of the top five lists that the media puts out.

You are much too wise to be an FSU fan?

Nov 22, 2020, 4:11 PM

;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic