Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruiting numbers with transfer rate?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Recruiting numbers with transfer rate?

Mar 2, 2021, 6:52 AM

Will Clemson start to over sign like 22 to the 25 starting this round with the recent trend of players leaving after the final signing period and before the summer? I’d like to see roster full of as many schollys as allowed. Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruiting numbers with transfer rate?

Mar 2, 2021, 7:04 AM

We had nine seniors on the team last year and signed 19 so what the heck are you talking about
?

Mar 2, 2021, 7:05 AM

I think he like to replace those in house too. Some Hunter kid comes to mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 9:07 AM

I think what he is saying is after the 3-4 transfers we recently had we are down to 81 scholarships, so oversign to 86 or 87 figuring that some will transfer out. Hard part is knowing which position to oversign.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 9:17 AM

In the last 20 years Dabo is the only coach who elevated a program from average + to elite status and kept them in the elite category for more than one QB cycle. The only one able to achieve this status yet guys want Dabo to change how he does things to be like everyone else. So in essence the OP wants Dabo to be like other coaches whose success have paled in comparison to Dabo’s record. The logic seems backward...

Mar 2, 2021, 9:24 AM

Dabo system has worked in the past and we have seen multiple qbs transfer together. We have been blessed or lucky to have landed generational talent. My thought is that while the brand is hot keep reaching for talent. Other programs are picking up momentum and let’s stay ahead

Mar 2, 2021, 10:19 AM

Dabo system has worked in the past and we have seen multiple qbs transfer together. We have been blessed or lucky to have landed generational talent. My thought is that while the brand is hot keep reaching for talent. Other programs are picking up momentum and let’s stay ahead

So if I understand you correctly you believe Dabo should move away from the process which brought us unparalleled success to be like others who have not been as successful? Its easy to propose this change or that change believing it will help Clemson. What we have seen in the past with other programs is they slowly move away from the things which made them successful until they discover they have fallen back to the mean with everyone else. So Dabo has to evaluate what we do to keep the secret sauce AND stay current.

Its not easy thing to master which is why no one else has been able to do it outside a couple of blue bloods who have every advantage (Bama & Ohio).

Mar 2, 2021, 1:02 PM

I'd hate to tell a parent like Big Dave that we no longer have a scholarship for his son... due to over signing.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic