Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
RB Depth
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,447

RB Depth

Nov 8, 2020, 9:51 AM

A big concern I have coming out of this game is RB depth. Did LJD play? I saw Mellusi was in a few snaps. According to the depth chart, he is 3B. Not sure it really matters. There is ETN followed by a huge drop off whoever.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: RB Depth

Nov 8, 2020, 9:53 AM

I wanted to see Pace and if he ever came in I missed it. He has impressed each time he’s gotten a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree. Pace is more of a James Davis back.***

Nov 8, 2020, 9:56 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The issue isn't depth of RBs, it's running blocking by OL

Nov 8, 2020, 10:09 AM

If ETN couldn't find room to run inside, few other backs are going to find room to run inside. it was clear that ND sold out to the run but we need to do better at letting the backs run off the edge with better misdirection and counters... the running playcalls left a lot to be desired and netted nothing...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but RB depth matters....

Nov 8, 2020, 10:35 AM

Even if it’s to give ETN an occasional rest.
The concern is that for years now we have trotted multiple backs out there and kept the ‘1’ guy fresh, even in big games.
And I would say that a change of pace on occasion at least gives the D something to think about.
On Mellusi’s 1 carry, he did gain 5 yards....prior to the miscommunication play.
Where is LJD?...I think that’s a legit question.

Nov 8, 2020, 10:09 AM

Mellusi is a good back and had a good run. Then went the wrong way on a play later near the goal and he got pulled. As he should have. Run blocking has not been great but it seems to get worse each week. Then one of the better OL got hurt last night. So it looks like we are in for more of the same

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 8, 2020, 10:28 AM

I think D.J. may have been wrong on that one. The way the offensive line came off the ball it looked like it was a zone to the right, the same direction mellusi was heading.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,447
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic