Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question: Who would you take first, Mayfield or Jackson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

Question: Who would you take first, Mayfield or Jackson?

Apr 23, 2018, 4:13 PM

And would you take either over Darnold, Allen, Rosen or Rudolph? I could not stand Mayfield but I think he's a better all-around player than all of them. Jackson's throwing worries me at the next level. Darnold is too erratic and Rosen never impressed me. Haven't seen enough of Allen or Rudolph to merit an opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd go with

Apr 23, 2018, 4:14 PM

LJ...he can extend plays. And to my knowledge, unlike Baker, he's never had a concussion. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question: Who would you take first, Mayfield or Jackson?

Apr 23, 2018, 4:26 PM

I would take the only QB out of the 2 and that's Baker Mayfield. Overall I would probably go with Allen he's just NFL ready with an absolute cannon of an arm and his size is NFL prototype.

NFL ready? GTFOOH...He played at Wyoming***

Apr 23, 2018, 6:35 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL ready? GTFOOH...He played at Wyoming***

Apr 23, 2018, 6:46 PM

Not that I think Allen will be good but Big Ben won rookie of the year in the NFL coming from Miami Ohio. So what does that have to do with being NFL ready?

Wyoming makes Miami of Ohio look like Miami of Florida and

Apr 23, 2018, 6:52 PM

Josh isn't a pimple on Ben's ###...Any other questions?

Re: Wyoming makes Miami of Ohio look like Miami of Florida and

Apr 23, 2018, 6:58 PM

I agree Ben is much better and was in college but Miami of Ohio is not a much better school than Wyoming.

Of course it is...It's in Ohio, where football is a religion

Apr 23, 2018, 7:15 PM

and they play in the MAC, a conference that has produced at least a half dozen NFL QBs(top of my head) since the turn of the Century

Re: Of course it is...It's in Ohio, where football is a religion

Apr 24, 2018, 8:34 AM

The MAC and MWC conference have about the same number of nfl players. Miami may be slightly better historically but not much and they are certainly not better lately. I would understand if you were saying the MWC wasn't that good compared to a power 5 conference.

The level of play is higher in the MAC***

Apr 24, 2018, 12:12 PM

Re: The level of play is higher in the MAC***

Apr 24, 2018, 12:41 PM

San Diego State
Colorado State
Nevada
Boise State
Fresno State
Wyoming

Apr 24, 2018, 12:27 AM [ in reply to NFL ready? GTFOOH...He played at Wyoming*** ]

Khalil Mack played at buffalo? Your point is invalid plenty of top tier NFL players come from small schools. He’s 6 5 237 lbs and if you watch his mechanics and his pro day you see he has the chance to be a stud but I don’t believe you’ll understand

Apparently, MY point went over your head***

Apr 24, 2018, 12:49 AM

Apr 24, 2018, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL ready? GTFOOH...He played at Wyoming*** ]

There is a pretty dang good QB in the NFL that played in D2. Sometimes where you play college does not make or break you in the NFL. Some people don't understand that. Heck Antonio Gates didn't even play college football. I do think QB is different but a D3 QB could make it in the NFL if he grows during college and was overlooked out of HS.

Not saying that QBs can't come from small schools, but to

Apr 24, 2018, 12:11 PM

say he will arrive NFL ready after playing at Wyoming against that level of comp is a stretch at best

Apr 23, 2018, 4:32 PM

Yes, yes I would.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither.***

Apr 23, 2018, 4:33 PM

Apr 23, 2018, 4:35 PM

Jackson could outrun campus police.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2018, 4:35 PM

I would take Rudolph or Rosen over any of them. They have the best arms and I have seen both have amazing passing games. I would take Jackson over Mayfield just because he probably be a threat at WR if he does not turn out to be a good qb.

I think Mayfield is more ready than Jackson...

Apr 23, 2018, 4:39 PM

but I think Jackson will be good in a few years. On Colin Cowherd today he was saying that the Pats are interested in Jackson in the 1st round. I would take Darnold first. I would go Darnold and then Rosen.

Apr 23, 2018, 4:41 PM

Maybe not answering the question straight forward...but, the NFL is evolving TOWARD the college game simply because the college game has spread out. 10 years ago, DW would probably not have been drafted until the 5 round...He did not "fit the mold"...Now, the NFL is considering abolishing the kickoff because of the collision factor (concussion).. Call me a Prophet, if the geniuses at the Pro level do not expand the field to the CFL size..at least in width..open it up, the game becomes more long pass. Plus, by opening the field up, there is less chance of the "headhunter" mentality. The LB cannot do the HIT and figure a buddy will help him. He must TACKLE. And i think the game would be very entertaining...enough of an off-topic rant...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Depends on my team's needs

Apr 23, 2018, 4:42 PM

If starting from scratch, Darnold says the right things. Some say he has less than ideal hand size so dont know if that causes the fumbles but Ill give him benefit of the doubt. So Darnold if I'm building a team around him.

If I could guarantee him not getting concussed, Rosen by far would be my selection.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2018, 4:53 PM

In my opinion, Rosen and Mayfield are the best of the bunch. The only reason everybody's so high on Allen is because he's mister "look the part."

Depends on my team situation...

Apr 23, 2018, 6:20 PM

If I am Cleveland or the Jets and I need a big splash, Darnold or Jackson. If I am NY Giants or Denver and I need a backup to learn the game a year or two, I take Rosen or Rudolph(actually I take Rudolph before Rosen who likes to throw high jump balls late and that will get receivers killed in the NFL). Sorry, it may be unfair but I do not take Mayfield first round until very late. I see too much Johnny Manzel there. To me, he is a second rounder to reduce the risk.

Oh I forgot Allen..

Apr 23, 2018, 6:23 PM

To me, he is an all or nothing risk. He could fit in either category.

My QB board

Apr 23, 2018, 6:51 PM

Baker Mayfield
Josh Rosen
---------
Sam Darnold
---------
Lamar Jackson
---------
Mason Rudolph
Josh Allen

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2018, 6:54 PM

As a WKRP fan, that would be like asking if i would prefer Jennifer or Bailey...and my answer would be YES..

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the safer pick is Mayfield

Apr 23, 2018, 7:03 PM

But honestly it depends on the team and if they will be forced on the field early.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would have done whatever it took to get Watson last year..***

Apr 23, 2018, 7:03 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2018, 7:18 PM

That’s like asking would you rather have VD or herpes.

If we are talking NFL i would take Mayfield and i don't

Apr 23, 2018, 7:37 PM

think it's even close. It's a lot closer in college, but i would still take Mayfield over Jackson.

I'm not sure about Mayfield vs all of those other guys. I think Mayfield has the highest floor. IMO he's the safest pick out of all of QB prospects this year, but I'm not sure he can be good enough to be a real elite guy either. Allen supposedly has the highest upside, but he's so raw that's a really scary pick.

I think Rosen might be the best pick assuming his odd personality doesn't hold him back.

Apr 23, 2018, 8:02 PM

Jackson got about an 8 on his wunderlich test, I think. Pretty tough to be stupid and an NFL QB

Stupid...and be an NFL QB?

Apr 23, 2018, 10:52 PM

Wasn't that what Terry Bradshaw had to endure? Seemed to work out pretty well...post-NFL, too!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terry Bradshaw played in a very, very different era

Apr 24, 2018, 11:07 AM

And he had a legendary defense backing him. His stats are pretty darn mediocre. 52% career completion percentage, 212 TDs vs 210 INTS, 5.8 adjusted YPA, and he got sacked a lot. That's really not great.

Who would you take, Mayfield or Jackson?

Apr 23, 2018, 11:54 PM

Really don't matter. It's Cleveland and only when they have a decent offensive line will the QB matter. Whoever's back there is gonna get anniliated until they can protect him.

Even Johnny Football couldn't complete passes on his back..

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic