Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Please let somebody work a trade with JAX for TL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Please let somebody work a trade with JAX for TL

Jan 15, 2021, 9:34 PM

Urban Meyer is going to be a disaster in the pros - and a disaster for TL !

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’ll be great for TL.***

Jan 16, 2021, 12:35 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: He’ll be great for TL.***

Jan 16, 2021, 5:43 PM

TL could pull John Elway and refuse to sign with the Jets. I would make it clear no way to get a deal done. Even though Elway had to sit out a year it worked out really well for him.

IMO TL is such a special talent any team that truly wants to win should do what ever they can to get him. It would be tragic and IMO hurt the NFL product to waste a talent like TL and a great RB like ETN. It’s a slim hope but I would like to see TL and ETN on same NFL team.

Best of luck to all Clemson players up for the NFL draft. May God Bless you all. The Clemson Family will be praying for all of you. Thanks for the great memories. But even more, thank you for the way you have represented The Clemson Tigers, the fans and the community. I am so proud to be but a small part of such a larger Family. Definitely the best in all of sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Please let somebody work a trade with JAX for TL

Jan 16, 2021, 1:22 AM

I don't like Urbs either, but he apparently has respect for Trevor. And...do you really want him to go to the Jets?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

If somebody works a trade

Jan 16, 2021, 3:36 AM

They could give to get the first pick.

I could see New England doing this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If somebody works a trade

Jan 16, 2021, 4:07 AM

As much as I like Trevor, I'd rather see him anywhere but New England.
I am so dang sick and tired of Bill Belicheat, and the NFL @$$ kissing of Tom Brady(Yes I know he is no longer in N.E. but he's still Tom Brady).

I'm not partial to any NFL teams, only our former players

Jan 16, 2021, 4:37 AM

and I much rather see him in NE, than the Texans, Jets, Jacksonville, or a handful of other places.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not partial to any NFL teams, only our former players

Jan 16, 2021, 5:15 AM

So you say you are not partial to any NFL team, but who do you pull for in a game where Trevor goes up against DeShaun, or if he should end up in New York where he would face "your" Patriots twice a year.
Better yet, if you are partial to only our former players, tell me your least favorite team ,and would you pull for Trevor if he was drafted by that team.
Oh and I will answer it for you. I would hope Trevor, where ever he went would do well except when he faces my favorite NFL team because once a player leaves Clemson, he is no longer a Tiger ,but a "former" Tiger and I don't ever pull for Washington, the team with out a name, the New York Giants( except when they face the Patriots) or the Philadelphia Eagles, which should give you some clue to which is my favorite team and would love to see Trevor to end up with , but that is about as likely as a snowball surviving in ####.

Re: I'm not partial to any NFL teams, only our former players

Jan 16, 2021, 5:08 PM

I would just hope both did well. I wouldn't care if either team won in that situation. I like Deshaun and Trevor equally.

I'm not a fan of NE, and I've never had a favorite team expect for the Chicago Bears for 2 years when I saw Walter Payton (now I couldn't care less about the Bears).

Then, when I was 13-15, I like the Raiders for some reason for about 1-2 years. No idea why, but it was the only time in my life i've owned a NFL team's shirt or hat.

I like the idea of being a Raiders fan, now, b/c we have 4 players on the team (and I think Gruden is awesome) but I still didn't watch more than 1 qtr of their games all year.....combined. I think if Deshaun or Trevor ended up there, along with another player or two from Clemson then maybe I would by a shirt or hat again.

However, b/n players being traded, asking to be traded and very short careers makes it hard to get behind any team. I like the players more than the team.

With that said, I don't have to be a fan of any team to recognize NE is a better situation than the Texans, currently. I want to see our players do well in the NFL, but I can recognize some teams are simply better suited for players than others.

Seriously, I have no emotion over NFL games I don't hate any teams (well, maybe the Cowboys, but that's b/c I think Jerry Jones is the biggest egotistical, self absorbed moran in sports) don't have any favorites either.

I simply don't have any emotion or passion for a Pro teams. After Clemson Football, the tank is empty.

Jan 16, 2021, 10:03 AM [ in reply to Re: Please let somebody work a trade with JAX for TL ]

If Trevor were to go to the Jets he might just hit the jackpot. They have nine selections in the first six rounds. If JAX were to pick Fields that would mean the Jets could build a team around Trevor in this draft. They have a new GM and will have a new coach. In addition to that he would make tons of money doing advertising in the NY market.

nine selections
And the five selections in the first three rounds form the top of a Jets 2021 draft bounty that at the moment sits at nine selections, all in the first six rounds. The exact draft order for the Jets and the league will be announced in February

Jan 16, 2021, 10:11 AM

And if he goes to the Jets, like you imply that they will build
a team around him, that may be true but at least 60% of his check
would go for taxes. They are based in Jersey and their name starts
with New York. Both States have high taxes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2021, 4:08 AM

Trevor will be just fine. Urban "development" Meyer will probably take Justin.

Jan 16, 2021, 6:00 PM

If he thought college football was bad on his health. Being a HC in the NFL for Urban Meyer is like eating 3 or 4 double cheeseburgers a day with grilled onions. Then washing it down with a banana milk shake followed by a cold one to unwind after an 18 hour day.

I say he is out of the NFL within 3 years because of health issues. Health issues that could end up killing him. If he retires again I think this time it will be permanent. When it comes to wins and loses I think Jax would give him 5 years to build a winning team.

It’s almost like Urban has a death wish to die on the sidelines coaching football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic