Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Playoffs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,720

Playoffs

Nov 4, 2018, 2:47 AM

I really hope it shakes out

1) bama
2) clemson
3) nd
4) Michigan

I hate to say it, but Michigan's defense is legit and i believe Don brown was at pitt when they beat us. I think they can challenge the bama offense in more ways that lsu could. (sorry uga and uf offenses aren't totally challenging lsu). I don't think Michigan can generate enough offense to win, but that defense will put a bruising on bama.

So i think we still really want ND third so we can crush them. Then play a tired bama for the natty.

15-0

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Playoffs

Nov 4, 2018, 5:30 AM

Did you forget that Notre Dame won't have to play that"extra" game that Bama, Michigan, and Clemson will?

Nov 4, 2018, 5:33 AM

So what about that extra game. We will have 4 weeks to rest and practice. I dont think playing that extra game will affect us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Playoffs ]

In fairness, we’ll get Pitt in the acccg. We don’t have to play an extra game either

Nov 4, 2018, 6:55 AM

If ND gets in, and I think they will, they should be rated no higher than 4th, given the fact that they won't have to play a Conference Championship game. It only seems fair that they have to play the number 1 teams in the playoffs. If they beat #1, they are legit and should be able to handle the winner between #'s 2 & 3. But then, it's not fair to allow any team in the playoffs who didn't win their Conference. You can't be "the best team in the country" if you're not the best team in your Conference. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 7:12 AM

It wasnt too long ago that Michigan lost to South Carolina. I dont think Michigan has the secondary to challenge Alabama receivers or the overall speed.

Nov 4, 2018, 7:24 AM

It isnt that long ago we lost to Cuse .... What does that matter?

I think Michigan has the D line to make things difficult for tua. He showed last night under duress, he makes bad throws. Michigan has the talent and scheme to challenge bama on the line.

I am not saying bama will lose. I am saying they will be thoroughly tested. Much more than ND will

Re: Playoffs***

Nov 4, 2018, 7:21 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2018, 7:23 AM

uktiger1 said:

I really hope it shakes out

1) bama
2) clemson
3) nd
4) Michigan

I hate to say it, but Michigan's defense is legit and i believe Don brown was at pitt when they beat us. I think they can challenge the bama offense in more ways that lsu could. (sorry uga and uf offenses aren't totally challenging lsu). I don't think Michigan can generate enough offense to win, but that defense will put a bruising on bama.

So i think we still really want ND third so we can crush them. Then play a tired bama for the natty.

15-0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,720
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic