Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pay to play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,324

Pay to play

Apr 29, 2020, 1:18 PM

I know the devil will be in the details and I sure do not claim to know all the details. However, the information coming out about the rules for name, image, likeness cause me concern for many reasons.

I see a MLB scenario setting up of large market vs. small market teams. And sorry folks compared to Texas, Ohio State, Georgia etc. enrollment and alumni base we are "little ole Clemson". If you can get paid for conducting a camp, jerseys, promoting products, etc. it seems to be common sense that schools with big student bodies and Alumni bases (hello about every Big Ten school) can make a case to recruits you can have a bigger market to make money at those schools. You will just have more "customers". (note Ohio State AD was co-chair of committee). This sets up perfectly for Ohio State with largest student enrollment and alumni base. Not to mention Columbus is now a city of over $2 million people.

Again, I hope I am wrong but I do not see any reference to a cap of earnings, etc. that make keep it a more level playing field. I hope before this process is done some things are fixed because if not I can see disaster for "small market teams". Just ask the Kansas City Royals how is competing with the Yankees.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pay to play

Apr 29, 2020, 3:06 PM

Dabo will still compete, don’t worry. Most of the money will come when they turn Pro. Clemson will be ok but the coots will stay consistent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

College logos will have power

Apr 29, 2020, 3:41 PM

I’m not %100 on this ... but doesn’t this only give the player the right to his own likeness , and not the jersey number and logo combination..

For example , TL couldn’t sell Clemson jerseys without Clemson‘s permission?

Will Dabo follow through with an earlier statement he concerning college players getting paid??

Apr 29, 2020, 5:14 PM

He said that if it came down to College Players getting he would find something else to do. He would get out of coaching. He said players are all ready entitled enough.

Do any others remember this comment. If players start getting paid, will he remain at Clemson??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Dabo follow through with an earlier statement he concerning college players getting paid??

Apr 29, 2020, 10:14 PM

Dabo meant litetrally getting paid by the schools to play.

Re: Pay to play

Apr 29, 2020, 11:19 PM

I too am worried about this small market of lil ole Clemson! I’m afraid that this rule will be a windfall for the likes of SoCal, Oregon, ND, Penn st, Michigan, Texas, and all SEC network schools....including SUC! It seems the Blue Blood Yankee schools want to cut us off at the knees.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,324
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic