Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ok Heisman haters
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Ok Heisman haters

Dec 11, 2018, 12:54 PM

If ETN wins next year will it be a big deal then??!?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ok Heisman haters

Dec 11, 2018, 12:56 PM

its messed up all the awards dont come after the fdull season. And then there is ESPN's hype of a certain SEC fav. So yes

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 1:59 PM

Agreed. It makes as much sense as when you see the commentators announce the Player of the Game halfway through the 3rd Quarter.

It's a popularity contest for whatever team ESPN designates as their annual media darling. It's been irrelevant for years and the fact that neither CJ, nor DW were awarded the trophy is proof of such.

Dec 11, 2018, 3:41 PM

If you mean that the Heisman is irrelevant because it has no bearing on which team will go on to win the championship or which player will go on to have a successful NFL career then I agree with you. However, I don't think it was ever ostensibly supposed to go to the best player on the best team or the player with the most NFL potential.

Technically, if the goal of football is to win football games then awards do not now nor have they ever been "relevant."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok Heisman haters ]

I completely understand the sentiment that the Heisman should be awarded after the conclusion of the bowl games, but I think they do it in December along with nearly all of the other awards and All-American and All-Conference teams in order to maximize fan interest. If it came after the bowl games were over it would further tilt the advantage to players on playoff teams (not that there's anything wrong with that) and also lead to less interest overall.

I liken it to the Pro Bowl in the NFL that always had such terrible ratings when it was played after the Super Bowl. Admittedly the ratings still aren't good now, but there is more interest now that it's played prior to the Super Bowl.

Huck the Feisman!***

Dec 11, 2018, 12:57 PM

null

Re: Bick Dutkus!!!!

Dec 11, 2018, 1:04 PM

I reversed his name one day in my mind and it gave me the giggles. TIA

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 12:59 PM

The big deal, IMHO, is that will mean his numbers are so video game-like that he won a popularity contest over the QBs who led their teams to huge seasons.

That would be a very big deal for our team if it were true. With the assumption that we continue to have some sense of balance on offense, for ETN to win the Heisman means that we will reach historic levels offensively.

Dec 11, 2018, 1:08 PM

It will mean ETN had a h e l l of a year and I will love that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 1:58 PM

No. The Heisman has been damaged by the voters that were entrusted with safeguarding the high ideals that it was supposed to represent. Once those high ideals are compromised, restoring them is extremely difficult. You can’t buy a reputation, you can’t fake it, you can’t force, demand, coerce, cajole or otherwise spin it. The Heisman frittered away it’s reputation and now it can’t buy its reputation back at any price. It’s a shame, but that’s how I see it.

So is it a big deal? No. It used to be a big deal. Now it’s more like, “Let’s Make a Deal.” Excellence is a tough task master. Excellence just some of the time is not really excellence.

Yes***

Dec 11, 2018, 2:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a dumb pro-heisman argument

Dec 11, 2018, 2:13 PM

Of course i'm not going to downplay Travis Etienne's accomplishment because of my hate for the way they pick and choose who wins the tropy and pretty much spit in DeShaun Watsons face. I'll love it for Travis. But don't count on it

Nope.. next?***

Dec 11, 2018, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Dec 11, 2018, 3:06 PM

Did you really mean for that to be your last post here?

I'm one of the last people to call another a Coot, but I'm sorry: your post practically accuses loyal Tiger fans of being hypocrites. While i think the question is legitimate, only a Coot would frame it the way you did.

If you're not, and you really are just pi**ed at us for not bowing to the great NY Athletic Club in their misapplication of the Heisman Foundation ideals, try to learn from this: you are a sh**-stirrer. You'll be invited to more parties if you don't try to box friends into corners.

Save that for your enemies.

My response in a moment.

Dec 11, 2018, 3:18 PM

If Etienne wins, it will be payback for Dabo.

And if so, it will certainly not be the only award he wins, so it might be a smaller deal than some others.

Dabo and i both want an apology for the slight to DW4, and i wouldn't put it past Dabo not to ask for one for all of the Tennessee fans, too, left over from 1997.

Could you imagine the orange love that would come pouring out of that state?

Yes, I'd love it for the kid, but not for Clemson. The team doesn't need it. No award or player is bigger than the team.

But there's no way a Heisman winner from Clemson is ever gonna hawk his autograph outside DV.

Coot.

Dec 11, 2018, 3:46 PM

Team success and having a Heisman winner are not mutually exclusive. Of course we would all prefer championships over the Heisman and other individual accolades, but why can't we hope for both?

Just about everyone can find at least a few Heisman winners that we don't think were deserving for whatever reason (low character, inferior stats, etc.), but there's no reason we shouldn't be happy for both Clemson and Etienne if he happens to win it.

Dec 11, 2018, 6:33 PM

This is what a Heisman winner is supposed to meet:

The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. The winners of the trophy epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

I think the voters miss it as much as they get it correct.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lamar Jackson over DW4 was a joke. Even Derrick Henry over DW4 was a joke.

Dec 11, 2018, 6:49 PM

And that’s why the sentiment is what it is on this board. 0.5/10 troll.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2018, 7:03 PM

No. It is forever tainted by crab legs, Cam the scam, and whoever Louisville's convict was that won it.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic