Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Ugly: Clemson survives Troy 30-24
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 6,582

New Story: Ugly: Clemson survives Troy 30-24

Sep 10, 2016, 4:39 PM

Ugly: Clemson survives Troy 30-24

Clemson faces a lot of questions after hanging on to beat Troy 30-24 Saturday afternoon in Death Valley on an afternoon when the Tigers once again looked out of synch from the beginning. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugly anddamning

Sep 10, 2016, 4:46 PM

I like the colour from the writer.

- Dr. T.

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Ugly anddamning

Sep 10, 2016, 5:02 PM

Short of a loss, this was disgusting and a total embarrassment to our players and especially our high paid coaching staff.
We as IPTAY contributors should get a refund on having to sit through this painfull exhibition of mediocrity in action.
I don't blame the kids, because they are " kids", but the Coaching Staff is an other matter. Get the da## thing fixed, because we are already the laughing stock of the country. Ray Ray has assured us of that.

A refund? You're 2-0 moron. A W is a W no matter how ugly.

Sep 10, 2016, 5:47 PM

How could you justify a refund? Just curious.

Re: Ugly anddamning

Sep 10, 2016, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Ugly anddamning ]

Short of a loss, this was disgusting and a total embarrassment to our players and especially our high paid coaching staff.
We as IPTAY contributors should get a refund on having to sit through this painfull exhibition of mediocrity in action.
I don't blame the kids, because they are " kids", but the Coaching Staff is an other matter. Get the da## thing fixed, because we are already the laughing stock of the country. Ray Ray has assured us of that.

Re: New Story: Ugly: Clemson survives Troy 30-24

Sep 10, 2016, 4:50 PM

Did i just see what i just saw? Something is way off.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Night and Day

Sep 11, 2016, 1:05 PM

Just wondering...we have played the last 3 or 4 games at night and seem to play fairly well. Is it just the time adjustment that we are still half asleep for these day games? Maybe we'll get the answer with Saturday's noon game and Thursday's night GT name. Thoughts?

That is the perfect title for that game...UGLY

Sep 10, 2016, 5:00 PM

Coaches and players better wake up.

Re: That is the perfect title for that game...UGLY

Sep 10, 2016, 5:14 PM

The behavior of this team (Ray Ray) kind of reminds me of Mike Bellamy and Chad Kelly. Perhaps our head coach has lost his desire to push the troops towards success. Georgia Tech and Louisville will clean our clock! Something is wrong with the coaching and needs to get fixed quickly or else we will be severely embarrassed in coming games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2016, 5:08 PM

I'll bet the only position that graded above 90 was Huegel. All extra points good, all field goals good and all kickoffs, if I didn't miss one, we're in the endzone. As article headline read, UGLY was a good description. Lots to correct this week before SC State. GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 10, 2016, 5:32 PM

H&ll, I'll bet that SC State has gotten cocky about coming into DV and having a chance to beat us. And I agree that it is badly needing fixing but, before it gets fixed, our coaches have to believe that it needs fixing!!! But I hear it now, Troy is a very good team, they scored 50 plus points on "Austin Peay" the week before and all D 16 teams won't be that good and they will win their conference this year. Who gives a rip how good they are in their league, they are still way below us in skill and big dog talent, we were suppose to crush them, but struggled to beat them in our house, and it was embarrassing!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the defense had 3 interceptions instead of 2.***

Sep 10, 2016, 5:13 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2016, 5:15 PM

Honestly, I usually get a little ticked when David tells it like it is bc I just don't want to hear anybody talking bad about our Tigers, but they deserve everything that David has said and maybe more. That is two straight games that we should have annihilated both teams, and barely hung in to get a win. And there is absolutely to much talent on our team for us to play like we have these past two game. Somebody isn't doing there job. We look completely out of sync and unprepared. Play calling is atrocious at best. As soon as we get going mixing up the plays and get on a roll, the play calling goes right back into a lull and gets bogged down and using up 3 plays going backwards losing yards. Game time just isn't the time for experimental play calling. We either are running the ball right into the strength of their D, or we are throwing the ball 50 yards down field with DW4 being swarmed before he can get the ball off. When we get bogged down like that, let DW4 call a couple of series that will maybe give the team some confidence that we can move the ball bc what ever we are doing isn't working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson survives Troy 30-24

Sep 10, 2016, 5:16 PM

Congratulations to Troy for playing out of their a$$es today and only losing by 13 points ( this was because they did not stop RayRay on the punt return--he was stupid enough to help them out by not scoring the additional 7 points ).

We don't have to worry about complacency because right now, "the best offense in college football" pretty much sucks.

After a bad first game this was disappointing to see

Sep 10, 2016, 5:20 PM

I know we had a few unlucky breaks in the first game that can be expected with the rust but our WR's really disappointed me today. Dropping balls and showed hardly any connection with Watson. The offense looks like they haven't practiced in 6 months, coordinators included.

Defense is doing ok but not great. Certainly out performing the offense and my expectations coming into the season but still not anywhere close to where they were the last two years.

Re: After a bad first game this was disappointing to see

Sep 10, 2016, 5:36 PM

If we're TOO deep, put in the second stringers!! Those drops by the receivers and atrocious play by the starters, will lose us a top 10 ranking. DW took A beating on his Heisman hopes due to the pitiful attempts by the Country's best Receivers? VERY disappointing....

Right now sc state is scaring me to death.

I hope Dabo covers in post game meeting that the next player that does not carry the ball to back of end zone on a touchdown or 2 point conversion is on the practice squad or bench the following week. There was no excuse for Ray Ray doing what he did trying to be "cool". It could of cost us the game. GO TIGERS!!!

Sep 10, 2016, 8:18 PM

I agree 100% about Ray-Ray's mistake. It was costly from a score and momentum standpoint. I've also said this before, but for those of us who have been around for over 50 years, I will take the past two wins over a 3-8 season any day. While 700 yards against Austin Peay may have been against a lesser team, that's pretty good against anyone. Perhaps Troy was a bit underestimated, and the Tigers were not ready for them. In any case, the team needs the support of its fans through good and bad. I hope we can remember that the team wants to win and be their best. Is the national championship and Heisman Trophy all that matter? I hope not. Go Tigers!

Sep 10, 2016, 5:50 PM

Just WOW!What just happened.........

A fire needs to be lit under players and coaches

Sep 10, 2016, 6:47 PM

This is a team sport players,coaches,and etc... The play calling and executions of plays has been a nightmare to watch. The Auburn game and this game were very sloppy and poorly managed, we are playing like we are a scrub team that can't block, catch, throw, or kick what the heck happened during the spring and fall apparently we didn't practice our X's and O's like we should have. I think the players need to wake up and stop playing half assed and playing like they are so superior, note to self its not working Tigers get out of your funk before the Cardinals beat us like a drum. Two games of no progress and fixing the issues and sloppy and laziness is uncalled for. Get it fixed Go Tigers!!

Sep 10, 2016, 7:46 PM

Can't imagine a lot of the fans had questions being that so many of them left at halftime and didn't return. I found it incredibly frustrating when our team needs a boost and so many seats are empty in critical moments of the game. I understand it's hot but that's not a valid excuse to me when it's always this hot at the start of the season....I mean it's not like it's a surprise. It's something I guess I'll never understand. Maybe they were all alcoholics that couldn't go any longer without their favorite drinks.

90 degrees? What game was that temp taken at?!?!?!***

Sep 10, 2016, 10:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
I think not."
~ Stephen Wright

SLOW Starters 2 years in a Row?

Sep 11, 2016, 12:43 AM

Last year started off like this with close, sluggish games and questionable play-calling... things began to improve somewhat in the middle of the year, but after the win at FSU, we almost lost to Syracuse. We may have to ask ourselves if Watson and team are just SLOW starters.

Re: SLOW Starters 2 years in a Row?

Sep 11, 2016, 8:52 AM

We play better playing fast on offense and not playing prevent on defense. Kickoff team is improving from last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2016, 12:44 AM

Ugly win for sure... But walking away with Ben on crutches and Hunter in a cast makes it downright atrocious. :(

Replies: 25
| visibility 6,582
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic