Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: That "darn confetti" makes for a celebration to remember
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: That "darn confetti" makes for a celebration to remember

Jan 12, 2017, 8:01 AM

That "darn confetti" makes for a celebration to remember

Those few moments, in the aftermath of Clemson’s National Championship win over Alabama, are something I will never forget.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: That "darn confetti" makes for a celebration to remember

Jan 12, 2017, 8:10 AM

Nicely done. Thank you!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 8:17 AM

There must have been confetti in my friends basement where I watched the game, so weird... ??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 8:17 AM

I was just reading this article and I believe I got hit with some of that "confetti" as well.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:28 AM

:)

Jan 12, 2017, 8:39 AM

The confetti cannons were loaded with Alabama confetti until Renfrow caught the pass. Stadium personnel had to quickly replace the Alabama confetti canisters with the Clemson canisters. The review of the final kickoff provided the time needed to complete the changeover.

Jan 12, 2017, 8:35 AM

Getting a little tired of you throwing the young wife thing in our face David. Joking. Good read.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I kept a piece of Orange & Purple confetti

Jan 12, 2017, 9:09 AM

I plan to mount it with the ticket under glass with some of my pictures of it raining down.

Re: I kept a piece of Orange & Purple confetti

Jan 12, 2017, 10:14 AM

I managed to get one orange, white, and purple. I feel lucky!

Thanks David

Jan 12, 2017, 9:55 AM

As with all of your stories, this was great! For those of us that can't attend games, you make me feel like I was there and I was a part of it. Funny thing, that darn confetti has made its way to my house, this very moment.??

Jan 12, 2017, 12:50 PM

I am so glad you got to be there and share this story with all of us. It is only natural that the confetti got to you. I was in the stands hugging perfect strangers. In a complete state of happy shock. I knew Clemson was going to win after Hurts scored and I looked up at the clock to see DW4 had 2 minutes. In that moment, a sense of calm came over me. I thought "we got this".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 1:13 PM

Pulitzer worthy...well done!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 2:39 PM

I'm glad you explained who Jim Phillips was. I was getting a little concerned when you wrote that Dabo saw Jim Phillips in the crowd.

I had no idea he had a coach with the same name as the legendary voice of the Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 11:28 PM

Frank Howard was there, too..
'just say'n..
and probably my Mom and Dad for me..
GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was immensely enjoying David's story

Jan 13, 2017, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: That "darn confetti" makes for a celebration to remember ]

until I couldn't see well & realized I had Confetti in my eyes, too! ThX!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2017, 3:10 PM

Superbly written article. I was in the Orange Bowl 35 years ago as a Clemson senior when Clemson won their first national championship so I get it. Confetti must have been in my eyes as I read your article today. Go Tigers!

Jan 12, 2017, 3:57 PM

Confetti was in the eyes of a LOT of people in HCC parking lot, including Lee Price.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did that singing staffer happen to be

Jan 12, 2017, 7:08 PM

Durrell Barry? He's always singing and fun to be around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2017, 8:36 AM

Love the story it made me feel like I was there in the middle of the celebration with you.

:) *****

Jan 15, 2017, 12:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 15, 2017, 1:56 PM

That darn confetti showed how STUPID, CRIMINAL MINDED...even pro-DOMESTIC TERRORISM many game attendees displayed before, during and after the game...and on public property! CLEMSON's South Carolina is still #1 worst government in the American State Litter Scorecard. Littering public properties--including tax-paid stadiums--is ILLEGAL in Florida, South Carolina, Alabama and the 47 other states --subject to a fine or potential arrest. That solid waste breeds disease and insects that sickens and KILLS humans--and now a contributor to SERIOUS acts of terrorism within mass human gatherings, by federal, state and local governments. Think of all the money these Governments that own and maintain stadiums could make from truly enforcing enacted law. If they couldn't arrest these thugs, maybe the local police and officials could have at least rigorously collecting fine payments from 1,000's of litterers. No wonder why Sports Stadium Event Attendees and persons age 16-25, are recognized in dozens of studies as "Profiled Litterers," people prone to or most willing, to ILLEGALLY litter or dump solid waste. MAKING AMERICA (and South Carolina/Alabama/Florida) GREAT AGAIN! starts by capturing and punishing litter terrorists at America's sports stadiums and arenas--and anywhere else 1000's of terrorists and young people gather at the same time

Jan 23, 2017, 10:47 PM

David Hook, thank you for your emotionally charged account of the 'finish'! I was there last year in Glendale with my daughter, BreAnn Janvier, a Clemson senior at that time, and when we walked out after the game with the crowd we had a different kind of confetti. This season was full of hopes and dreams for all those who love the Tigers. What else can I say but that the Tigers delivered. We will never forget how each of us felt this year when Deshaun threw his last pass as a Tiger and Renfrow caught it with ONE second left! I thought I'd be jumping up and down as our beloved Tigers had done it but instead by some magic that 'darn confetti' got in my eyes and I burst into tears!
I will never forget this game nor will I forget how you captured those first humble moments after the game and encounters with that 'darn confetti'.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic