Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Gabe DeVoe saves his best for last
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,641

New Story: Gabe DeVoe saves his best for last

Mar 24, 2018, 8:01 AM

Gabe DeVoe saves his best for last

Gabe DeVoe saved the best for last. Clemson’s senior guard almost single-handedly brought Clemson back from a 20-point second half deficit, scoring a career-high 31 points on 10-for-17 shooting in his final game as a Tiger. Clemson lost to Kansas, 80-76, in the NCAA Tournament Friday night, but the Tigers made a brilliant rally in a Sweet 16 game, and DeVoe played maybe his best game with the nation tuned in. Photo by Steven Branscombe / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Gabe DeVoe saves his best for last

Mar 24, 2018, 8:48 AM

Really enjoyed this TEAM. Especially the regroup after injuries. You have earned much support and admiration!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2018, 9:10 AM

How proud should we be of this basketball team? They represented Clemson with dignity and class. I will miss Gabe Defoe. He is a class act. Coach Brownell did an amazing job with a group of young men no one expected much from. Thanks for a great season and lots of exciting moments. Until next year Go Tigers!

Mar 24, 2018, 9:16 AM

Wouldn’t it be great if number ten had another season?

I liked DeVoe throughout the seaon, BUT

Mar 24, 2018, 9:55 AM

in my opinion, last night he catapulted himself into top 5 basketball players in recent CU history (I go back to '86 -- saw Horace, Elden, and Dale).

Here's why: Heart -- capital H. He tried to put the team on his back and will us to a win. He almost accomplished it. Reid and Mitchell (love those guys) were not the offensive factors they generally are. Elijah was playing the Hulk, and still contributed. Skara was...well, scrappy, if nothing else.

But Gabe transcended his teammates last night. He was better than all of Kansas' 5-Stars (and they have a lot). The picture of him boxing out Andre the Giant to get a rebound and/or draw the foul shows his tenacity in all phases of the game. He worked as hard on the defensive end as he did on the offensive.

My only sadness is that they didn't pull out the victory. Therefore, his performance may be forgotten by some, but not by me. Way to go out a winner, Gabe.

I won’t forget him. I remember his...

Mar 24, 2018, 2:29 PM

Recruiting video when he signed. Dude was a scorer and for whatever reason (Jaron dominating the ball or CBB not settling on the right offensive scheme) I saw what I saw in that video. I love his game and ‘yes’ it is made for college, but he will get a look professionally. Tip of the hat to Devoe....doesn’t hurt to look like Christian Wilkins either. Haha!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I won’t forget him. I remember his...

Mar 24, 2018, 10:15 PM

Nothing more I can add as y’all said it perfectly. I hope he gets a shot at NBA but if not, I know he can have a long international career if that is what he wants.

And I remember that highlight tape as well! The dude was a pure shooter and remember many on the board very excited about his potential.

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,641
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic