Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Clemson preparing for "crazy good" Lamar Jackson and Louisville
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Clemson preparing for "crazy good" Lamar Jackson and Louisville

Sep 12, 2017, 1:04 PM

Clemson preparing for "crazy good" Lamar Jackson and Louisville

Crazy good. That might be the best way to describe Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson and the Cardinals’ offense. No. 2 Clemson (coaches poll) takes to the road this weekend, traveling to Louisville for a matchup with the 14th-ranked Cardinals. Both teams are 2-0 and have designs on an ACC Atlantic Championship. Clemson defeated Auburn14-6 last weekend while Louisville defeated UNC 47-35. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Clemson preparing for "crazy good" Lamar Jackson and Louisville

Sep 12, 2017, 1:48 PM

I can't wait to see how our defense matches up against their offense. I know it will be a challenge but I believe our defense is good enough to slow them down a bunch.

I look to see a more aggressive running and passing game from our offense. I believe the film from last week will help us challenge their defense with many new wrinkles an a lot of power football!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

video game numbers on offense are a double edge sword

Sep 12, 2017, 1:50 PM

and can mean really good things or really bad things for your defense. You either have a defense that is getting turnovers and a lot of 3 and outs getting the ball quickly back to your offense or your defense is allowing quick scores or allowing drives that pin you back where you are getting a long field continuously to allow you to get all those yards. And looking back at Louisville's games, it seems to be the latter. Purdue put up 28 points (4 tds of 27 seconds, 4 minutes, 1 minute 50 sec, and 3 minutes 16 seconds) Purdue had 293 passing and 51 rushing. In the UNC game, they gave up 35 points (5 tds of 1 min 58 sec, 2 min 26 sec, KO return, 3 min 42 sec, and 2 min 35 sec). UNC had 400 yards 384 passing/17 rushing. This averages to allowing teams to score in 2 minutes 32 sec. Where that double edge comes in is when your offense runs into a defense that slows them down, allowing that suspect defense to have to defend more possessions, probably then allowing more points and in turn probably limiting the amount of possessions your high power offense has the ball. I think this will be the case in our game as our defense will atleast slow them down and get them out of rhythm causing them to posses the ball longer not giving up quick scores. The only thing I saw that concerns me is we seem to be running more and Louisville's defense has had decent numbers against the run. I think our oline is better than UNC's and purdues, so this may be the key. If we can run and sustain drives, we win easy.

Re: video game numbers on offense are a double edge sword

Sep 12, 2017, 3:15 PM

Also, I'm not sure that Lewisville's O-line is any better than Awwww-burn's. And look what the Tiger D-line did to them. Action Jackson will be running a lot, which may be good and bad. He certainly can turn on the jets and make plays. But Clemson's defense is silly good and can shut down even outstanding offensive teams. And I believe Clemson's offense will be able to make plays against the Cardinal defense, which has been so-so so far. Goooo-Tigers!

Sep 13, 2017, 10:15 AM [ in reply to video game numbers on offense are a double edge sword ]

I totally agree. UNC, as bad as they are on both sides of the ball, were in the game until the 4th quarter. They scored on a 98 yard kickoff return, and moved the ball pretty well most of the game, even playing two quarterbacks. I think Louisville's defense could be a weakness. The scary thing is letting Jackson get lose. When that happens nothing good is going to happen for us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 6:54 PM [ in reply to video game numbers on offense are a double edge sword ]

You have to look at it the other way too. If you have an offense that's built to pound the ball up the middle but your defense is playing bad then if you get down by a bunch of points you can't depend on your offense to pick up a quick score to shift momentum.

Odd...

Sep 12, 2017, 6:32 PM

Dabo's hair look darker than I remember it in the photo above

Re: Odd...

Sep 12, 2017, 10:10 PM

Long as he keeps winning with great character, I could care less what color his hair is....lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: Odd...

Sep 12, 2017, 10:16 PM

I'd have to put a food down at garnet.

Re: Hopefully the

Sep 12, 2017, 10:00 PM

Tigers offensive line won't get man handled in this game. Hopefully the game plan won't evolve into another play not to lose instead of playing to win. I believe this game will be on the defensive backfield. If they cover and play solid ( no penalties ) then the front seven should ( and better ) contain Jackson inside a box. Keep in mind this is just one persons opinion and their are a lot of smart, qualified, seasoned coaches that know more than me. But then again I watch the game in tunnel vision.

Re: Hopefully the

Sep 13, 2017, 6:43 PM

Contain LJ..... dont give him time to run around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic