Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Orleans or Pasadena...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Orleans or Pasadena...

Oct 21, 2020, 10:25 AM

Where will we most likely land?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully New Orleans

Oct 21, 2020, 10:27 AM

I doubt Pasadena will allow any fans to attend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Hopefully New Orleans

Oct 21, 2020, 10:30 AM

I disagree, I think Pasadena will have fans. You have to realize that game will be after the election and I believe you will see many things that have been closed, shut down or restricted open for business on November 4th.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 10:49 AM

Perhaps, but blue states will still be blue states. I do see things loosening up nationwide in general after the election, but the hardcore blue states, like NY and CA, will not make any significant changes, I don't think. They like being in control of everything, because after all, they do know so much better than all of us! ;)

Oct 21, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully New Orleans ]

The Rose Parade has already been cancelled. First time in 76 years.

The Rose Bowl has also already said fans wont be allowed unless California and Los Angeles make changes. And if changes are made, the Rose Bowl has said it will be limited numbers with social distancing required...ie maybe 15k fans.

Best bet for bowl season is NO if we want to see them in person. Even better, the national championship should be moved to Dallas for the best shot at having the max number of fans, but I’m sure that’s not an option at this point.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Hopefully New Orleans ]

I would rather go to Pasadena rather than New Orleans been to New Orleans in winter sucks. Pasadena is usually sunny and in the 70s during that time of year.

No. 1 historically has had the choice. The one caveat to

Oct 21, 2020, 10:32 AM

that is if it was a true "Home court advantage", then they had to go to the other site. So, here's hoping we are ranked #1 going in, so we get our preference.

(We certainly don't have to worry about LSU having a home court conflict this year.) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. 1 historically has had the choice. The one caveat to

Oct 21, 2020, 10:36 AM

Please Rose Bowl. NO is infested.

Amen. Homeless sleeping in the lobby of the $600/night

Oct 21, 2020, 1:25 PM

hotel from the last CFP Title game. I was in N.O. four nights, and with each dinner I had "gumbo" as part of my meal. The gumbo at the "Blue Marlin" in Columbia, SC is 5 times better than the gumbo I had at any of the four "nice" restaurants in N.O.

Plus, it is just a dirty city.

I also attended the CFP Title game in 2019 against Bama in California. THAT was a great trip. Pasadena would also be great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Orleans or Pasadena...

Oct 21, 2020, 10:39 AM

Although the Rose Bowl was a prestigious game many years ago-
West coast college ball is lacking- Why give all this money to the west coast when 75% of the teams in play off are from the East- better yet the deep south. Pasadena or New Orleans -(Sugar Bowl) has not been friendly to us lately>

Oct 21, 2020, 11:42 AM

Are you suggesting the Rose Bowl be excluded from the CFP rotation? The Rose Bowl? No way. It is still the best of all the bowls.

Which east coast bowl would you replace it with? The Duke’s Mayo Bowl? Perhaps the Gasparilla Bad Boys Mowers Bowl.

Oct 21, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: New Orleans or Pasadena... ]

Laughable argument here

Oct 21, 2020, 11:37 AM

I smell roses....Pasadena ????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Oct 21, 2020, 11:52 AM

My prediction is the committee will have to change the game sites to Miami and Dallas.

California will remain shut down. New Orleans will not allow fans "indoors" so it will be stay shut down.

As winter approaches, the number of positive cases will only increase. It's going to get worse before it gets better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I'd love to play in the Rose Bowl...

Oct 21, 2020, 1:08 PM

assuming fans get to attend, if given the choice, Clemson will opt for New Orleans a place that has not been particularly kind to the Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Pasadena is a dump

Oct 21, 2020, 1:33 PM

LA is a shittole

Hoping for Pasadena. Want somewhere new, plus Rose Bowl

Oct 21, 2020, 1:41 PM

would be a great stadium to visit. Not really jacked about New Orleans for a third time..........

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pasadena

Oct 21, 2020, 2:01 PM

We seem to do better out west.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Pasadana because I've always wanted to see the Tigers play

Oct 21, 2020, 2:30 PM

in the Rose but also because we just can't seem to win in the Big Easy

So strictly for self-serving and personal reasons...

Oct 21, 2020, 3:42 PM

just like mine?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic