Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL preseason cut in half
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

NFL preseason cut in half

Jul 1, 2020, 4:27 PM

Not that anyone cares about preseason games...
https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1278420333809336321?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL preseason cut in half

Jul 1, 2020, 5:32 PM

Who Cares about the NFL period..next

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2020, 8:13 PM

Good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: NFL preseason cut in half ]

Most of the sports viewing country does. Except for a very few small towns like Tuscsloosa, the NFLs ratings absolutely crush College Football. It's not even close.

Jul 2, 2020, 11:32 AM

dogunwo said:

Most of the sports viewing country does. Except for a very few small towns like Tuscsloosa, the NFLs ratings absolutely crush College Football. It's not even close.

You mean the the Sports Gambling/Fantasy participants. Face facts: Attendance at NFL games has been significantly down for several years now. Now, the Liberal Roger Goodell will claim their internal metrics show the “Digital” numbers are up. Which means if you look up scores on your Smartphone, they count you as a viewer.

Jul 2, 2020, 11:48 AM

svaughan said:

dogunwo said:

You mean the the Sports Gambling/Fantasy participants. Face facts: Attendance at NFL games has been significantly down for several years now. Now, the Liberal Roger Goodell will claim their internal metrics show the “Digital” numbers are up. Which means if you look up scores on your Smartphone, they count you as a viewer.

Umm.... actually ratings show the NFL dominates college football. Not even factoring in digital. Your premise is stupid anyway because there is gambling on college football too. People who play fantasy sports and gamble are fans too.

You don't like NFL for whatever reason, and that's ok. However stop making up stuff and presenting that you represent the majority when in fact, you don't.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:11 PM

dogunwo said:

svaughan said:

dogunwo said:

Umm.... actually ratings show the NFL dominates college football. Not even factoring in digital. Your premise is stupid anyway because there is gambling on college football too. People who play fantasy sports and gamble are fans too.

You don't like NFL for whatever reason, and that's ok. However stop making up stuff and presenting that you represent the majority when in fact, you don't.

WHERE in my response did I state that College FB has higher ratings than the NFL? I’ll make it easy for you. I did not. The Quality of play in the NFL has regressed in the last decade due to the Union dictating (and owners accepting) virtually no Hitting at all in Training Camp, drastically reduced Practice Field time, etc. not to mention the idiotic decision to move Kickoffs up 5 yards which has NEUTERED the excitement and game changing Returns with Special Teams. I know, I know, Concussions blah blah blah. Nobody’s banning Boxing or the UFC. Tha only good rule change of the last decade is moving extra points back to create some excitement.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

svaughan said:

dogunwo said:

svaughan said:

dogunwo said:

WHERE in my response did I state that College FB has higher ratings than the NFL? I’ll make it easy for you. I did not. The Quality of play in the NFL has regressed in the last decade due to the Union dictating (and owners accepting) virtually no Hitting at all in Training Camp, drastically reduced Practice Field time, etc. not to mention the idiotic decision to move Kickoffs up 5 yards which has NEUTERED the excitement and game changing Returns with Special Teams. I know, I know, Concussions blah blah blah. Nobody’s banning Boxing or the UFC. Tha only good rule change of the last decade is moving extra points back to create some excitement.

You responded to my response where the claim was no one cares about the NFL, which is absurd.

Jul 2, 2020, 3:31 PM

dogunwo said:

svaughan said:

dogunwo said:

svaughan said:

dogunwo said:

You responded to my response where the claim was no one cares about the NFL, which is absurd.

Yes, I responded but NEVER stated that nobody cares about the NFL.

There are only 32 NFL teams...College football has higher...

Jul 2, 2020, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL preseason cut in half ]

total viewership.

A lot of people care about the NFL. It's the biggest

Jul 2, 2020, 4:22 PM [ in reply to Re: NFL preseason cut in half ]

stage for a predominately American sport. Some of the top athletes in the world are in the NFL.

You'd have to be a a) a FOX News loving putz or b) jealous of athletes making millions of dollars in a FREE MARKET society not to love the NFL.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:04 PM

This should be permanent (actually should have happened several years ago).

Maybe fans don't care, but the players trying to get a

Jul 2, 2020, 9:03 AM

roster spot on a team care a great deal, I assure you!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe fans don't care, but the players trying to get a

Jul 2, 2020, 11:09 AM

Coaches don't need 4 preseason games to make roster decisions. It's long been known the only reason there are 4 games is so owners can soak season ticket holders.

In exchange for a reduction to 2, owners have insisted on growing the regular season to 18 games to make up the difference. Neither coaches, fans nor players object to the reduction.

couldnt give two ##### about the kneelers***

Jul 2, 2020, 11:22 AM

Re: couldnt give two ##### about the kneelers***

Jul 2, 2020, 11:48 AM

Got news for ya there chief. A lot of guys in college will be doing the same thing if there's a season this year. So get ready to stop watching all football if you're going to hold to your misplaced convictions.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:12 PM

#### underachievers!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic