Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My Treasure Chest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

My Treasure Chest

Feb 26, 2021, 3:38 PM

One of the drawers in my dresser has been the place where I put things I wanted to save for later. The front part are items I use on a regular basis. When I add something to the drawer, the other things in the drawer get pushed to the rear like leftovers in the refrigerator. For a long time I have been thinking about going through the drawer and seeing what all I had there but possessed with the talent for procrastination, it was a task I could always do tomorrow. Well, tomorrow became today and I finally took the bull by the horns and pulled out the drawer.

The first thing I found was a couple of photos of a string of bass I caught in a small farm pond about 1953 0r'54. Each one weighed about 2 - 3 pounds. I found several small zip-lock bags with coins and paper money from several foreign countries. I found a bunch of old IPTAY membership cards, some stick-on Tiger Paws, a nice gold colored Tiger Paw given to me many years ago by George Bennett and finally. 20 - $2.00 bills with Tiger Paw stamps that must have been in that drawer for at least 25 - 30 years. I also found some things that made me wonder why had saved them in the first place

I have one more drawer I need to check out which contains a lot of small items. Don't know what's in it but I plan to check it out in the next day or two. I went through one of the big drawers a year or so ago and found shirts I had never worn. Also found several pair of socks. My daughter looked in a drawer in another dresser in my bedroom and she said, "here's a shirt with all the tags still on it".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have an embarrassing story along the lines of the

Feb 26, 2021, 3:48 PM

forgetfulness part.

A couple years ago, I went motoring out the front door of my house, on the way somewhere. Just as the front door was slamming shut, I realized I did not have my keys with me. No one was home, and as I do not carry a cell phone, I waited on the front porch for about an hour for my wife to come home from wherever she had gone, to let me in the house.

Being quite irate at myself by now, I decided that THIS would never happen again. I went to Ace Hardware, and had a couple spare keys made to the house. I decided on a hiding place on the property for a spare key that I could access in case I ever locked myself out at any time in the future.

As I entered that place, and went to install a nail to hang up this spare key, I noticed......the spare key that I had put there about ten years ago when I locked myself out of the house once before. :(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have an embarrassing story along the lines of the

Feb 26, 2021, 4:21 PM

At our first house we were leaving after inspecting to go load up our apartment and move in. My wife realized after we locked the house door the keys were still on the kitchen counter. When we came back with furniture and stuff I used the step ladder to try to enter a bathroom window. As I was about to go in our new next door neighbors who we hadnt met came over to see who was breaking in to the vacant house. Of course this was fter work early on a Fri so our story seemed to satisfy them that we werent burglars

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 4:43 PM [ in reply to I have an embarrassing story along the lines of the ]

Whether this is true or not, I (at 65) had to call my parents (in their 80s) to share the story. Each of us said... "That sounds like me".

Thank you for that story... made the day for at least 4 of us. I told my wife too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 7:11 PM

It
is
all
too
true

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good stuff Mr. Joe

Feb 26, 2021, 4:06 PM

I have a similar drawer full of trinkets that time forgot, but it hasnt been collecting items as long as yours.

I was cleaning out the center console of my truck the other day and found gift cards to Home Depot, Earth Fare and Dairy Queen that I didnt remember having.

Re: My Treasure Chest

Feb 26, 2021, 11:28 PM

I am 59, and my wife and I have been in our current house for 23 years. I have hidden money in various parts of the house only to find more money I had obviously hidden at the same locations in the past.
Just today I bought some .22 long rifle ammo. I like to hide my ammo away from the gun it goes with. When I reached in the hidden area to place the new ammo, something was in the way... needless to say it was ammo I had hidden there in the past. I just laughed at myself and figured I now have twice the ammo I had............. at least twice...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Feb 26, 2021, 11:56 PM

I forgot things like that as a kid & now but I have always had a great memory remembering events or in class in school, never ever had to study until I got to college & I can remember events from my childhood at age 3 clearly....lol

Five minutes from now I’ll forget where my phone or keys are....lol it’s so frustrating sometimes lol

Thank you for sharing wisdom with us again Joe!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Feb 27, 2021, 2:44 AM

Well, this is a dirty story. I locked myself out of our house one time and I could not find the hide out key where I and my wife had agreed to place it. Well, I had to crawl the wood bin for our fire place, after removing the wood. I looked at the rings for hanging up keys and there was the hide out key. I have been married long enough to just put the key back in its designated place. I am experienced enough to know what not to start disagreements with a wife of Irish descent. Gentlemen, you can not win; only lose to a worse degree.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic