Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Morehead State
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Morehead State

Mar 2, 2021, 4:53 PM

Remember them? I had not, actually. Clemson's nonconference wins are as good as anybody's even without the win over the Eagles back in December, but that win is looking better and better. They are 20-7 overall, 17-3 in the Ohio Valley Conference, and coming off a win over league leader Belmont over the weekend, giving Belmont one of its three losses of the year. They have won four in a row and 16 of 17, the only loss coming at Belmont. Clemson may have had better teams in the past, but I don't know that the Tigers have ever put together a better nonconference resume.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morehead State

Mar 2, 2021, 5:07 PM

I thought someone said they hadnt so done well and hurt our SOS. That doesnt look like it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 2, 2021, 5:09 PM

Just to provide a little context, our Sweet 16 team from 2017-18 defeated three mid-major teams in the non-conference slate who won their regular season conference championships (UNC Asheville, Louisiana and Texas Southern). Texas Southern was the only one of those teams to advance to the NCAA Tournament.

Our 2017-18 team also defeated Florida in a neutral site game and Ohio State in a true road game. Ohio State finished 15-3 in the Big Ten that season (good for 2nd in the conference). Both of those teams were NCAA Tournament teams as well.

I'd give that resume the SLIGHT edge over this year's, but not by much. The wins against Florida and Ohio State away from home, especially considering those teams are on-par or better than where both of Maryland and Purdue are this year, make the difference to me.

Mar 6, 2021, 10:05 PM

And Morehead just won the OVC tournament and is in the Big Dance. Dominating win over the favorite, Belmont.

Mar 6, 2021, 10:27 PM

Yep 4 non conference wins over teams who make the NCAAT is impressive.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic