Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
More whining about the acc champ ticket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

More whining about the acc champ ticket

Dec 5, 2019, 10:48 AM

So I buy 8 for family and funds friends thru the acc in august. okaaaay... ah no big deal

Months later I get an email saying they will all be digital and I HAVE to download the acc app.
Well poop. I don't want a bunch of apps on my phone...I don't even have tweeter, face book, or candy crush.

But whatever...I get the stupid app.... I go to my tickets..nope.. not there.. gotta install the Ticketmaster app also. I don't want a bunch of apps on my phone...I don't even have snap chap, tig tog, or uber.. fork it.. whatever.. I get the app.

I have to tap dance to log in everytime to acc and ticketmaster..but fork it. I got my tickets.

I go to transfer them to my friend's..okay.. ...wait ###... they also have to have the acc and ticket master apps. I apologize for the hassle to them but they do it and I transfer the tickets.

Now if I want to give the tickets to my #1wife and kids, they also have to get the acc and Ticketmaster apps.

If I want to save them on my phone I have to have google pay/ wallet or some junk I want no part of.

This whole process seems like a pyramid scheme for apps. Anyway, least I got some bojangles gift cards. I can eat some spicy chicken while I cry about it.

Anyway.... i want to just screen shot the tickets and text them to my wife and kids.. The email said screen shots wont be accepted.

How will they know the difference between the screen shot and the google wallet?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: More whining about the acc champ ticket

Dec 5, 2019, 10:52 AM

Swoff can make you install a bunch of apps but cant get the biggest cable carrier to pick up the ACC network. Sounds about right

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stuff like this is why I do not carry a cell phone. So, from

Dec 5, 2019, 10:54 AM

what I have read, this in actuality means that I could not go to the game, since I would have no way to show them a "digital" ticket. Is that actually right? Seems like dinosaur discrimination to meeza.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what about those who saved tix stubs as momento's?

Dec 5, 2019, 10:57 AM

are they now left to frame and display old cell phones? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup...

Dec 5, 2019, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Stuff like this is why I do not carry a cell phone. So, from ]

as I understand it, no paper tickets will be accepted. Everything is electronic.

The intent is to eliminate the scammers who are selling counterfeit paper tickets. It was a real problem a few years ago, especially the print at home variety. Scalpers were printing multiple copies of the same tickets and selling them to unsuspecting fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Yep - brings back cold chill recollection of me being there

Dec 5, 2019, 10:55 AM

a couple of years ago.

Is total crap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Any geeks out there who can answer the OPs question?:

Dec 5, 2019, 10:56 AM

How will the scanner know the difference between a screenshot ticket and the same ticket brought up with the app?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Syracuse was all electronic as well...

Dec 5, 2019, 10:59 AM

and they accepted tickets from their app as well as screenshots.

All the scanners needed to see was the barcode.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any geeks out there who can answer the OPs question?:

Dec 5, 2019, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Any geeks out there who can answer the OPs question?: ]

The barcode is protected so it wouldn't work on a print out or screenshot. Also the barcode could change rendering the screenshot/print out useless.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, a screen shot should work just fine. Just like the

Dec 5, 2019, 11:46 AM

airport. But to get the screen shot, you have to go to the site and get your ticket. You could forward the screen shot to someone, but that would leave an electronic trail. Certainly someone will fall for it, but it won't be easy to hide.

Re: Any geeks out there who can answer the OPs question?:

Dec 5, 2019, 12:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Any geeks out there who can answer the OPs question?: ]

Correct. I read somewhere that the bar code will periodically change for all "tickets".

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would seem to make the most sense. (I'm not saying the

Dec 5, 2019, 4:04 PM

idea makes sense - but that is a way for the technology to work...)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once a ticket is used once, any other attempts won't work.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Any geeks out there who can answer the OPs question?: ]

Pretty simple really.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

you left out the multiple notifications the ACC sends out

Dec 5, 2019, 11:15 AM

daily, the ACC app will be deleted as soon as the game ends, they are almost as bad as the Clemson Online Store...Don't ever buy anything from them, they will spam you 5 or 6 times a day, 7 days a week

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if you have iPhones you can save to wallet and txt them***

Dec 5, 2019, 11:16 AM

Google wallet works too.***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:51 PM

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:38 AM

Wow. Sounds like work. I will watch at a Clemson Bar down the street her in Florida. Have a good time and Clemson appreciates you real fans.

OK Boomer

Dec 5, 2019, 11:40 AM

suck it up and get with the 21st century or ask one of your grandkids how to use a smartphone ;)

Re: OK Boomer

Dec 5, 2019, 11:46 AM

I have an iphone and I have had no problem transferring them or getting the tickets on my phone. I would like to know that if I did not have a phone would I be allowed to attend the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope, you or someone in your party needs a smart phone

Dec 5, 2019, 11:47 AM

that's just the way it is these days.

Saw a girl with purple hair wearing an OK Boomer shirt

Dec 5, 2019, 11:47 AM [ in reply to OK Boomer ]

yesterday. It's what we deserve for being the generation that handed out trophies to everyone. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

The real truth is that they want to advertise and sell your

Dec 5, 2019, 11:50 AM

contact information.

A printed ticket has a bar code and is no more or less reliable than an app or screen shot. Once the first person uses it, there will be an issue if another person uses it.

The problem with apps - as personally witnessed at Levi Stadium when trying to board the train after the game - is that if the app shuts down or the airwaves are too crowded (think Clemson any football Saturday) the app won't work. Then what?

I live and breathe technology but sometime at the very least you need a back-up plan.

Nailed it.***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:10 PM

Re: The real truth is that they want to advertise and sell your

Dec 5, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to The real truth is that they want to advertise and sell your ]

It said somewhere, in the email or the app,to open your ticket before you get there to prevent that from happening.

That is the future.

Dec 5, 2019, 11:54 AM

My dad tries to live his life with out a credit or debit card. There are times he cannot make a purchase because a vendor cannot accept cash or check.

How did you get your Bojangles cards and hats?

Dec 5, 2019, 11:56 AM

How did you get your Bojangles cards and hats? I haven't seen mine.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got an email yesterday with a barcode to print off for the

Dec 5, 2019, 12:02 PM

hats and gift card.

Found it in my spam folder. Glad I asked and you answered.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:27 PM

nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ready - you'll need an app for Clemson tix soon too.***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:03 PM

That's fine...

Dec 5, 2019, 12:34 PM

provide the University is prepared to do something to significantly improve the cell signal around Death Valley. Things being as they are, it would NEVER work properly.

Works fine at NFL stadiums, NBA & NHL, and MLB in Spring.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:46 PM

Clemson will be fine. If your phone doesn't work, you can always just go print one and stand in a longe line.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:22 PM

The barcode changes periodically likely right before the game And other random preset times. So unless you take a screenshot directly before you walk in the game, the barcode may have been changed internally.

The app changes the code in your phone and on the accepting scanners at the same time.

Nope, not how it works.***

Dec 5, 2019, 12:50 PM

Re: Nope, not how it works.***

Dec 5, 2019, 5:20 PM

????

Within 2 years all major events will be paperless.

Dec 5, 2019, 12:49 PM

NFL has the capability now, but not all are doing so this year.

Starting in a year or two you will just need to have your ticket in your Google or Apple wallet, no need to even take phone out of pocket - and you will enter the stadium.

Dec 5, 2019, 6:24 PM

I see you have no problems using the Tinder app.
:)

Dec 5, 2019, 6:40 PM

https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/16/ticketmaster-put-an-end-to-screenshots-with-new-digital-ticket-technology/

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic