Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Middle of the Hill kept separated
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Middle of the Hill kept separated

Sep 24, 2019, 1:03 PM

I kinda liked the hill carpet being left and the two side remaining separate. Makes the hill easier to fill and remain filled, and it’s nice to give a constant reminder of our entrance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Middle of the Hill kept separated

Sep 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

On television it looked good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

It also gives the kicker a nice aim point on that end of

Sep 24, 2019, 1:08 PM

the field. We could even make it an offensive weapon, fill it in when the other team is going that way. I'm sure there would be some obscure rule against that, though. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It also gives the kicker a nice aim point on that end of

Sep 24, 2019, 3:42 PM

They could leave it open and do like some schools do when the opposing teams are shooting free throws. Parade some silly distracting character out there to throw the shooter (in this case kicker) off from his mark. lol

For the Miami games, it would be easy. Just have some

Sep 24, 2019, 4:42 PM

yo-yo stationed wide right wearing a turnover chain. The kicker would aim right at it for shore. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It also gives the kicker a nice aim point on that end of

Sep 24, 2019, 5:17 PM [ in reply to Re: It also gives the kicker a nice aim point on that end of ]

A drunken slurrier (we'll get the Dr Pepper guy), with his moobs out, rides a unicycle down the hill and crashes, spilling Natty Lite cans everywhere. It could be our thing - no kicker would ever clear a FG on that side.

I agree. I thought it emphasized the tradition even more.

Sep 24, 2019, 3:32 PM

I would like to see it kept clear in the future.

Re: I agree. I thought it emphasized the tradition even more.

Sep 24, 2019, 4:25 PM

I would like to have a couple of tigers roaming the Hill. Fencing optional.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 3:39 PM

I noticed the carpet remained in place after our team ran down the field and then realized it was left in place for the filming for the movie during half time. I assumed it was left in place after half time because the crew that normally rolls it down the hill were engaged with other activities

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 24, 2019, 4:28 PM

It wasn’t left in place. Once the actor Tigers ran down the hill at halftime, it was rolled up and the hill was free range again

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic