Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Maybe it's just me...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Maybe it's just me...

Nov 2, 2020, 9:31 AM

but why would Dabo publicly announce that TL would not play against Notre Dame?

If I'm the coach, there is no way in He!! I share this information. Make Notre Dame prepare for one or both QB's.

If you're going to announce it, just wait until pregame warm-ups.

C'mon man !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Maybe it's just me...

Nov 2, 2020, 9:33 AM

He probably doesn't want the constant distraction of being asked.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 9:35 AM

which is easily solved by saying we arent going to answer that and ignoring those who do

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm betting Dabo is a terrible poker player.***

Nov 2, 2020, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe it's just me... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think somebody would have found out this week?

Nov 2, 2020, 9:36 AM

Come on, man... Besides, letting the team know the situation they're dealt from the start has it's advantages all week long.

It eliminates all the funky press speculation that would have been hanging over the program.

Either way, WE GOT THIS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How differently do you prepare for TL vs DJU?

Nov 2, 2020, 9:49 AM

Not a coaching guru so I seriously don't know.

Do we change our offense that much when for one vs the other? Of course you'll try to take advantage of DJU's inexperience, but we'll be running the same offensive scheme.

Due to our WR's being out, most teams have, in part, stacked the box. That probably won't change. I'd think the bigger question would be who will be starting at WR and LB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 10:03 AM

Notre Dame is playing by the same COVID protocols as Clemson and is well aware that you are not eligible to play the 1st day you get out of isolation.

He told media and fans something they didn't know, but he didn't give Notre Dame any information that they didn't already have.

I think the bigger cards to play close to the vest are whether or not Davis, Jones, Ladson and Ngata can play.

I think having Ladson out changes the way defenses will defend Amari because while our other WRs are good, they don't have the scary speed of Ladson to produce the big play.

Problem with drops or not, Ladson has to be respected when he in on the field at full speed.

I also think Davis and Jones being on the field for the defense could slightly adjust ND's plan on offense, but not nearly as big of an adjustment.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good assessment !!!***

Nov 2, 2020, 10:26 AM

Two reasons:

Nov 2, 2020, 10:14 AM

1. Showing his confidence in DJ.
2. Showing that he’s willing to be careful with Trevor’s health and following all the protocols.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 10:26 AM

Maybe because he can

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic