Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lyn-J..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Lyn-J..

Oct 31, 2020, 9:28 PM

the young man couldn’t get a yard today to save his soul.

Usually good for a decent run when needed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Runs too high

Oct 31, 2020, 9:29 PM

My grandson could tackle him....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Runs too high

Nov 1, 2020, 7:22 AM

Runs too soft. When he isn’t going sideways he tip toes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only good when there’s a hole made by the line, otherwise

Oct 31, 2020, 9:31 PM

Bounces outside and goes horizontally

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only good when there’s a hole made by the line, otherwise

Nov 1, 2020, 7:26 AM

The only hole the line made yesterday was on ETN's TD run in the 4th quarter. It was also the only time all day that I recall us lining up and just hat on hat blocking. The zone blocking stretch plays just haven't seemed to work this year for the most part and certainly don't work for Dixon. Dixon needs to have a hole to hit. If he doesn't he tries to bounce outside like Spiller used to do, but he doesn't have Spiller's God given ability.

Honestly a bit disappointed he hasn’t stepped up

Oct 31, 2020, 9:31 PM

He looked great when spelling ETN last year, with great burst. This year he can’t seem to get going.

Re: Lyn-J..

Oct 31, 2020, 9:32 PM

Much like TE9 it's hard to get going when you are getting tackled nearly as soon as you get it. No doubt our OL could help with Lynn J's number of yards! These guys didn't forget how to be awesome RB's. We just changed out 4 very good OL for new ones and those guys seem to be better at pass blocking than run blocking! Maybe put the young guys in on running downs as often young OL are just good at plowing and not so savvy at pass blocking. IDK - something to get these guys some creases!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2020, 9:39 PM

I hope we can see the OL move it up a notch. I was worried that they would not be able to protect DJ today but they really did a good job in that regard. None of the RBs had much of a chance today. That needs to get better quickly.

ETN was magnificent as a receiver today. We thought that he would be involved in the passing game and he was... big time. 140 yards.

Nov 1, 2020, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Lyn-J.. ]

It’s been the same story the entire year on the OL with no sign of getting better at run blocking 2/3 of the way through the season. TBH I think this is as good as they are going to be this year and hopefully they can improve in the offseason and be good next year.

You need to have ETN level talent to run behind this OL***

Oct 31, 2020, 9:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uhh ... ETN is way off from the last couple of years, so

Oct 31, 2020, 10:13 PM

he's not exactly tearing it up behind this O-line either. When the best RB in the country, in Clemson history, and in ACC history, has only cracked 100 yds 2 times all year, it should tell you just how bad it is.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Goodgodamighty ....

Oct 31, 2020, 10:08 PM

What do people expect from him? On the one play everybody was raising #### about, the O-linemen was shoved straight back into him, and when he tried to get around him, there was a defender right there in the backfield! He had nowhere to go! There was never a hole to hit, just a wall. Granted. Lyn J is and never will be a power back; he's a cheetah not a rhinoceros, but he's proven to be highly effective when he has some blocking. He nor Etienne have had any of that this year; our O-line has been pathetic in the run game.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Goodgodamighty ....

Oct 31, 2020, 11:35 PM

Mic drop

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: Goodgodamighty ....

Nov 1, 2020, 8:57 AM

Good running backs are patient and can side step and still keep moving forward When an O-Linemen gets pushed back . LJ doesn’t seem to have that ability. Not very shifty with any quickness.

Kobe..

Oct 31, 2020, 11:52 PM

He is the most solid back behind ETN. I think they are missing Dukes potential, he is really good as pass catcher and outside, not a pounder/slasher up the middle. He only gets touches in last quarter but I have seen him take over games and rush for 300yds. We are missing Dukes

Nov 1, 2020, 1:58 AM

He doesn’t seem to get great blocking, but also goes down quick after contact. If one of the 15 3rd stringers could step up, that would be great.

Such a shame to lose Bowman, I think he probably would have ended up as #2 at some time this year.

Run blocking and this O Line

Nov 1, 2020, 7:25 AM

Are not familiar with each other.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic