Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Long convo with a Bama fan last night about Dabo leaving
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Long convo with a Bama fan last night about Dabo leaving

Mar 17, 2017, 10:14 AM

to take Sabans place, when the time comes. He was most sure of it. I, on the other hand, think he stays for a looooong time. Do you think different and why?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who in their right mind would want to follow in Saban's

Mar 17, 2017, 10:15 AM

shoes?

null

Never follow a legend***

Mar 17, 2017, 10:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who in their right mind would want to follow in Saban's

Mar 17, 2017, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Who in their right mind would want to follow in Saban's ]

Man that would be painful. He must wear a women's size 6. Would hurt like heck.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Who in their right mind would want to follow in Saban's ]

Or could fit in them..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not someone who saw how they treated his first coach...

Mar 17, 2017, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Who in their right mind would want to follow in Saban's ]

Dabo started his career under Bill Curry. Remember how patient and kind the Alabama faithful were to that guy trying to coach in the shadow of The Bear?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 17, 2017, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Who in their right mind would want to follow in Saban's ]

Well if they were to follow in the shoes of Nick Saban , they would likely need to cut off the toe sections .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Long convo with a Bama fan last night about Dabo leaving

Mar 17, 2017, 10:18 AM

Only Dabo knows... stay tuned to find out.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:20 AM

Dabo is too smart for that , plus I doubt Kathlene or his boys lost anything in Alabama .

Dabo's not going anywhere....

Mar 17, 2017, 10:22 AM

Have you seen the house he's building?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

No, what's the street address?***

Mar 17, 2017, 10:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Pigs?***

Mar 17, 2017, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Dabo's not going anywhere.... ]

Hope it doesn't have a FOR SALE sign in front!***

Mar 17, 2017, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Dabo's not going anywhere.... ]

Can you check with Gregg Marshall to see if he has

Mar 17, 2017, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Dabo's not going anywhere.... ]

any insight on this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

He's a little busy this weekend...

Mar 17, 2017, 12:20 PM

but I'll be glad to check with him early next week if you'd like.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think he'll be a little busy after this weekend?***

Mar 17, 2017, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Probably not as busy***

Mar 17, 2017, 12:35 PM

20,000 square feet with a full length basketball

Mar 17, 2017, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Dabo's not going anywhere.... ]

court in the basement... and MANY more amenities included. Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

I would be shocked if it happened.***

Mar 17, 2017, 10:27 AM

null

Plus..Bammer's got no Slide, HiLL, Rock or

Mar 17, 2017, 10:38 AM

PAW!

NOoo..as Phyllis of Bama Rammer would say!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 17, 2017, 10:40 AM

Like the rest of you, I have no clue what Dabo's intentions are. Having said that, he has built this program into what it is now. He inherited an average team and below average facilities and now everything is top notch. The west endzone thing was already planned without his doing but the rest is his doing. Plus going in behind saban would be a tough thing to do. I just find it hard to believe that he would walk away from what he's built Clemson football into. Bama is already built and rockin and rolling. At Clemson, he's the big man on campus, the head honcho, he calls his own shots and has earned it. People idolize him around here. He's a loyal guy. I just don't see it. I guess for them it's just leaving one program for another. They don't see how everything has evolved and grown into what it is now at Clemson all because of Dabo. Just my 2 cents.

Mar 17, 2017, 10:40 AM

Dabo IS Clemson..

Mar 17, 2017, 10:53 AM

Alabama is just jealous because they now know we have a better coach. Why would Dabo leave what he built here?

Deck stacked against whoever replaces the smurf. Same as it

Mar 17, 2017, 10:58 AM

was for Ford's replacement. Success is possible, but not likely. just as Bear's replacements.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's staying for no other reason that he'd never be able

Mar 17, 2017, 10:59 AM

to sell the 21,000 square foot house he's building in Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Brownell could afford it with his buyout money.***

Mar 17, 2017, 7:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

A week before the CFP Championship game this year

Mar 17, 2017, 12:25 PM

I ran into some rather arrogant Alabama fans at a restaurant. We were chatting about the game (they gave us NO chance to win) and such and they brought up the subject of Dabo taking the job when Saban leaves. These particular people crassly informed me that they "don't want Dabo." I said, "Interesting. Who do you want?"

They said, "we want Kiffin."

Wow. Ok.

I really wish I would run into them again wearing my National Champions shirt...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its pure arrogance. They can't even fathom Dabo not wanting the job.

Mar 17, 2017, 12:25 PM

When the time comes who knows what will happen but I just find it funny that every Alabama fan I talk with is so absolutely sure Dabo would go there

Clemson Job > Bama Job Right Now

Mar 17, 2017, 12:35 PM

Program on the Rise.....Bama is plateauing as everyone knows Saban is only going to do this so long. Clemson has the ability to pay like Bama if top 5 consistent performance continues.

Now 3 years down the road who knows, but I would bet $ if Bama came knocking in 2017 or 2018 even another $2M/year won't get Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is not gonna leave the great program and culture he's

Mar 17, 2017, 12:44 PM

built here...he's been here a long time and this is home for him and his family...Bamer will have about as much chance getting Dabo to leave Clemson as they would have had getting Danny to leave which is close to zero

Re: Dabo is not gonna leave the great program and culture he's

Mar 17, 2017, 6:54 PM

Dabo's sons will play at Clemson.

Every fan leaving Raymond James said the same thing....

Mar 17, 2017, 12:59 PM

and adamant about it too.

I think it is bad news trying to be "the man" to replace "THE MAN."

Dabo has built his own thing here. Something I am sure he takes pride in. I think at the least, Dabo wants to school his children and never leave on any bad terms. So, if Saban is gone in less than 5 or so years, Dabo doesn't go. If all kids are done, or close, in school, he has a couple of bad seasons in a row he might. IMO anyway. Which isn't worth much FYI

hth

Mar 17, 2017, 5:11 PM

Saban inherited a Corvette with a flat tire and restored it into a better Corvette.

Dabo inherited a used Mustang and turned it into a new Corvette.

Dabo built this program and the University has given him no leash and a blank check. We are still on the rise and have many more things he can achieve over the next 10 years.

Saban wont last that long, and he is at the top. He is going to either quit in a few years while he is ahead (my guess would be after beating Bear Bryant's record), or he is going to stay as long as possible, grow old and stuck in his ways, and run the program into the ground out of frustration ala Bobby Bowden. The only thing is, Bobby was followed by Jimbo who has done well.

Could Dabo inherit enough power and recruits at Bama to bring the program back to Saban sustainability? Its possible. He'll be living on Saban's leftover recruits and reputation. But he'll be inheriting a Corvette designed to be driven by Saban, not anyone else. The culture change in transitioning from Saban to Dabo is huge, the personality, ideals, and moral differences between those two is like comparing Germany to China. Dabo's jovial, fun loving, family man personality is not one that gels well at Alabama, being a Bama native I know this very well. Not to mention, Bama has the strictest win expectation in the country for anyone that follows Saban. Either you win a natty in 2 years with a playoff berth your 1st year, or you're gone.

Dabo has everything he can and would ever want at Clemson with infinite potential in front of him.

Mar 17, 2017, 6:58 PM

> Saban inherited a Corvette with a flat tire and
> restored it into a better Corvette.
>
> Dabo inherited a used Mustang and turned it into a
> new Corvette.
>

Dabo inherited a Pinto, at best. Now it's a Lambo.

Have to agree with Kirk Herbstreit

Mar 17, 2017, 7:30 PM

Dabo ain't leaving what he has built here. This is his creation and Clemson has given Dabo what he needs to succeed. Money is not what drives Dabo. Clemson is the total package and Clemson is what Dabo believes in. Academics, Championships and young men with Character.

Don't forget a school who will allow him to express his

Mar 17, 2017, 9:48 PM

Christianity.

Mar 17, 2017, 8:07 PM

Did you verify with an Auburn fan?

Mar 17, 2017, 9:59 PM

Alabama may be heaven for a lot of coaches. But there's only one Dabo...and 'Bama's where he went to school...his heart is with his wife, family and Clemson. Dabo made Clemson...and Clemson made Dabo. Unbreakable bond.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic