Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU has been lighting it up on offense all year.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

LSU has been lighting it up on offense all year.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:24 PM

Oklahoma's defense basically surrendered to the fact that Burrow was going to light them up. Watched an Xs and Os video on youtube where it broke down LSUs offense and Oklahoma was basically playing soft coverage all day and allowing easy touchdowns, it was almost like they didn't even watch film and prepare and their DBs were badly undersized compared to LSUs receivers. I have been watching LSU all year and they have been doing this to pretty much everybody except Auburn strangely enough. If Auburn had a competent coach on offense, they would have probably beaten LSU but this is the closest anyone has got. Georgia's defense who is just as talented as Auburns still gave up 37 points. They have been doing this to pretty much everyone and no defensive coordinator in all of college football has come up with a gameplan to stop or even slow Burrow and this offense. Burrow has passed for 55 TD passes this year and is on pace to break Colt McCoy's completion percentage record and he makes it look so easy. I would say the best bet to beat LSU is to go toe to toe with them on offense but if LSU puts up the same numbers theyve been putting up all year, the offense will have to score nearly everytime they have the ball. Oklahoma and Georgia got the ball first and did absolutely nothing and LSU scored when they punted away to them and it was basically over after that since by the time Oklahoma and Georgia got it going on offense, they were already down 21 points and LSU would not relent at all. The defense was able to slow down Ohio state in the second half but Justin Fields holds the ball much much longer than Joe Burrow does, he is a special player. Burrow always finds an open man when someone is open, he does not turn the ball over and is masterful at extending a play and turning a loss or a sack into a big gain or a touchdown. It is a good thing that CVB has 2 weeks to prepare because he will need to come up with a game plan that no other DC in football has been able to do all year. I wish last year's defensive line was playing in this game because that would be fun to watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congrats corn dog. The Big 12 does not play defense and hasn’t played defense for years***

Dec 31, 2019, 8:28 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BTW how many key starters were they missing?

Dec 31, 2019, 8:30 PM

Re: BTW how many key starters were they missing?

Dec 31, 2019, 8:34 PM

it's not just oklahoma lol, they been doing it all year.

the corn dogs think they are going to win

Dec 31, 2019, 8:36 PM

The Tigers know they are going to win. That's the difference between champions and chumps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Re: BTW how many key starters were they missing? ]

You will be one sad tigar fan come January 14. Make sure we CU back back here the day after the game. 42-30 Clemson will win.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:41 PM

Not an LSU fan lol

You're not an LSU fan? Why are you here?***

Jan 1, 2020, 1:52 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:49 PM [ in reply to Re: BTW how many key starters were they missing? ]

Auburn comes to mind for some reason.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I seem to remember an offense that had been doing it all year last year too***

Dec 31, 2019, 9:09 PM [ in reply to Re: BTW how many key starters were they missing? ]

Yeah, I wish Clemson had an offense.

Dec 31, 2019, 8:41 PM

Hope they allow us to forfeit.

Re: LSU has been lighting it up on offense all year.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:05 PM

Clemson

Dec 31, 2019, 9:14 PM

LSU must have a great English department. Ever heard of paragraphs, commas, etc.

Dec 31, 2019, 9:15 PM

shut the hell up, you LSU fans are trash

That's much easier to do...

Dec 31, 2019, 11:14 PM

when all of your starters are still playing well into the 4th quarter even though the outcome of the game is no longer even remotely in doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:31 PM

Do you pee your pants when you are scared?

This has to be the worst formatted post on Tigernet of all

Jan 1, 2020, 1:49 AM

time. Congrats.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Jan 1, 2020, 3:20 AM

Buckeyes had averaged 48.3 ppg this season against that " tough " schedule they were so braggy about . We clipped that by more than half .
Giving LSU the home benefit and maybe a fluke play or so , I would be taken completely by surprise if they could score 30 against Clemson's defense .

My thoughts on Burrow and the Tigers from Louisiana is that they are a very good football team who have beaten some very good football teams this year and they'll be a handful for Clemson .

I bet we do though . Lawrence and Etienne should have big games and we know that BV gonna BV .

37-30 Clemson .
Welcome to 30-0

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jan 1, 2020, 4:57 AM

I don't know everyone on this board thinks we will keep them to less than 20 points.

I didn't watch the auburn game but I suspect it was because Auburn's dline disrupted burrow consistently and that has been the only team that's been able to do that. If we had last year's dline this wouldn't even be a conversation. But this year we have been challenged.

I do think BV will bring more heat than we did against OSU. He knew we could have max backfield protect against fields and win. With LSU we can't. We need to bring pressure and have our DBs win 1-1

I do think the gameplan will be similar. Give up field until the 25 and then lock down. That is BV's formula in playoffs

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic