Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Kirby Smart presser - SEC Champ this season should automatically be Nat Champ..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Kirby Smart presser - SEC Champ this season should automatically be Nat Champ..

Aug 29, 2020, 6:19 PM

I about drove off the road when I heard him say it. But, he did say it.

Said playing an all SEC 10 game schedule and then the SEC Title game a team should be automatic National Champions.

Look, I am biased. I admit it. I think the SEC is worlds better than any other conference and other teams are only in the playoffs because of their schedule and lack of attrition playing it, BUT I think Kirby was way off base here and I suspect he will receive criticism all over for saying it.

I sometimes think Kirby says things to just stir controversy or it may be related to a recruiting ploy.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirby Smart presser - SEC Champ this season should automatically be Nat Champ..

Aug 29, 2020, 6:24 PM

No one really cares what he says. If someone like Nick Saban or Ed Orgeron said it people would pay more attention. Winners.

Re: Kirby Smart presser - SEC Champ this season should automatically be Nat Champ..

Aug 29, 2020, 6:28 PM

very true but the occasional confirmation that he is much dumber than he looks is nice

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 6:29 PM

I agree whole heartily,if the SEC were the only league playing.
If on the other hand it's the SEC and the ACC then the two league champions should meet.
Then if it's the Big 12,the SEC and the ACC then of course the SEC should have two teams and they should be pitted against each other in a semi final game assuring at least one gets to the National Championship game.
Seems fair to me.Any disagreement please call Paul Finebaum's show.

LOser of the SEC will be the team from the East

Aug 29, 2020, 6:29 PM

After Bama beats UGA in the Season, UGA is OUT of the PLayoff Picture

Re: LOser of the SEC will be the team from the East

Aug 29, 2020, 10:29 PM

Bama? Heck even USCjr beats UGA.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree. I also think whoever

Aug 29, 2020, 6:30 PM

gets the most votes from the southern states should be president as well. Screw those other states.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 6:30 PM

Kirby is trying to go back to the BCS days when the SEC did not have to earn it. He is scared. What a stupid comment but he is not the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.

I disagree that the SEC is heads and tails above any conference. Is it the highest caliber football conference top to bottom. Yes. Far and away? No.

Last time I checked we have won 3 since UGA won their last one.

Kirby may be visualizing that Natty Trophy he had in his hand until..

Aug 29, 2020, 6:49 PM

some leftie threw a bomb & caused his proud Dawgs & fans to leave the stadium crying.

But, i will say that was a tough & emotional loss since Georgia had a pretty dang good team & was seconds away from their 2nd natty.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Kirby, the road to the Natty goes through CLEMSON***

Aug 29, 2020, 6:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 6:52 PM

Worlds Better? That greatness is not reflected in the last 60 games the SEC has played against the ACC. I know the SEC teams did not want to be there. I know the SEC teams had been beaten up by their league schedules. I know all those games were the game of the season for ACC teams and an afterthought to the SEC teams. Still, if the SEC was worlds better the outcome of those 60 games should not have been a 30-30 tie between the two leagues. But the score matters.
Over 60 games featuring many teams from both leagues your league turned out to be no better than the ACC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 6:53 PM

Worlds Better? That greatness is not reflected in the last 60 games the SEC has played against the ACC. I know the SEC teams did not want to be there. I know the SEC teams had been beaten up by their league schedules. I know all those games were the game of the season for ACC teams and an afterthought to the SEC teams. Still, if the SEC was worlds better the outcome of those 60 games should not have been a 30-30 tie between the two leagues. But the score matters.
Over 60 games featuring many teams from both leagues your league turned out to be no better than the ACC.

Aug 29, 2020, 6:55 PM

The more Kirby opens his mouth the more I tend to believe his surname is a misnomer.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 7:09 PM

Or his middle name is Notso

Aug 29, 2020, 7:03 PM

Howzabout beat the coots??? Dude is clueless. The dude is Kirby.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kirby "Chokemaster" Smart Has No Credibility In Nat Champ

Aug 29, 2020, 7:05 PM

Matters. His head coaching tenure is characterized by under performance and epic wasting of talent. What a fool that silly visor-wearing Chad is.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 7:08 PM

Someone needs tot tell him the Nat’l Championship goes through Clemson, not the conf he’s in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attrition Argument is The Dumbest Case Ever to Be Made

Aug 29, 2020, 7:09 PM

So you are saying that allegedly playing a tough schedule hurts a team. Total crap, playing a tough schedule makes you a better team as your players better their skills from playing top competition. By your logic all football teams should not even practice so they don't get worn out. Silly Dawg...go troll the GT boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC, hmmm, lemme see if this maff quasion helps:

Aug 29, 2020, 7:13 PM

Clemson>North Carolina>South Carolina>Georgia!!

I couldn’t figger out how to work Appalachian State’s win over North AND South Carolina in the > as Clemson didn’t play APP St?

Everyone knows the “SEC East is the least!” So, maybe skip the SEC Champ game and just have the SEC West play Clemson for the Natty?

Go Tigers!

Kirby’s new nickname should be “Notso”

Aug 29, 2020, 7:22 PM

Because he has proven time and again that he’s Notso Smart.

Re: SEC, hmmm, lemme see if this maff quasion helps:

Aug 29, 2020, 7:22 PM [ in reply to SEC, hmmm, lemme see if this maff quasion helps: ]

Kirby needs to change his last name. It does not apply.

Aug 29, 2020, 7:23 PM

...or maybe he's just not very smart.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Aug 29, 2020, 7:24 PM

Vanderbilt. Arky. Coots. Kentucky. Ole Miss. Mizzou. aTm. Miss State. UTjr since the '90s. - not exactly murderer's row. Florida hasn't exactly been great, but they are on the upswing.

Too funny.

Aug 29, 2020, 7:27 PM

The most overrated crapola that comes from the SEC is that the games are harder and the players are more physically beat up. That is laughable. Yes, they may have more good teams, but all games are hard physically on all players. Some dude from Wake Forest is going to hit you as hard as some guy from Mississippi State or Auburn. They may not be as good a player but they hit hard. Pure garbage.

Aug 29, 2020, 7:46 PM

Brain malfunction.

^^Nope...

Aug 29, 2020, 7:59 PM

Need to have a brain to have a malfunction. No evidence supports the presence of a brain in 'da Kirb'.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2020, 7:56 PM

Where did you hear Kirby Smart say this?

I think Kirb's already amassed plenty of evidence that his

Aug 29, 2020, 8:52 PM

surname was a cruelly sarcastic joke on his medieval ancestor.

Aug 29, 2020, 8:58 PM

He says it because he fears the monster at the end of the book. The monster this year has a 4 man D line and won’t have to piece together a strategy because of no D line depth. That, in turn, gives Trevor, Travis and the boys more possessions per game.

Obvious football acumen...***

Aug 30, 2020, 2:18 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, u ain’t gettin away that easy buddy

Aug 29, 2020, 9:00 PM

I will say tho that when u talk to most bulldog fans, this would be the general consensus and has been for years. They don’t tend to live outside their bubble much.

Because nothing says national champ like beating

Aug 29, 2020, 9:01 PM

Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt! Wow, that's seven of the ten right there.

Our two most recent national championships were EARNED, not TALKED INTO BEING, by beating an SEC team that was 14-0 both times. Glad that Bama team only won 8 SEC games by double digits instead of two more for ten, thereby making them an automatic national champ.

I think the SEC talk finally jumped the shark with that Kirby comment. I know it's hard to question the wisdom of Kirby, the man who ordered the fake punt from his own 40 with two minutes to go before overtime with Bama. Why pin Bama deep and put them in a position to have toplay conservative in the shadow of their own goalpost. Why basically force them to have to take a knee and go to overtime, when you can give them the game by turning the ball over on downs inside your own 45. I know it is extremely hard to question the wisdom of someone with that on their resume.

Talk is cheap!

Aug 29, 2020, 9:13 PM

I would side with Kirby is really that stupid!!!

"...I think Kirby says things to just stir controversy..."

Aug 29, 2020, 9:34 PM

You are vastly over estimating Kirby's brain: would it shock you if his actual IQ was in the 80's?

Aug 29, 2020, 10:19 PM

Listen , Kirby has obviously, and painstakingly for UGA fans, proven himself to be a DA...it’s fine to be a DA in Society as long as you are great at your craft...your kind will give you a pass in that scenario...the problem is...he has shown himself to be a DA in his craft (we won’t get into his calls in certain situations) ... he can’t help what he said...he knows he will never win a Natty unless it’s absolutely given to him by default...Nick tried to give him one once upon a time but Kirby pissed himself so many times in the moment that even Nick got fed up with him and decided to go ahead and win it!!! Stupid is as stupid does!!! It’s really that simple when it comes to Kirby!!!

Aug 29, 2020, 10:27 PM

He lost to a South Carolina team that had to play a wr at qb most of the game. Kirby does less with more than any coach in the country. He's a great recruiter but a #### head coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He must hang around the guys at my office... they say the

Aug 29, 2020, 10:37 PM

exact same dumb %&#@ every year.... "sec champ should automatically be in championship game.... 2 sec teams should automatically be in the playoffs... SEC never loses to ACC teams... the top 3 SEC teams could beat at least half the NFL teams... blah blah blah"

Aug 29, 2020, 10:50 PM

~JKB

The SECheat has always thought their crap didn't stink, butt

Aug 30, 2020, 8:11 AM

that's a Hole 'nother level of arrogant delusion right there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2020, 8:41 AM

Do Less With More U , Kirby thinks he should win trophies for recruiting because he can’t coach.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic