Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Stop!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Just Stop!

Jan 7, 2020, 6:22 PM

I think some of you are looking for something that you're just not going to find, and in doing so, you make the rest of our fan base look whiney and like we've never been here before. I dont expect the national sports media to give us props and especially not the SECN or Paul Finebaum. I dont expect anyone outside of our immediate fan base to root us on. If you do, you're just living in a fantasy world. If we win monday night, whether it's close or not, you will hear how our weak schedule kept us fresh, or any of the other "reasons" we won we've heard in the past. Should we lose, they'll say we didnt belong there etc. WE are all WE need. Their graciousness is not needed, especially their "Tongue-in-cheek" compliments. Respect is earned. Stop begging for the crumbs of adoration from biased sources. I'm so #### tired of some of you representing us all, the way you do. I was reared believing, "A Clemson man needs no introduction. " Your begging for attention is beneath most of us and is really disconcerting. Let the Trashy Tigers talk trash. I, for one, hold our team and fans to a higher standard. That is all.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Stop!

Jan 7, 2020, 6:23 PM

LOL, OKAY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Ummm..welcome to the party Rip Van Winkle.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:28 PM

It is the 21st century now. Enjoy your time here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ummm..welcome to the party Rip Van Winkle.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:01 PM

I've been TNet since 99....I see you just discover it in 14. Welcome to manhood, Junior.

You must've missed the Rip Van Winkle joke...

Jan 7, 2020, 9:15 PM

You have 43 whole posts since 1999...talk about taking things too serious.

Re: You must've missed the Rip Van Winkle joke...

Jan 7, 2020, 9:43 PM

Point being? I feel no need to validate my presence or always make my opinion known. You're entitled to your opinion and how and when you voice it. If you're insensed by my opinion, that is your right. But your sardonic response was unnecessary and shows a lack of maturity.....as does the whiners I addressed in my original post. That's MY opinion and it does not require anyone's approval.

Ok. Enjoy the game fella.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:12 PM

Jan 7, 2020, 6:42 PM

I hear ya’, but it’s just the way of the interwebs. There’s nothing different about our internet fans and other teams. I hope you don’t think all lsu fans are like what you see on tigerdroppings.

I thought it was funny though, that a lot of tosu fans in AZ were surprised that we were relatively normal people and not at all like they thought we would be, based on what they had seen in TNet.

Jan 7, 2020, 6:58 PM

Well said. But unfortunately you are preaching to the “look at me” generation. Their mommies and daddies told them they were special and everyone adored them. They are now out in the real world and can’t handle reality. So they throw temper tantrums if everyone doesn’t agree with them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 7, 2020, 10:21 PM

Man did you hit a Home Run! Great Post and you are correct the HS and College kids think you start out on top and you stay there. Life has some lessons for them in future.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

**hovers over 1972's pulse**

Jan 8, 2020, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Just Stop! ]

TU/TD ratio.... 12% up, 88% down

It's a shame Tnet bothers you so much.

Best wishes on your quest for happiness.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Jan 7, 2020, 7:33 PM

Dang you old fellers just gotta vent so.....go ahead and let it rip. I don't know why the "younger" generation always has to be the bad guys. I've got a son and think he is pretty darn smart, well put together both physically and mentally and probably going to have better success than I have had. Maybe I just trust my parenting more than some of you boys. Or maybe my (almost 50yo) old #### is one of those "younger" generations ya'll keep referring to. Either way, the younger generations of whiners you speak of were entitled by the law makers of your generation, just so you know who to actually cast the blame toward. Those men and women on Capital Hill, those older ones from 55-70, they changed all the culture and made it so that the world is accepted and encouraged to have such sensitive feelings. Just keep that in mind when you throw shade, Ole Fellers. It was your generation that entitled the "entitled". Your generation who was bought by votes to take prayer out of schools and the pledge and so on and so on. I love my father and grandfather but let's not get it twisted......you good ole boys caved and have some blame in the entitled punch that the "younger" generation drinks. I for one think that every generation gets smarter, faster and more proficient. Just because everyone does not work for 50 years with Sears to get the old gold watch at retirement, but rather changes companies and seeks advancement wherever the opportunity exists, doesn't make them entitled, rather it makes them proficient at looking out for their own good and their families'. Respectfully, get a glass of sweat tea, sit back and turn on Archie Bunker reruns and stay out of my son's way so he doesn't make you look bad with his endeavors. Also, spend more of your hard earned money to keep your seats and parking at Clemson, if you even go to games and contribute to IPTAY. I suspect you grip about that each year too. I too don't need any introduction and have nothing to say about LSU, BUT...... keep my son's or my generation out of it. You don't know me and clearly I doubt you would want to. Go Tigers, class of 95, 98.

^^Be quiet...

Jan 7, 2020, 7:47 PM

You Whipper-snapper! ;) You're just another 'wet behind the ears' young'un!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too verbose to read it all but kids would say, OK BOOMER! (;-)

Jan 7, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Just Stop! ]

Just pulling your chain - I’m from the 40s and love yelling: “Get off my lawn!”

Lots to unpack here...

Jan 7, 2020, 8:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Just Stop! ]

72 has been a Tnetter since 00 and I, since 99. I graduated in 89 and spent 23 yrs as a soldier, so I'm especially salty when it comes to whining. My life of service netted no gold watch and never included feelings of being owed anything. My kids are raised the same. If the shoe fits, it fits, and the guilty pig always squeals. Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt. As a Tnetter, I read a lot and comment rarely because each is entitled to their own opinion. My opinion: the FEW make the many look needy and weak. If you want to mix politics and football, I'm not your man, and I'm OK with that. Label me, Break Glass in Case of War. And yes, the newer generations are smart, but soft. It's fact not conjecture.

tldr***

Jan 7, 2020, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Just Stop! ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Jan 7, 2020, 10:23 PM

You seem angry . Is it the Iranians ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Germans******

Jan 7, 2020, 11:34 PM

Jan 7, 2020, 11:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jan 8, 2020, 12:06 AM

You say that respect is earned and in general, I agree. I’m not sure what more is needed to earn respect, though. LSU has one good season and have all the respect in the world. Clemson has 5 great seasons and still gets treated like the smelly cat. I agree that fans should just let the record speak for itself because I’m sick of seeing us called whiners, but they do have a valid point. Finebaum was telling Dabo to get a pacifier while simultaneously proving Dabo’s point by saying he should get back to him after he plays a real team. The whole thing is stupid.

Jan 8, 2020, 12:52 AM

A whiner whining about whining. Gotta love the world we live in don't ya? I know I do but maybe it's because I'm entitled. Who knows?

Jan 8, 2020, 12:58 AM

#### you whiney p*ssy

Jan 8, 2020, 1:20 AM

Ok, BOOOONMMERRRRRR

Remain.....CALM!!!!!***

Jan 8, 2020, 3:57 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hear, hear! Preach it brother!

Jan 8, 2020, 6:08 AM

An alarming percentage of our fans have become disillusioned and arrogant, and some have turned into absolute crybabies. It’s unfortunate, but we are beginning to act like the fans we hated from other teams who have been ultra successful. Except the crybabies...that’s all us and I don’t get it at all. Pathetic!

Jan 8, 2020, 9:14 AM

WOW, for a thread entitled JUST STOP !

there sure is a lot of ranting going on.

And it's only Wednesday. I don't know how we are all going to make it to Monday.

I hope all of y'all get a chance to go outside today and enjoy this incredible planet. That always makes me feel better and gives me a bit of perspective.

Have a good 'un and Geaux Clemson !!

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic