Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joey Galloway is still on that you dont need 6'4" recievers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Joey Galloway is still on that you dont need 6'4" recievers

Sep 8, 2019, 12:06 PM

Are all these ESPN's commentators that butthurt over Clemson doing something against what they believe can happen? But JG just keeps talking about it, here on cfb final , he still saying on the #2 play of the day, see a short reciever can make those plays, not 6'4" recievers, sayin it to Pollack cause Pollack was razing on him about Higgins streach catch being 6"4' , I know some of u guys hv seen it/ heard it....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joey Galloway is still on that you dont need 6'4" recievers

Sep 8, 2019, 12:10 PM

Galloway would actually know; he was a pure vert guy. He actually was one of the first guys to clock a 4.2 at the NFL Combine back in the day.

You can still get it done as a burner like Galloway, or those Alabama guys. Of course, ideally, you'd like to have both speed and length, and Clemson's guys assuredly do.

Sep 8, 2019, 12:16 PM

I fully support Joey Galloway’s mission, to make sure the Bucknuts recruit smaller, weaker, slower wide receivers.

Tua & all those WRs were there for the NC... What happened?

Sep 8, 2019, 12:12 PM

Talk is cheap... Only thing that counts is what happens between the lines and the final score.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uh, because he was a small receiver.***

Sep 8, 2019, 12:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 12:25 PM

Height can’t be miss-timed on an under or overthrown ball.

A short receiver miss-times his jump, interception.

We can throw to our 6’4 guys covered or not and 90% they’ll either catch it or knock it away.

All it takes to beat a short receiver on long balls is a fast tall corner.

Sep 8, 2019, 12:34 PM

Yes, you may not need a 6'4" wideout...but we have them. Their size fits well with our offensive makeup. The staff recruits well enough that we have won the last two of three Natty's. 'Nuff said.

I would also remind JG that if he thinks he can do better than Dabo and his staff, then he needs to get out of the TV chair and into coaching.

Those who can coach. Those who can't talk about coaching.

Lulz. Lot of butthurt in this thread and

Sep 8, 2019, 12:48 PM

JG is kind of joking because he was a small receiver.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 8, 2019, 3:00 PM

I think people here are obsessed over 6'4 receivers. Height doesn't determine greatness.

Clemson is fortunate to have four legit NFL WR prospects who are 6'4. All are athletic, have speed, two are strong physical monsters (Ngata might be the 3rd) and they all are humble, hard workers who don't take anything for granted.

There are a lot of 6'4 receivers who aren't that good. There are great receivers who aren't 6'4.

Sammy, IMO, had the most dominant season by a true freshman WR ever. Deandre, again IMO, is the best WR in the NFL.

Both guys are 6'1!

"short man syndrome" is real.

Sep 8, 2019, 3:46 PM

I usually like what he has to say.......usually.

Sep 8, 2019, 3:54 PM

Amari Rodgers is 5’ 10” and a straight baller, sometimes there’s the exception! Go Tigers! ?? ??

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic