Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It Makes One Wonder
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,380

It Makes One Wonder

Mar 7, 2021, 4:10 PM

The SEC women's basketball tournament is being held in Greenville, SC, almost out of the limits of the SEC. The Gamecocks and the Georgia Bulldogs are the two closest teams. Texas A&M, Arkansas and Missouri were required to make a long ride. On the other hand, South Carolina is about midway between the most distant teams in the ACC. It would seem logical to schedule at least one of the ACC tournaments in the Palmetto state. But NO, the ACC schedules most of their main tournaments in the Tar Heel state.

Several years ago when the ACC baseball tournament was held in Greenville, SC, it was highly successful, both from an attendance and revenue standpoint. Politics came into play and South Carolina sites were denied the opportunity to host a tournament. Furthermore, coaches and fans of other ACC schools complained that playing the baseball tournament in Greenville was like granting Clemson a home field advantage. It would appear to me that holding the basketball tournament in Greensboro,. NC, on a frequent basis could be said to be giving the Tobacco Road teams a home field advantage.

Maybe I'm just a cranky old goat.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It Makes One Wonder

Mar 7, 2021, 4:19 PM

Nah, Joe, you’re not being cranky. The fact is that all things ACC must be done in North Carolina and yes, that gives the Tobacco Road teams a somewhat home field advantage, but NC is the center of their universe. They don’t care what the other schools/fans think.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 4:54 PM

And yet, the basketball tourney has been held in NEW YORK city . Go figure.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 8, 2021, 7:30 AM

NEW YORK city???.... get a ROPE!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,380
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic