Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there an unwritten ESPN rule that Gameday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Is there an unwritten ESPN rule that Gameday

Oct 22, 2020, 11:54 AM

Celebrity pickers for Clemson home games have to root for the visiting team?

Alex Rodriguez?

Does this happen to other schools?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there an unwritten ESPN rule that Gameday

Oct 22, 2020, 11:59 AM

I kind of like it.
It seems that when somebody picks against the Tigers-We win!
I say keep up the great job.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 12:57 PM

We're in a time that it doesn't matter who they pick, or what they're reasons are for their pic, we win bc we're just better!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was all about the 'U'... Then the upset got upset.***

Oct 22, 2020, 12:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 12:11 PM

I don’t remember what year it was, but Landon Donovan was the guest picker for USC vs ND and the game was in LA. Everyone thought Landon would pick USC since he played for the LA Galaxy. I remember he said something along the lines of “I’ve got a friend who’s a ND fan who turned me into a ND fan so I’m picking ND.” Everyone started booing him. It was funny.

Oct 22, 2020, 12:14 PM

Usually the celebrity pickers have something in common with the opponent.

I can't stand that guy and how he comes across as......

Oct 22, 2020, 12:33 PM

so knowledgeable and professional on FOX or wherever else he is.

He, of course, never mentions how he was one of the biggest cheaters/liars MLB has ever had.

Re: I can't stand that guy and how he comes across as......

Oct 22, 2020, 12:41 PM

Glib, smarmy and self absorbed. Very telling he is hired as a baseball analyst. Speaks to how low we set the bar these days. One day they find a way to sneak him in the HOF

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A-Rod is a Syracuse fan? Makes sense with the

Oct 22, 2020, 12:46 PM

Yankees and Syracuse being in the same city. Now I hate Syracuse even more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: A-Rod is a Syracuse fan? Makes sense with the

Oct 22, 2020, 12:56 PM

FYI~Syracuse University is 252 miles north of Yankee Stadium.

Oops, I forgot that Yankee Stadium is in the Bronx

Oct 22, 2020, 1:07 PM

while Syracuse is in Manhattan. Thanks for the reminder!

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I don't think NY City is that big...

Oct 22, 2020, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Re: A-Rod is a Syracuse fan? Makes sense with the ]

but I could be wrong. Maybe you meant blocks?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Bill Murray is a Clemson fan.***

Oct 22, 2020, 1:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think part of it is that we don't have many famous

Oct 22, 2020, 1:28 PM

alums. We don't have an Alex Rodriguez type to have as a guest picker.

Who would our guest picker be? Nikki Haley? Brian Dawkins? Most people don't know who they are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I think part of it is that we don't have many famous

Oct 22, 2020, 3:49 PM

DW4, Hunter Renfrow, Christian Wilkins.

Re: I think part of it is that we don't have many famous

Oct 22, 2020, 5:40 PM [ in reply to I think part of it is that we don't have many famous ]

Wasn't one of the actors from Modern Family a guest picker when Gameday was at Clemson?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic