Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you were the coach and had a player sitting out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,295

If you were the coach and had a player sitting out

Dec 29, 2018, 2:51 PM

to prepare for the NFL, would you want him on your bench during the bowl game?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

No

Dec 29, 2018, 2:52 PM

I wouldn't dismiss him from the team, but he damm sure wouldn't be travelling on the AD's dime.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No.***

Dec 29, 2018, 2:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If you were the coach and had a player sitting out

Dec 29, 2018, 2:53 PM

Nope. Wouldn’t even let him travel with the team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Dec 29, 2018, 2:54 PM

His a$$ would sit at home and watch on TV.

JMO

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Dec 29, 2018, 2:57 PM

Wouldn't want his sorry a$$ near the other players. He would be a distraction. He claims to be preparing for the draft so that is what he should be doing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I was a coot coach I would and here is why

Dec 29, 2018, 2:56 PM

if I was a coot coach, I'd be an idiot.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2018, 2:58 PM

I wouldn't want him if I were the coach, but I think the team should vote on it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way.***

Dec 29, 2018, 2:59 PM

Dec 29, 2018, 3:04 PM

I am "old school" when it comes to stuff like this. While I can somewhat understand the mindset of sitting out to avoid injury, you did sign a commitment when you signed your scholarship papers. To simply decide that you are sitting a game for any reason is wrong.

They would not travel with the team or participate in any organized team activities. I would also cancel their scholarship for the coming semester should they decide to return to school for the spring semester. If they simply quit on the team then IMHO the school/team is under no obligation to do anything more for the player.

Dec 29, 2018, 3:10 PM

I mean Deebo is sitting there smiling having a wonderful time. I wonder if he has any pangs of wanting to get in there and help his team.

null

Depends. If he has been injury prone, but worked his tail

Dec 29, 2018, 3:30 PM

off during his career, yes. Especially if he comes from poor family. But if any hint of distraction during his career, no. And if you are playing in senior bowl, your playing in bowl game or sitting home.

Think of hit by Clowney against Michigan. Most memorable play of his career. I think it’s short sighted by some of these guys,

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic