Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Kevin Steele wins a championship at Tennessee...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

If Kevin Steele wins a championship at Tennessee...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:40 PM

this will only give the detractors more ammunition to use against Dabo, and that's the last thing we need right now. I certainly don't wish for another coach to fail, but if Steele succeeds... well, let's just hope our staff is ready for a bit of a bumpy ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If Kevin Steele wins a championship at Tennessee...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:46 PM

If Johnny Majors was still alive he would be rotflhao

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As you told me wrong board not Clemson football!***

Jan 18, 2021, 4:47 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not surprised you didn't know Kevin Steele was fired...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:50 PM

by DABO from CLEMSON. Steele is our former DC.

How long have you been a Clemson fan, if you don't mind me asking?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: I'm not surprised you didn't know Kevin Steele was fired...

Jan 18, 2021, 4:57 PM

I’m well aware of that. And that was many years ago. So it’s totally irrelevant to Clemson football today. Jeremy Pruitt Kevin steel Tennessee football none of that has anything to do with Clemson football.

Message was edited by: Lowcntry_Tiger®

Jan 18, 2021, 4:58 PM

Dude, this was your chance to actually say he’s living in the past. And you blew it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 18, 2021, 5:09 PM

Lol I actually had that in there and took it out because I was more focused on the it’s not Clemson football part.

But yes I did show him in the other thread how he’s living in the past when it comes to the portal and talking about us winning championships since our last championship was 2018 and the last two years we’ve had our ### kicked byportal players.

The reality is back in 2018 people thought the portal might be useful for depth or a player here or there but 2019 and 2020 definitely changed the landscape!

But it shouldn’t have. The reason it did is because the NCAA caved to pressure and started handing out waivers like candy at a Christmas parade.

They need to change the rules or this portal will ruin football. Coaches will not be able to manage their roster. I say give players a one time exemption to transfer, but after that you have to sit out a year and still only have five years to play four. Because we have already seen some players at three and four different schools. When you take away that penalty where you have to sit out a year the portal is going to become addictive to these kids not willing to work and earn their spot on the field.

Then please don't ever bring up Danny Ford...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm not surprised you didn't know Kevin Steele was fired... ]

Frank Howard, Deshawn Watson, William Perry, etc... on the football board, totally irrelevant to Clemson football today. Is that correct?

Re: Then please don't ever bring up Danny Ford...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:14 PM

You like comparing grapes to watermelons don’t you? Trying to rationalize your post as Clemson football because the guy was a coordinator for five minutes 10 years ago is sad but not near as sad as this last post!

But as Jeff Goldblum said in the big chill try going a week without a juicy rationalization!

This might be easier if you just provide a list of former...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:18 PM

Clemson football players/coaches we can discuss on the football board, and a list of those we can't discuss on the football board.

Re: This might be easier if you just provide a list of former...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:29 PM

No I think you just need to use the brain God gave you and not make such ridiculous rationalizations or maybe stop selectively deciding which posts of mine you flag for the moderators since there are literally dozens and dozens of other posts on this board That have nothing to do with football or Clemson by other people that are just as much if not more egregious as mine. So we can escalate this or you can just knock the crap off and stop being a hypocrite and little girl.

I vote for escalation.

Jan 18, 2021, 5:33 PM

Just my three sense

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Have you ever been fishing?

Jan 18, 2021, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: This might be easier if you just provide a list of former... ]

Then I’m sure you know you can’t catch them all.

Wade Jeremy approves this message.

Jan 18, 2021, 5:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Have you ever been fishing?

Jan 18, 2021, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Have you ever been fishing? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 18, 2021, 5:05 PM

Could you imagine how bad it would be if Steele's Volunteers takes on Napier's Ragin Cajuns next year for the championship? Dabo would have to take the next NFL job immediately!

If that scenario plays out...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:06 PM

The NFL won't be calling.

Re: If that scenario plays out...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:08 PM

Oh I suspect the Texans or Jets would be more interested than ever.

We’ve had more success w/o him than with,

Jan 18, 2021, 5:07 PM

so on what basis would any criticism be made?

Message was edited by: RU4GOD2®

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Dabo didn't recognize the talent Steele had and...

Jan 18, 2021, 5:10 PM

fired a national championship caliber coach? Those will be the headlines. Not a good look.

yup

Jan 18, 2021, 8:19 PM

and it was Swinney's "Smash Mouth Spread" offense that kept Steele's defense on the field 40-45 minutes a game. No national title-contending DC can be expected to operate under those conditions.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 26, 2014, 1:27 PM

Today is only January 18 so why would anyone think an Interim Coach named today would still be around when the season starts. Interim means temporary not permanent.

I'm pretty sure Dabo was an interim coach.***

Jan 18, 2021, 5:10 PM

Jan 18, 2021, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: If Kevin Steele wins a championship at Tennessee... ]

I was getting ready to say they wouldn’t be stupid enough to hire KS as their new permanent head coach but then I realized we are talking about Tennessee!

I’m all for Tennessee being as self-destructive as the University of South Carolina because there are a lot of #### good football players in Tennessee and Clemson has done a great job poaching them!

Jan 18, 2021, 5:09 PM

Dabo every offseason sending the defensive staff to go pick Kevin Steeles mind shows the respect Dabo has for Steele. After Steele left Auburn his phone number was no longer listed , in turn B.V. was not prepared for stopping a running QB against Ohio State.

Dabos 1st call should be to Steele in Tennessee and getting his new #

Jan 18, 2021, 5:23 PM

Surely you jest? I hope my meter is broken because that can’t be a serious post.

BV Has been the best coordinator in football since he got to Clemson. As far as running quarterbacks we have shut down every type of quarterback since BV has been here. Our defense got torched in the sugar bowl because they were running up-tempo and lining up and snapping the ball before we could get lined up. It also didn’t help that Nolan Turner was missing in the first half and Skalski the second half Because they are the two guys to get us lined up.

BV will adjust! Several teams have done that to us this year and others will start doing it in the future so it’s a problem BV has to get solved in the off-season and he knows that.

If he has learned from half of his mistakes

Jan 18, 2021, 6:17 PM

he should be the most knowledgeable coach in the country. This has me a bit worried.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Three things are certain. Death, Taxes, and a truly

Jan 18, 2021, 6:48 PM

bizarre take on any situation by ye olde Francis Marion. :)

But, in light of same, it is actually possible that Kevin Steele has gotten better at coaching since 2011. For certain, Dabo Swinney has. Nine years is a long time in the college coaching profession. Why, the Coots can be on their THIRD head coach in that amount of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you must be crazy

Jan 18, 2021, 7:03 PM

If TN wins a natty, your worry would be a non-story, no one cares that KS was fired from Clemson.

Literally, no one would care, there would be a ton of stories about TN winning their first natty in a long time, and zero stories about Kevin Steel's coaching history. Zero.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic