Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Dabo goes to the Jags, who would you hire?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

If Dabo goes to the Jags, who would you hire?

Aug 31, 2020, 2:22 PM

Jeff Scott?
Tony Elliott?
Brent Venables?
Billy Napier?
Will Muschamp?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Dabo goes to the Jags, who would you hire?

Aug 31, 2020, 2:25 PM

BV....easily...

Aug 31, 2020, 2:26 PM

I'm not sure we could lure Will away from Lake Murray to Lake Hartwell or Keowee. Perhaps Sparky Woods could be talked into leaving his senior advisor position at UNC?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 2:30 PM

Urban Meyer.

FOLKS, IT'S A JOKE. JUST TRYING TO INJECT SOME ABSURD HUMOR INTO A RIDICULOUS QUESTION. DABO AIN'T LEAVING FOR JAX.

Dabo is more likely to renounce his Christianity and become a Buddhist monk than he is to head to the NFL next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 2:31 PM

BV
Satterfield
Will Healy from UNCC

I dunno.. but I tell you, if they hired urban meyer

Aug 31, 2020, 2:55 PM

Or nick Saban you would see a bunch of tnetters do a 180.

Would be
L
E
G
E
N

...wait for it...

D
A
R
Y

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Aug 31, 2020, 2:55 PM

It's an absurd question. Dabo is NOT going anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly***

Aug 31, 2020, 4:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 2:59 PM

Danny Ford. Get back to the right way of playing fooseball.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jeff Scott would be my first call.

Aug 31, 2020, 3:14 PM

I think he's a winner, and would continue the winning program and team culture Dabo has built.

I also think Brent Venables would do a good job, although I don't envision him wanting the head coach responsibilities as much.

Jeff Scott as HC and Brent Venables as DC would be my preference in that situation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Jeff Scott would be my first call.

Aug 31, 2020, 3:27 PM

I had the pleasure of hearing Brian Billick speak right after he won the Super Bowl with the Ravens. He said the hardest part of his job was not the X's and O's, it was motivating a bunch of millionaires to work toward a common goal. Pro coaches that can do that are successful long term.

That being said, what makes Dabo one of the greatest college coaches EVER is his ability to get young men to buy into his program for long term success. He has infectious enthusiasm for the game and the players. Dabo wins over the recruits, the parents or handlers, and is able to prove to each one of them how Clemson is different and can ultimately help them achieve their goals on and off the field. Dabo gets to go out and recruit the players he wants in his program. Dabo was able to get 1st round draft picks to return to Clemson for one more run at a title. Any team that would hire him would likely be in rough shape and ask the Detroit Lions and the Jags how easy it is to build a winner in the NFL. Even the Panthers have had some success but their good years are surrounded by mediocre to lousy years.

Dabo's methods would not work well in the pros IMO. No doubt Dabo would be great at anything he put his mind to doing, but the NFL is a different mind set for the players and owners. Not to mention a guy that Dabo thinks highly of, Nick Saban, went to the NFL and failed miserably.

Dabo would be crazy to go to the pros based on the success he is having in college. He may decide to leave one day and coach the pros, but I would say it is less than a 1% chance.

Dabo isn't leaving if his kids are still playing at Clemson!***

Aug 31, 2020, 3:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Aug 31, 2020, 4:47 PM

either tony Elliott or brent venables

Someone from TigerNet***

Aug 31, 2020, 4:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 31, 2020, 5:44 PM

Jeff Scott - but maybe Brent - but maybe Tony -- keep who got us here!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tony Elliot***

Aug 31, 2020, 5:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kiffin or Muschamp for sure

Aug 31, 2020, 6:33 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Calm down....it's a hypothetical question with a touch of hu

Aug 31, 2020, 7:39 PM

It's obvious some have been cooped up too long. With that being said Brent Venables (if he is even interested) or Tony Elliot.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic