Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws

Jul 5, 2020, 8:45 PM

guess I thought wrong
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/chicago-violence-erupts-during-holiday-weekend-at-least-67-shot-and-13-killed/ar-BB16lUk7?ocid=msedgdhp

Message was edited by: 2k®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: I thought Chicago had very strict gun lawsGuess I thought

Jul 5, 2020, 8:48 PM

used to live an hour away. the daily news of what goes on there is scary. and there is always some official being indicted for something. it was a mess 10 years ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws

Jul 5, 2020, 9:29 PM

Has BLM released an official statement on this tragic loss of life?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 9:59 PM

Only when a white personal kills a black person. Black on black crimes don’t count. Everybody knows this.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:01 PM

White person.

Jul 5, 2020, 10:42 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws ]

preferably a white cop killing a minority person.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

i hope your statement was poorly worded

Jul 6, 2020, 7:05 AM

i hope that a clemson fan would never advocate for what you wrote

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i hope your statement was poorly worded

Jul 6, 2020, 8:01 AM

What? A Clemson fan would not advocate for the truth?

The truth is there are more whites killed by police than black.
There are more blacks killed by blacks than whites.
Wake up and realize youve been lied to

Re: i hope your statement was poorly worded

Jul 6, 2020, 8:55 AM

the statement of "preferably a white cop killing a minority person" is completely unacceptable

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws ]

The irony is that police in gun-control areas are supposed to be the only ones with guns. I guess defunding the police will change that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do. So criminals have most of the guns.

Jul 5, 2020, 9:29 PM
Stupid.jpg(153.0 K)

Exactly. Sadly the hoplophobes don't get that

Jul 5, 2020, 10:57 PM

Well they probably actually do but it conflicts greatly with their desire to subjugate

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They do - for law-abiding people. The criminals, though....

Jul 5, 2020, 9:47 PM

can do whatever they want to. I'm sick of how BLM, Al Sharpton, etc. condemn everything white people and the police do in the US but won't say or do a f-ing thing about black-on-black crime in Chicago or anywhere else in this country. Talk about hypocrites!

Re: They do - for law-abiding people. The criminals, though....

Jul 5, 2020, 10:39 PM

sharpton and his ilk are simply what lenin/stalin referred to as useful idiots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jul 5, 2020, 9:52 PM

And yet people still wonder why police are on edge. People cannot be trusted to do the right thing......period. Thankfully, most do.....but!.....the percentage of the a$$holes out there are doing a fine job at screwing it up for the rest of us.....obviously including the families that are losing loved ones.

Chiraq

Jul 5, 2020, 10:43 PM

South siiiiide

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So..BLDM

Jul 5, 2020, 10:51 PM

as in Black Lives DON’T Matter..in Chicago that is..

that’s what I’ve gotten from that City’s Democratic Big Wheels doing nothing for years?

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes, I wouldn’t touch that topic with a 10ft pole***

Jul 5, 2020, 11:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 5, 2020, 11:09 PM

If they should just legalize guns that would take care of the problem

Jul 5, 2020, 11:37 PM

All cities with a large number of shootings (like Chicago and St. Louis) should institute a stop and frisk policy. But this would be different than in the past.

Police would be able to stop and frisk anybody for any reason, and if they found an unlicensed firearm, the police would confiscate the firearm but not make any arrest.

If the individual had illegal drugs, nothing would be done about the drugs. The only purpose for the stop would be to search for firearms. And if illegal firearms were found, the police would take them, but no arrests will be made.

If this was a standard policy throughout urban America, the shooting epidemic that plagues underprivileged African-American communities would be dramatically reduced.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:16 AM

Lmao.

The sarcasm is strong in this young paduan.

That, or you are trolling. Theres no other explanation for that lunacy.

Jul 6, 2020, 12:01 PM

I’m not young.
I’m not being sarcastic.
I’m not trolling.
Gun violence is at epidemic proportions.
Civic-19 has forced (allowed) governments to enact un-constitutional laws (ex., prohibiting the free exercise of religion).
Similarly, the current gun violence epidemic should allow governments to enact a stop and frisk policy for public safety purposes.
It nobody gets arrested, what is the complaint? Everyone benefits. Fewer guns, fewer deaths. Inner-city African Americans benefit.

Jul 6, 2020, 4:10 PM

Ok. Where do I start?
Stop and frisk whoever is walking around? How about constitutional rights? You cant just stop anyone for no reason. That would be considered harassment. Now you are into profiling, because who do you stop? Who do you consider a threat? I would not be ok with being stopped and searched by every officer who happens to be walking past me. You are basically asking for martial law. It is also reminiscent of certain cultures, FROM HISTORY, who have done something similar in the past. Oh yeah, repeating past mistakes from history....
I remember a woman from Baltimore saying the same thing after the riots there a few years ago. She made similar comments...police only arrest for the most heinous of crimes, but lets leave all the silly little small felonies and misdemeanors alone. Lets not start breaking or ignoring more laws... Where does it stop? Well, officer, i know I just (insert major felony here), but you dont stop illegals, you illegally search and seize, no miranda, you allowed destruction of federal property, etc, so why stop there?
P.s. ### is gun violence? People shooting other people? Hmmm. Make the penalty strong enough and there wont be as much. Start working to help fix the cultural degradation of Black families and actually believe that all Black lives matter, especially the ones killed by other Blacks, and that will make a major change. Stop paying lip service to BLM now that it's time for media, movie stats and athletes have another chance to go showboat.
SMDH.

Common sense doesn't sell these days though....

Jul 6, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws ]

stop and frisk is no brainer...
voter id is a no brainer...
squashing de-funding the police movements is a no brainer...
more extensive training and higher salaries to attract better people as police officers is a no brainer....
stopping illegal immigration is a no brainer...
Protecting our communities and monuments from a mob or rioters is a no brainer...
Incentivizing DADs to stay in the household is a no brainer...
Preserving gun laws for upstanding citizens is a no brainer....

I mean the list can go on for days but these 8 statements are some of the most divisive and heavily debated ideas of our day. There is a war on common sense. Because it will fix the problems for the most part. No they wouldn't be perfect bc our world is imperfect but they would improve our world for our kids going further...But all you gotta do is infer racism, or sexism, or some conjured up "ism" and its possible to squash it bc people have no backbone in leadership positions. Trump tries but he has no support b/c its all about politics and game playing in DC.

Both sides care only about how they can pilfer votes from the other side.And that's why we live in such a volatile age. Not a hint of solidarity in our leadership.

Re: Common sense doesn't sell these days though....

Jul 6, 2020, 6:05 PM

Amen.

Re: Common sense doesn't sell these days though....

Jul 6, 2020, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Common sense doesn't sell these days though.... ]

Preach!!

Jul 5, 2020, 11:47 PM

MLK himself said the people in Chicago were more violent than anywhere he’d been in the south.

Jul 6, 2020, 7:34 AM

Yep...pretty much all of their guns come from states with slack gun laws. They are easy to get.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:02 AM

Surely you are not suggesting that Chicago’s problem is that neighboring states don’t have strict enough gun laws.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 8:45 AM

No. I am just saying that's where most of the illegal guns comes from. I am not worried about gun laws. Its not an important issue. I am just pointing out that the gun laws are a futile effort anyway. 6 out of 10 used in gun crimes come from out of the state.

Jul 6, 2020, 9:31 AM

And bringing those out-of-state guns into the state is a crime, the people who brought the guns into the state illegally are criminals. Criminals are going to commit crimes, including breaking gun laws.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 6, 2020, 8:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I thought Chicago had very strict gun laws ]

Have you ever bought a gun? Do you know how it works? It seems like not...

Authorized gun sellers in states that border Illinois would not sell anything to anyone from that state.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:47 AM

Out-of-State Imports
"About six in ten “crime guns” seized by Chicago Police originated from gun shops outside of Illinois, according to a 2017 report issued by the department. Crime guns are defined by law enforcement as those that are “illegally possessed, used, or suspected to be used in furtherance of a crime.”Aug 14, 2018

Jul 6, 2020, 9:32 AM

Yes, they are stolen from people in other states and brought in. Or straw-buyers illegally purchase them in other states. Straw-buying is already a federal felony crime, as is abetting straw-purchases.

Jul 6, 2020, 8:07 AM

Sad. Just sad.

The media has the ability to bring this all to light. They have the ability to really help with their "change" in an area and with a culture that really needs the help. Unfortunately, they cant get out of their own way with trying to blame anyone and everyone else whos not responsible. When do they actually look at whats going on? When do we start holding the media responsible for their lies and greed?

Most corrupt place in the US. democrats have ruined that

Jul 6, 2020, 9:04 AM

great city. ANd the same ones who ruined that city are looking to run our country next. Better vote Trump or whoever the libertarian candidate is...a good mornin'.

Unscrupulous people who...

Jul 6, 2020, 3:41 PM

have contempt for and live without regard for the laws of the land in order to get what they want will find a way to do so regardless of the consequences.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Unscrupulous people who...

Jul 6, 2020, 9:29 PM

You mean criminals do not follow the law?

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic