Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I stand for renaming the Honors College.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,327

I stand for renaming the Honors College.

Jun 9, 2020, 8:49 AM

The Clemson University Honors College SHOULD NOT be named in honor of John C. Calhoun. This is long overdue and has been openly discussed since at least 2003 - when I was a student.

Clemson was founded in 1889. John C. Calhoun's name was assigned to the Honors College in 1981. His name needs to be removed from the Honors College in 2020.

You can sign the petition via the link below.

Matt Bowling, Clemson University, Class of 2004.

https://www.change.org/p/rename-the-calhoun-honors-college-at-clemson?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_22620362_en-US%3Av10&recruiter=821306863&recruited_by_id=664ea310-bac6-11e7-91ed-e9e6ff47e763&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

Re: I stand for renaming the Honors College.

Jun 9, 2020, 8:51 AM

I’m good.

Btw all lives matter. Guess that makes me a racist in 2020

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 8:55 AM

When someone comes up to WeTooDeep with a pink ribbon for Breast Cancer awareness, he stops them short and says "All Cancer Matters"

Jun 9, 2020, 8:58 AM

Millennials think wearing pink ribbons cures breast cancer.

I don’t disagree with your point, I’m taking it a little deeper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The “Give Inch, Take Mile” methodology is about to roll out

Jun 9, 2020, 9:04 AM

It goes like this ...

Rename buildings ... (okay.)

Now, rename colleges ... (uh, okay.)

Now, remove that big racist antebellum home from central campus. ... (uh, wait, wut?? No way!! Enough!)

Yeah, not hardly. Now about that guy named Clemson. His statue out front has gotta go! ... (Stop. now you’re going too far!)

Naw, we’re just getting started, LOL. Actually, name of the *entire university* is quite offensive. It’s got to change. Sorry! ... (Son of a beech! When does it stop?)

I dunno. Let me look around and give it some thought. I’ll get back to you. Soon. ... (sigh)

Re: The “Give Inch, Take Mile” methodology is about to roll out

Jun 9, 2020, 9:14 AM

An end resolution would be fine but it never does. Just like with the flag at the Capital years ago. They reached a deal. Once they did then the deal wasn't good enough. Thats the problem with appeasement it never ends. If we did something to advance some present day issues and a rename was part of it that's fine. Instead every few years things like this reoccur and its the same stuff over an over. I'd like to see something meaningful not something that leads to rehash after rehash on similar things. If this angers you too bad. Its an opinion. I still have a right to it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Permission to make the obvious sports analogy?

Jun 9, 2020, 9:27 AM

They keep moving the goal posts further away ... you can never win.

Re: Permission to make the obvious sports analogy?

Jun 9, 2020, 9:40 AM

At least these days everyone gets a trophy

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 9, 2020, 9:43 AM

I could live with it if named after Dyess and or Skardon

Jun 9, 2020, 9:47 AM

No thanks.

How about we name it for the Black Police officer killed by rioters? Do you know his name? Why not? You didn’t but you’ll probably reply after googling it.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,327
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic