Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I miss the days of Jack Leggett
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 3,860

I miss the days of Jack Leggett

Mar 6, 2021, 8:54 PM

I said it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I miss the days of Jack Leggett

Mar 6, 2021, 9:00 PM

Monte is a good coach let’s give him some more time. Even Jack got a bunch of years & he didn’t disappoint any of us until we got a little greedy.

Monte is still growing, let’s give him a chance to get better, it’s not like we have been bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Leggett made the CWS at least once every 4 year cycle except for the last one.

Mar 6, 2021, 9:13 PM

95, 96, 00, 02, 06, 10

Pretty consistent

Probably should have won a couple of them.

Mar 6, 2021, 11:37 PM

Especially with the level of talent he had out there two or three times.

Mar 6, 2021, 10:05 PM

I don't.

Montee = Brownell, with a worse resume

Mar 7, 2021, 4:20 AM

They're young this yr but his teams have been subpar up to now

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Montee = Brownell, with a worse resume

Mar 7, 2021, 7:40 AM

Montes teams can not hit an off speed pitch They are fine on fast balls but are awful on the curve ball. That’s coaching and it’s been that way every year since he has been here.

Mar 7, 2021, 8:13 AM

I miss Bill Wilhelm. There I said it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 8:44 AM

I miss Bill Wilhelm. There I said it.

Me, too!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 7, 2021, 8:37 AM

I would have liked to see some one from the JL coaching tree take over. Think those assistant's have like 12 combined CWS appearances and 3 Natty's.

Mar 7, 2021, 9:40 AM

DRad burned those bridges.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Mar 7, 2021, 10:20 AM

There is a reason 2009 is a big year in Clemson baseball. Something in that year is the sole purpose of Clemson's middling success, yes I'm talking Title IX and limiting scholarships. It's why equity is a destructive ideology. I mean you can miss Jack all you want but he too would have done nothing more than Monte. Clemson baseball is a victim of circumstance not coaching. Progressives hate the free market. They hate it because they can't control it. They hate it because Capitalism truly rewards those that actually strive to be better. Politicians should ask themselves one thing when passing a policy, "does this policy help at least one person WITHOUT hurting anyone". That is the only question a politician should ask themselves. Hence why Title IX and equity are nothing more than the destruction of the free market. There is nothing wrong with letting the marketplace set the value of one's goods. If university's are willing to lose money on a sport whether men's or women's then that is their decision, but to MAKE universities lose money on equity then having to subsidize them with tax payer dollars is asinine. This is Common Sense 101 but then again maybe I'm just a misogynist sexist pig white supremacist.

Mar 7, 2021, 10:30 AM

Are you actually under the impression that Title IX was passed in 2009? Title IX was passed in 1972. Jack Leggett literally dealt with Title IX and arcane NCAA scholarship limits his entire career.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jstone D329 - “ It’s ok to want a coaching change”
Brownell @Clemson: 8 seasons ranked 50th or worse by Sports Reference’s SRS
1-29: Brad Brownell road record against ranked ACC opponents
142, 161, 294, 307, 293, 166, 225, 180, 260, 164, 141, 72, 68 - assist rankings amongst all D1 programs during Brownell's tenure

Mar 7, 2021, 10:28 AM

Unfortunately Jack was rude and unlikable. His assistants will not leave Vandy or UF as they have advantages at those schools not available at Clemson so it would be dumb on their part to come home. The playing field is far from level so I suspect making a regional is about all we can hope for in the near term

Mar 7, 2021, 10:28 AM

Unfortunately Jack was rude and unlikable. His assistants will not leave Vandy or UF as they have advantages at those schools not available at Clemson so it would be dumb on their part to come home. The playing field is far from level so I suspect making a regional is about all we can hope for in the near term

Mar 7, 2021, 10:54 AM

A friend of mine was a High School baseball coach at a local school . He is a huge Clemson fan . He said he'd call Leggett about a kid that he thought would be a good Clemson prospect. He said Leggett wouldn't even look at the kid . By the same token he'd call Ray Tanner and he'd say sure we'll look at the kid...and did .

He said it killed him to call Tanner but his first priority was his players and the chance to get them a scholarship to play baseball. It reminds me of Gaines Adams and Holtz refusing to look at his film etc.

and that is why

Mar 7, 2021, 11:17 AM

outside of a few years, South Carolina has been miles ahead of us in baseball. sorry but its true. even in the recent years when we've beat them I think they were the better team. We needed miracles a few times. and they should have beaten us worse this year as well.

With that being said, I believe we have some good, young talent. especially pitching. As much as I love offense, I would rather win 2-1 than lose 10-9. remember Virginia a few years ago? they couldnt hit their way out of a paper bag, yet they went all the way to the CWS finals. and when UCLA had gerrit cole and trevor bauer they weren't an offensive team. I still don't know how South Carolina beat them that year.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Imagine if we had let Corbin take over years ago

Mar 7, 2021, 12:07 PM

say around 2002

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 3,860
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic