Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I doubt there will ever be a Heisman under Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

I doubt there will ever be a Heisman under Dabo

Sep 22, 2019, 9:29 PM

Because Dabo.

We get up big by mid-third qtr? Here come the "other guys" who have given their ALL for Clemson football.

We get up big in the 2nd qtr? Here come the guys who have given their ALL for Clemson.

Dabo is not Bobby couDOUCHEgh Petrino, padding stats to win "a" meaningless trophy. No! He's building a culture/team that wins THE trophy.

I'd like to see a Heisman at Clemson as much as anybody. I'd rather hang national championship banners in Death Valley.

God bless Dabo!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: I doubt there will ever be a Heisman under Dabo

Sep 22, 2019, 9:32 PM

Nope! That's why the no defense big 12 produce so many.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 9:39 PM

Think Dabo lost faith in the Heisman award when D.Watson didn’t win it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 9:49 PM

Well said. When DW was robbed in 2016 I think it was the last nail in the coffin concerning the Heisman for me.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 9:58 PM

It’s a regular season award. McCaffery should have won in 2015 and Jackson rightfully won in 2016. If it had been given after the post season, Watson would have 2.

Seriously?

Sep 22, 2019, 10:06 PM

LJ LOST the last 4 games that season, and that was because BV gave the league the blueprint for containing him. DW outplayed LJ head-to-head

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously?

Sep 22, 2019, 10:11 PM

LJ also had a bunch of fumbles no one was talking about while they focused on DW's interception numbers.

Re: Seriously?

Sep 22, 2019, 11:21 PM [ in reply to Seriously? ]

LJ had like 400 yards against us. If that is containing him he deserved the Heisman for sure.

Actually think it was 500+ total yards

Sep 23, 2019, 6:18 AM

Our defense was helpless against them for most of the 2nd half before getting a couple clutch stops late. Lamar had a great game against our defense. There's definitely some revisionist history going on here.

DW accounted for 5 TDs AND overcame

Sep 23, 2019, 7:03 AM

Four turnovers. LJ had 3 TDs, 1 passing, 2 rushing.

If you had known before the game that we would have so many turnovers but still win, what would you have said? Yes, DW outplayed LJ.

We had 5 TOs and 4 of them were by Watson

Sep 23, 2019, 9:17 AM

I'm not sure how that strengthens his case. Watson was good in that game when he wasn't turning the ball over, but my original point was that we did not shut down Lamar Jackson and the Louisville offense at all. There was no blue print from BV for the rest of college football to copy. Louisville put up 568 yards on our defense on the road in DV and they also had the ball for 37.5 minutes.

POTD!!!!

Sep 22, 2019, 9:43 PM

This is the ONLY trophy that matters...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: POTD!!!!

I concur.

It would have to occur under a very different set of circumstances than the current football environment, ie. a team whose only hope of surviving hinged on a single Lamaresque performer. At present, Clemson can win in all phases of the game, at every position, and with 2- and 3-deep personnel to boot. It ain’t a “Heisman” period of Clemson football history right now - it’s a dynasty one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

I don't see that day coming as long as Dabo is

Sep 22, 2019, 10:03 PM

HC. The 5-stars all covet a Clemson offer and the smart ones desperately want to play for THE MAN. I don't see a time in the foreseeable future when we'll be so dependent on one player.

Re: I don't see that day coming as long as Dabo is

Sep 22, 2019, 10:19 PM

Another thing that hurts is we are a very balanced team. We run the ball just as well as we pass it.

yup that is why the ville

Sep 22, 2019, 10:16 PM

is in the mess they are in now..playing jackson late into games not creating any depth for when he left

I disagree. How do you not give it to us when we go 30+-0?

Sep 22, 2019, 10:46 PM

How do you not find a way to give it to Clemson if we get to 30-0 or even more? If we go undefeated this year, Trevor or ET or somebody will get the Heisman next year.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not given to the best team, that's why

Sep 23, 2019, 7:12 AM

It takes video game numbers these days because the award has become a media-driven trophy. Dabo isn't concerned with promoting one player for a relatively meaningless award. He's building a 22-headed monster that will continue to wreak havoc on the rest of college football.

We would probably have a much better shot if our defense

Sep 22, 2019, 10:49 PM

wasn't so dang good.

well football is a team sport and the heisman is an

Sep 22, 2019, 10:53 PM

individual trophy so there is that. i like the way dabo does things.

Sep 23, 2019, 3:51 AM

Good, one less potential distraction-

Sep 23, 2019, 4:54 AM

There would be a Heisman winner under Dabo if we played in the SEC or Big 10 possibly. As of now there wont be because our competition is weak and our starters dont need to play as deep. If the ACC gets competitive in a few years that will all change.

works In our favor in recruiting

Sep 23, 2019, 6:25 AM

Who wants a kid who cares about his Heisman hopes?

WL

Sep 23, 2019, 7:17 AM

The Heisman is an Individual Award.

A National Championship is a Team Award.

Sep 23, 2019, 7:18 AM

Deshaun Watson said he wanted to win it. Nothing wrong with wanting to win the Heisman, as long as team comes first.

Sep 23, 2019, 8:56 AM

Trevor Lawrence and Etienne were on the field against us scoring a late TD with 39 seconds left in the game...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Take your beating and quit whining you big baby !!!!

Sep 23, 2019, 9:05 AM

Just be thankful Dabo took pity on CussChamp and didn't play the starters the entire game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

My only regret is that we didn't put up 13 more total yards

Sep 23, 2019, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I doubt there will ever be a Heisman under Dabo ]

to eclipse the team record 756 put up against Wake in 1981

Take your moral victory and be glad it wasn't worse.

That's because if we had only been ahead by 14 at the end,

Sep 23, 2019, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I doubt there will ever be a Heisman under Dabo ]

your Coots would have thought they ACTUALLY won, instead of just getting the "moral" victory by losing by 21. We had to avoid mass hysteria.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic