Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I don't care if someone is for Trump or Biden, one has to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

I don't care if someone is for Trump or Biden, one has to

Nov 4, 2020, 8:22 AM

admit that for Trump to come on the air at 2:35 a.m. and declare the race over and won, is one of the more irresponsible, dangerous, desparate and ignorant moments in the history of U.S. government and political history. Adn to declare right there on the spot that it was fraudulant and being stolen (I guess since he's never heard of counting votes in a presidential election can go overnighteven in non corona years) is sheer snake oil salesman and third world country tactics.

Even the director of the FOX News decision desk had to come on and say that Trump's claims were false. Even Chris Christie on ABC had to come out and saythat was dangerous and irresponsible. Trump may win, he may lose, but that moment will overshado everything. Even all of his republican colleagues will distance themselves from that moment. A truly low point in U.S. hitory.

He could have come out like Biden and said, he feels good about the race and he believes he has won, but the votes will be counted and we need to be patient.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was nonsense, but I'm going to say

Nov 4, 2020, 8:25 AM

that it's not like "end-of-the-world" stuff. I think most people recognize it as just nonsense. I don't think this is going to end up in a place where there's significant support for contesting this election. Maybe the President goes out on an island, but most will recognize it as a foolish endeavor.

Re: It was nonsense, but I'm going to say

Nov 4, 2020, 9:25 AM

Prodigal,

I disagree. There seems to be that 5% of extremists that believe his every word - especially when it feeds their distorted paranoia - and that is the 5% most likely to do something foolish.

I hope i am completely wrong, but leaders should help quell extremists - not feed them.

I could say that, but it would be hyperbole.

Nov 4, 2020, 8:27 AM

There are many, many more dangerous moments in American history. Can we chill with the Hyperbolic Trump superlatives for a few?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

stop being a drama queen***

Nov 4, 2020, 8:28 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump, in a moment of personal despatation, with total

Nov 4, 2020, 11:36 AM

disregard for the well being of the nation, its people and the democratic process, was the drama queen.

Re: I don't care if someone is for Trump or Biden, one has to

Nov 4, 2020, 8:29 AM

Breaking News: Trump only cares about himself and the USA comes 2nd. Shocker

Nov 4, 2020, 9:21 AM

I was absolutely unsurprised.

This is perfectly in character for him. He even told us a head of time that this is what he was going to do.

If you are surprised then you haven't been paying attention for the last four years.

He is incapable of breaking from his established pathology - regardless of the circumstances or consequences.

Nov 4, 2020, 9:43 AM

I am only surprised that it took him that long to do it

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Abolish Qualified Immunity

Nov 4, 2020, 9:27 AM

This kind of stuff is exactly why it will be better with trump gone. All of the inflammatory BS out of that man for four years is just too much.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're exaggerating a bit - but if Trump could've kept

Nov 4, 2020, 10:03 AM

himself from saying stupid stuff (like the "I won" comment), he would have won this election easily.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

True, he lost Arizona because he couldn't controll the

Nov 4, 2020, 11:40 AM

impulse to zing John McCain and his memory at the moment. He got too much pleasure from that to worry about the chickens coming home to roost on election day. Well, he lost Arizona, a state that loves their late war hero senator. And because he lost Arizona, he must win Pennsylvania. Because Arizona flipped, Biden can simply win two out of three of Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennslvania. Biden will win Wisconsin and Michigan.

So you are right, it is a lack of decorum like that which cost him Arizona and a second term.

Do you really think thats why he lost Arizona?

Nov 4, 2020, 11:47 AM

You take things pretty personal, don't you?

This is from 6 days ago, and oddly, the author doesn't mention disparaging McCain at all.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/10/29/real-reason-arizona-will-turn-blue-this-year/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are many things that lead to losing a state, so no

Nov 4, 2020, 12:10 PM

I don't think that is the only reason. But it is a close state, and Biden's endorsement from McCain's widow didn't help Trump. In fact, with the tightness of the race, it could have alone made the difference.

Yeah, dude

Nov 4, 2020, 10:31 AM

It's not THAT bad

Geez, the excuses. Imagine if Obama said that.

I still don't understand when folks listen to him, and when

Nov 4, 2020, 11:39 AM

they don't.

Everyone knows the guy is a lying blowhard, but he comes out and says stuff that is obviously wrong, and you're out here waving your hands in the air that Trump is ruining democracy, making a "low point" in US history.

HE was Trying to create chaos at the expense of a perfectly

Nov 4, 2020, 11:42 AM

fine system. His followers hinge on his every word, not to mention the cost of time and money his nonsense would bring about.

Its been 9 hours.

Nov 4, 2020, 11:43 AM

See any chaos yet?

No, because his desparate attempt had no credibility. Even

Nov 4, 2020, 12:11 PM

his own party members and Fox called him out on that. That doesn't change the fact that he tried to do it and that is what is shameful.

So what are you complaining about, and why?***

Nov 4, 2020, 12:13 PM

Duh, I'm complaining that he did it.. It was irresponsible

Nov 4, 2020, 12:49 PM

and showed he doesn't give a #### about the country, but rather his own ###.

I think we've completed the circle. Have a good one. Go Tigers!

Re: So what are you complaining about, and why?***

Nov 4, 2020, 12:54 PM [ in reply to So what are you complaining about, and why?*** ]

I think he's complaining about the fact the current president of the United States claimed victory in an undecided election where not all of the votes have been counted in an attempt to undermine the democratic processes that we use to choose our leaders. Or he's just a whiny lib, usually easy to dismiss any sort of legitimate complaint by attaching that label to anyone who disagrees with you politically.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic