Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many could a Socially Distanced Death Valley seat?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

How many could a Socially Distanced Death Valley seat?

May 4, 2020, 2:37 PM

10,000? If Clemson did that, and charged 8x the normal ticket price to keep about the same amount of cash flowing - would they get 10,000 fans?

Would you want to attend a game in person if only 10,000 people were there?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many could a Socially Distanced Death Valley seat?

May 4, 2020, 2:59 PM

One NFL team projected 15,000 in their stadium. Expect similar here.

I would attend but wouldn't pay a greatly inflated price.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just say the words DEATH VALLEY

May 4, 2020, 3:05 PM

and the impostor DV crowd shows up immediately. Amazing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Rent. Free.***

May 4, 2020, 6:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 4, 2020, 4:02 PM

Roughly 84,000 seating capacity with the hill, 7 home games, allow 12,000 per game with 1/7th season ticket holders at each game. IPTAY can prorate the funds paid to correspond unless the donor wants to pay full price.

I'm sure everyone will go for that. ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 4:28 PM

I would guess 14000 if they were 6 feet apart. Why not 84000 with masks?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 5:39 PM

Roughly 4 out of the 80k would keep a mask on in 90 degree plus games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 6:25 PM

All would be night games until October.

But would our benevolent overlords allow tailgating? I'm sure those in power (and in their sky boxes) would deem tailgating unessential.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 4, 2020, 5:10 PM

I have been in IPTAY with season tickets for a long time. Not going to let a virus stop me from going to the games and supporting the team. I will do what the Athletic Department tells me I need to do. If i am only able to get tickets to one game at an increased price, then so be it. I want the team to be competitive and financially secure post Covid. Go Tigers!

Assuming 6 foot spacing...

May 4, 2020, 5:22 PM

Right now everyone is nearly shoulder to shoulder so you would have to remove 2 out of every 3 seats down a row.

And then how close are the rows? Could you get away with every other row or do you have to go every 3rd row.

Best case scenario is probably around 1/6 capacity which would be roughly 14k. Worst case could be more like 10k.

That's assuming the limiting factor is seat spacing and not restroom / concession / admission line issues.

May 4, 2020, 6:01 PM

25% capacity

May 4, 2020, 6:14 PM

I would like it better with 10k fans. The reason I don't like games are because of all of the people.

May 4, 2020, 6:44 PM

I saw the report on the Dolphins and that is crazy. Can you imagine the pressure of IPTAY trying to figure out who gets in and who doesn't? College is for students so how many tickets do they get? How many family members for each player and staff? Either play on time, play late or don't pay?

May 4, 2020, 7:39 PM

Well 6 aughts is aught, and carry your one. Heck, maybe over 100 if my gozintos is correct.

At least twice as many as Willie B after the 1st QTR.

May 4, 2020, 7:49 PM

versus the Citadel

May 4, 2020, 7:50 PM

Not gonna happen. So they'll let 10k in the stadium, but how do they regular the number tailgating?

Also, how do you make everyone stand 6' apart in line to get in? The lines would wrap around the stadium.

Concessions also seem unlikely.

Unfortunately, unless testing ramps up to the point that we can comfortably test thousands of asymptomatic coaches and athletes every single week, I don't see how CFB season is feasible.

May 4, 2020, 9:02 PM

Our church calculated that 3 seats between each family group and every other row empty would seat approximately one third of normal attendance. The key here is that spacing is between family groups, not between individuals. By that formula we may be able to fit 25,000 or so in the Valley.

The church is asking us to choose between three time slots. I guess for football that translates to each of us requesting the month we attend our two games? Chances are nearly everyone will ask for 10:30 and October.

Are you suggesting priority for larger "family" groups?***

May 4, 2020, 11:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

I know what a family and a group is. What is a family group?

May 5, 2020, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: How many could a Socially Distanced Death Valley seat? ]

null

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know what a family and a group is. What is a family group?

May 5, 2020, 8:20 AM

"Family groups" was a shorter way of referring to "members of one household" the state has allowed for outdoor recreation. I guess it wasn't shorter if I needed to go back and explain.

It seems like "members of one household" would not need spaces between each family member when they have already been sitting around the house together since March. So the occupied rows could have maybe every fifth seat empty instead of every other seat.

The ticket office has good information on how many tickets are in each package they sell, though their information doesn't allow for all the people who buy prime tickets and then resell them in smaller groupings.

So in the words of Gilda Radner, never mind!

May 4, 2020, 10:09 PM

No running onto the field???

Saw where Hard Rock Stadium is making plans possibly including exiting stadium one aisle at a time. Going to be hard to social distance all those fans on the field at DV. Just saying.

Not near enough***

May 4, 2020, 10:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seats now are 16" apart horizontally, generally.

May 4, 2020, 11:10 PM

So you'd have to leave three-out-of-four seats empty to be about six feet, "on centers" apart. You'd also have to leave at least every-other-row empty. So 80,000 divided by 2x4 = 10,000.

Regardless of how we socially distance, IF we have to,...

May 4, 2020, 11:54 PM

I want the rack and stack performed for seating done as usual BEFORE the social distance plan is released. I have been paying an equivalent of about $1700/seat equity for 4 years for $300/seat equity seats. I have moved up 11 rows over that time from row 29 to row 18 in the visitors upper deck. I REALLY don't want any chance of moving up another 3'ish rows to be lost, even if I have to wait until the 2021 season to get credit for the 2020 improvement.

Re: Regardless of how we socially distance, IF we have to,...

May 5, 2020, 12:11 AM

Then, if a special social distancing plan has to be implemented, it is done by priority points. That does not fare well for me, but it is consistent with standard IPTAY policy, as is performing the rack and stack per priority points every year.

12,500. Yes. Yes.

May 5, 2020, 12:28 AM

Key to a 2020 season lies more with other areas and their schools and whether they field teams.

What is the NCAA contingency for isolated area or geographic shutdowns? If some can't play will nobody play?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still think it would be an interesting idea to

May 5, 2020, 6:47 AM

Make home games “students only”. That would be roughly the right number of fans to properly social distance, would avoid the “empty stands” scenario, and would solve the issue of who gets to go (and who doesn’t) to a game in a stadium with a significantly reduced capacity.

I know this model may not work at all for some schools, but this is a CLEMSON board, and the numbers work for us. Plus, what a thrill for students to have a season like that...particularly if the outcome is what we are all hoping for.

L O Effing L at students properly social distancing

May 5, 2020, 8:34 AM

and if it’s only students, who would be there to whine about them woo hoo’ing and adding eff bombs into the fight song?

Not saying they WOULD social distance...only that they COULD

May 5, 2020, 9:50 AM

Maybe they would all cram onto the hill...that would make many people happy. Just hope that with the extra room in the stadium, we wouldn't start seeing activities like those that have been documented occurring at Willy B. Sadly, someone would have to establish an offshoot of the "Mile High Club".

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic