Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Highlands NC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Highlands NC

Oct 21, 2020, 1:28 PM

Would appreciate any lodging, dinning recommendations for Highlands.

thank you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Highlands NC

Oct 21, 2020, 1:29 PM

Yeah BEAUTIFUL!

Oct 21, 2020, 1:35 PM

I'll be there this weekend, staying at Highlands Inn, will be wearing orange on Saturday. Hope to meet you if you're there then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 1:43 PM

Not an easy place to find a good meal because restaurants are so limited and there is no hamburger joint to fall back on. And, some places just don't open for some reason, despite having hours posted that say they're open.

If you don't want to go "fancy", try this place.

https://www.highlandssmokehouse.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:11 PM

200 Main is really nice, stayed there several times.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Highlands NC ]

I second Highlands Smokehouse! Some of the best brisket I’ve ever had!

Oct 21, 2020, 3:10 PM

Hey...has anyone here stayed at Half Mile Farm? I was wondering if it was close to town or perhaps they had a shuttle to the Old Edwards Inn?

Oct 21, 2020, 5:41 PM

We've spent a weekend at Old Edwards Inn 3 times and it was wonderful. You definitely feel like you are at an inn in England just with great food ?? it has been a few years but assume it's still very nice.

A couple I'd recommend...

Oct 21, 2020, 1:50 PM

Lakeside Restaurant - I usually have the filet but the trout is really good too.

Wild Thyme - The veal chops are awesome

The Ugly Dog Pub is a good fallback. Pretty good pub food and a decent beer selection.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I ran into Wilford Brimley there once...

Oct 21, 2020, 3:34 PM

He was having coffee and a muffin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Was he using medical supplies from Liberty Medical?

Oct 21, 2020, 3:38 PM

You know, for the dia-beetus.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

LOL! Good on you for having a good memory. In interviews

Oct 21, 2020, 4:07 PM

it was said they gave up on trying to get the correct pronunciation out of him, so they let it ride. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 1:54 PM

grab your fishin' rod and some crickets catch up some brookies or rainbows and cook'em over a fire. Best supper you could get 'round there.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:13 PM

Wild Thyme is really good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:14 PM

I was born and raised in Highlands, love it! The Ugly Dog Pub is great, Mountain Fresh is an awesome place for breakfast or lunch and Wolfgang's is the best, as far as a high-end dinner option.

Oct 21, 2020, 2:14 PM

Depends on your budget, but Old Edwards Inn & Spa is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed. You can walk to Mountain Fresh Grocery and they usually have something good cooking up in there - their wood fired pizzas are great. Breakfast was good as well.

Well, small town, so weather permitting you can walk to anywhere downtown. Plenty of good hiking spots close by.

Full disclosure, it's been a few years since I've been up there so I'm sure much has changed.

Oct 21, 2020, 2:59 PM

My favorite place to stay is Half Mile Farm, an Edwards Inn property. Not downtown but a quick drive and you can shuttle to Old Edward’s Inn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite place to stay is Half Mile Farm, an Edwards Inn property. Not downtown but a quick drive and you can shuttle to Old Edward’s Inn.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I second Wild Thyme. Crabcakes are excellent also. Also like On the Veranda.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:02 PM

Mountain Fresh Grocery for breakfast, Wild Thyme for lunch, On the Veranda for dinner. Also, Ugly Dog Pub to watch a game, have beer and snacks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Just went there the weekend of the open date.

Oct 21, 2020, 3:21 PM

The wife and I enjoyed it! We ate at following and had great meals at each one:
Midpoint Highlands—had a burger was delicious
Restaurante Paoletti —-had the Rack of Lamb, was delicious just smaller than I hoped.
Mountain Fresh Grocery—had breakfast waffles, eggs, bacon. Was delicious.

We stayed at Highlands Inn Lodge. It was a little dated but clean and comfortable. When we go back we will stay on Main Street within walking distance so we can have more alcohol and walk back to room.

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Old Edwards Inn & Spa our #1..with restaurant across the street..

Oct 21, 2020, 5:36 PM

next to Highlands Inn, called ? being our choice. The owners own a restaurant there in Highlands & in Miami.

Have fun Rugby Man!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 5:39 PM

What’s this have to do with Clemson football?

The amphitheater is that way>>>>>

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic